“Nothing but the best......”

Holiday Inn Pattaya
Ranked #9 of 450 Hotels in Pattaya
New Delhi, India
“Nothing but the best......”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Hello readers,
It is one of the best hotel in pattaya. The location ofthe hotel is what makes it stand apart from others. Right across the beach with decent crowd n if travelling pattaya with family then this is the place to be.
Lots of bars n pubs within walking distance. Couple of nice indian restaurant nearby just 5min walk away.
The check in was very fast n smooth. Got a room on 11th floor. Rooms are very spacious very neat n clean with even nicer bathrooms. Nice small balcony with the room to enjoy the breeze. Breakfast spread was not upto the expectation. They can improve on the variety and can add some indian food also as there are lots of indian tourist on the region.
The only negetive thing about the hotel is that the staff there dont have much idea about the area. As on check in I asked them about the nearest indian restaurant and they gave me a blank face n said they dont know. But to my surprise there 2-3 decent indian restaurant very near by and mantra restaurant @ amari orchid next to holiday inn. So I just request the hotel to educate their staff properly to help the tourist.
The kids pool was simply amazing and my daughters just love the pool.
Overall it was a memorable stay n would definitely like to return to this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank choconam
HolidayInnPTY, Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear choconam
Thank you for recently staying with us at Holiday Inn Pattaya. We’re pleased to know that you really enjoyed the location of the hotel and that your children loved the kid’s pool. I hope that also were able to spend time in the Kids Club, we have a great program available every day.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and will most definitely ensure our team members know of great restaurants nearby, this is very important and well noted.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Pattaya.
Kate Gerits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chanthaburi, Thailand
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend. Our check-in was top notch due to our being IHG members. Our room was fantastic and the sea view was very nice. The room was clean. The location was perfect, just across from the beach. My wife and I enjoyed the pool everyday.
My only complaint is that in the evening, when returning from dining and entertainment, the guards treat my wife (Thai) like a prostitute. We are quite used to it though as "guests" are required to surrender ID at the desk (a good, safe practice). This still doesn't alleviate the humiliation we endure everywhere we go. It is what it is.
Perhaps a bit of subtlety might be in order,instead of ordering a woman to go check in the desk.
Alas, the hotel is very nice, and we will stay there again.

Room Tip: 1002 has a nice sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mstribling
HolidayInnPTY, Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Mstribling
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return.
I do however appreciate the very constructive feedback that you have offered. The security procedure is in place as you rightly describe for the safety of guests. But what you have given as feedback has certainly made me think about how we implement this procedure and how we can be more subtle in future.
I do hope to welcome you back again and thank you for the feedback.
Bangkok,
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I doused this property with criticism in past years partly because they insisted on charging $23 for room Wi Fi access. To the credit of TripAdvisor.com and perhaps the heavy traffic at this large hotel, that review was actually read in excess of 1,000 times.

And, Holiday Inn Pattaya got religion and Wi Fi was free on my March visit.

The rooms are clean, very "white" and all have a view of the immense and picturesque Gulf of Thailand.

A real negative for the Friday and Saturday night stay was the fact that the Pattaya "Music" Festival was on from about 9PM until about 2AM each night. Wow, and wow again!

Beach Road, that which is 50m in front of the hotel, boom/boom/boomed from seven hours
each night from north Pattaya (where this property is located) all the way to distant Walking Street. I walked 100m of it and barely saw a western tourist -- the music was all Thai.

To this Holiday Inn's credit, their GM, Kate Gerits, put out note under each of our doors saying the "music" festival closed at 0200 each night. I guess I would have liked to have seen her do so on the website as unless one can sleep through a partner's severe sleep apnea, no one could sleep through this.

I travel with industrial strength ear plus which blocked 80% of it.

Pattaya's government is intensely corrupt and even more so, inept. That "music" festival is an enormous annoyance to the hotels and condos on Beach Road as they get to read this acerbic complaints about something quite literally imposed upon them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank James R
Dear LaneBangkok
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are indeed correct, and all IHG hotels have made internet free for all IHG Reward Club members from January 2014. It’s a fantastic benefit of being a member.
I’m so sorry to read that you were inconvenienced by the noise from the Pattaya music festival. I appreciate how loud it was and our hotel along with others was impacted that weekend. I agree that I should have notified guests prior and thank you for your feedback on this.
Thank you again for being a loyal guest of Holiday Inn Pattaya and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Reading
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Hotel is just on the beach road so very convenient for the beach if you want to swim there but I don't think it is recommended as the water is a bit brown(!!!!) There is a lovely infinity pool on the forth floor where you can trust the water rather than in the sea. Separate kids pool too so not too noisy if you want to relax in the sun under a umbrella by the pool:)

Hotel is in north Pattaya, so well away from all the "fun" of walking street so at least you can sleep at a reasonable time if you want. However, if you want to take in the "nightlife" of Pattaya it is only a short 20 Bhat bus ride away and there is almost a constant supply of buses going past the front of the hotel.

Tiffany's show is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel so really convenient for that. I think it was worth a visit as I have been to Thailand a few times but never tried a "third sex" broadway type show before and quite enjoyed this one. Two others in town to chose from also.

Hotel is bright and fresh and as a Platinum member of the IHG club I was fortunate to get a room upgrade to a high floor with small balcony!!! Room was spotlessly clean with lovely comfortable bed.

No bath in the room but a rain effect shower, however glass front on this so if you share the room with someone you need to know them well, or at least you will do by the end of your stay!!! Well, not true actually, as they do have a roller blind on the outside of the glass fronted shower. However, what is it with Asia they often have glass internal walls in their bathrooms!!!

Breakfast on the 4th floor is great with a really wide choice of western and eastern options both hot & cold. Only ate in the hotel one night (Havana) @ the front of the hotel by the beach, lovely at sunset (see pic), food fine.

Staff really helpful and friendly with any requests. Free use of three computers in the café area in the lobby if required for the internet. Free internet in the room for IHG club members, so well worth joining the club!! There was also free car parking too.

So would I go back, well probably not, but that is more Pattaya itself than the hotel. If I was back in the town I would certainly stay at the hotel any time.

However, if you want "some fun" in the sun it is a great place to be.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnPTY, Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear pair211
Thank you for recently choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Pattaya. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular the great location and our friendly and helpful staff.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back next time to visit Pattaya.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at Holiday Inn Pattaya for one night during our trip to Thailand. We have stayed at many Holiday Inn hotels in Europe before but this one really left us speechless - we loved all the details and every minute of our stay there! The hotel is right at the beach and the design is stylish and modern throughout (the hotel is only a few years old). The atmosphere is very relaxing and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

We are Priority Club Reward members and got a special check in at a separate desk where we could sit down – this was nice after a long journey and the team made us very welcome. We got a lovely room on the 19th floor with our own balcony and stunning views over Pattaya beach and the sea. The room was absolutely amazing and far above usual Holiday Inn standards! The bathroom was located at the back of the room and the walls around the bathtub/shower were made of glass, so that you could see through the room and enjoy the view over the sea from the big windows….what a great idea! You can tell that the designer of the hotel has put a lot of thought into the room layout and colour scheme…the light blue cushions and bedspread had exactly the same colour as the sea outside! We had everything we needed: very large double bed with pillow menu (soft and firm pillows), sofa and coffee table, balcony with two chairs and a table, large desk with chair, flat screen TV, fridge, hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers, large wardrobe with inbuilt safe, iron and iron board, kettle with a choice of teas and coffees, some wine and water glasses, four bottles of complimentary water in the bedroom and bathroom and the lovely bathroom with a choice of shampoos, creams etc. Everything seemed very new and modern and was spotlessly clean.

After our arrival we ordered some Thai food to our room and had it served on our balcony…perfect! We also enjoyed the amazing breakfast at Holiday Inn Pattaya…it was five star standard and the food was beautiful (amazing choice and quality). We spent the next morning relaxing at the lovely infinity pool and were given a late check out to make the most of our short stay. Unfortunately we weren’t there long enough to enjoy many of the other amenities such as spa, gym or the ice cream shop in the lobby.

We would like to thank the friendly team at Holiday Inn Pattaya for making our stay so nice! We can definitely recommend the hotel (it must be one of the nicest hotels along Pattaya beach!) and hopefully will have a chance to come back one day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Michaela M
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review for us on Trip advisor. We are of course so pleased to know that you had such a great stay with us, the team really enjoyed sharing your review.
You’ll have to make sure next time that you're able to stay longer so that you can further enjoy our great hotel.
Thank you again and wishing you safe travels.
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Holiday inn pattaya is a dream destination with wonderful view from my room and modern interiors. Breafast with plenty of choice, location is perfect for all activities in day and night time. I will definitely like to visit the hotel again and recommend for friends

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olivier M
HolidayInnPTY, Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Olivier M
Thank you for recently staying with us at Holiday Inn Pattaya. We sincerely appreciate you recommending us to family and friends and hope to see you again next time you visit Thailand.
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed in 902 in May 2014. Truely one of the best locations in Pattaya - right in front of the beach and away from the "real" Pattaya world. Excellent pool for kids and lots of activities for kids (including indoor activities where they provide specialised attention to keep your kids busy at nominal charge while you go out and shop/SPA)

Check in/out was fabulous and all rooms are beach facing (though not direct but diagonally) and only deluxe rooms are direct facing the sea. Breakfast was fantastic and hotel gave us offer of 1+1 free and kids under 12 were completely free. Hotel has 5 restaurants and all of them have happy hours with good discounts.

Rooms were spotless clean and services were prompt. I had asked for a weighing machine and though the machine was not working the housekeeping got the machine to my room to show it was not working. Much appreciated !

All tourist places such as Alcazar or SIAM Mini World are close by (by taxi around 250 bath return) and all taxi guys gives you discounts or upgrades at the shows though you pay the normal rates. Bear museum (must for kids) is located 150 meters away from the hotel. If you want massage then please try THAI MASSAGE close to hotel (be prepared to wait for your turn as the place is very famous). Must try all sea activities/water sports (on beach) and bargain hard since they quote whatever is your mind and where you stay (they ask you your hotel and then say the price). Same with the taxi guys or try the local open taxi which takes you anywhere (bargain real hard since in one occassion he asked 300 baht and I ended up paying 70 baht for three persons).

Three Indian restaurants close by - Shahi Indian (please avoid - BAD FOOD), Indian Chimney (Good food) and Delhi Haat (walking 15 min) but did not try. All Indian restaurants serve lunch dinner at around 250 baht per person. If tired of street shopping try the top malls - TESCO, Central Mall Festival (in Hilton Hotel). These hotels not only sell branded stuff but also have lot of sales/unbranded goods which are good.

Overall, I would say Holiday Inn is truely a family hotel and the best in Pattaya and definately recommended for familes with kids.

Room Tip: Chose high floors facing the sea. Pool on 4th floor and rooms start from 5. Try rooms form 9 and bey...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ritesh274
Dear ritesh274
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your recent stay. You have managed to capture all the great activities and places to see in Pattaya in your review. The hotel, as you said, is in a wonderful location at the northern end of Beach road, close enough for those that want to enjoy the night life but even more perfect for those who want to explore Pattaya as a family.
We sincerely appreciate your recommendations and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you visit Pattaya.