“Great Blue Horizon from this Hotel : Pool-Sea-Sky”

Holiday Inn Pattaya
Ranked #9 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 5 August 2014

One of the best kids pool I have ever seen and the view from the Adult pool over the blue horizon of sea and further the skyline - Very relaxing. The coastline view of pattaya from the upper floors is also great. If this was just the natural beauty that you can enjoy from the hotel property the hotel is well equipped with most modern amenities and facilities for business & leisure travelers. The hotel staff was very cordial and yet professional in their approach.This was my 3rd visit to this hotel on a business trip and would love to come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors overlooking the pattaya city coastline.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Pattaya

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Like many of you, I was thinking there is NO WAY a Holiday Inn could be ranked in the top 20 of Pattaya (currently at 12), but I was proved wrong. This must been the best hotel in Holiday Inn's properties. Could not believe how nice this hotel is - for the price.

Lobby is very nice and very modern. Staff is warm and the rooms are nice. Not too big, but good enough. The view is incredible from the rooms facing the ocean. Great location. Its a more quite part of the main strip.

Good kids area. There is a mix of families and some sketchy types - but doesn't feel shady at all. Each group does there own thing.

p.s. the Pizza at the italian place is INCREDIBLE.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnPTY, Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear ndes99
Your review made us all smile here at Holiday Inn Pattaya! We’re very proud of our product and service and very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a wonderful location on the northern end of Pattaya Beach but still close to all the things that visitors to Pattaya love and since all rooms have a balcony, all guests can enjoy the spectacular view.
Thank you for the special mention of the wood-fired pizza from Terrazzo Restaurant and bar, the team really appreciated receiving your comments.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

been coming to Pattaya almost every weekend this past month. seems everyone wants to get out of Bangkok for any reason. anyways been trying upscale hotel stays for fun and enjoying the comforts. Holiday Inn was my second fave and my friends first fave so it is in my view worth the 5 bubble rating. suite is handsome, bed is comfy, lanai is small but holds a nice view as does the picture window and bathroom window. price is right and staff were helpful.

had to wait a bit for my room and I was running late and wanted to exercise before a night of drinking with friends so I asked if I could use the pool while they sorted out my room. shown the way and did my reception at the pool about 15 minutes later. if you wanna nice stay check this place out. only two nights for us and there's a nice restaurant and bar on site with live music.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kai_khem
Thank you for visiting us from Bangkok. Pattaya is an easy drive from Bangkok and a great escape for the weekend for many of our guests. Thank you for the special mention of your room comforts and the helpfulness of the staff. I’m not sure if you know, but we have recently opened our Executive Tower located right behind the current building. I’m sure you will love the new facilities that this tower has to offer, which complements our current product and services.
I’m hoping we might be able to become your ‘fave’ hotel in Pattaya. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Pattaya.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is my second visit to the Holiday Inn Pattaya this year and once again, the hotel and staff made my 5 day stay a most memorable and enjoyable one. The rooms are clean and spacious and I was fortunate enough to have been upgraded to a suite. Khun Mutita, the premium member host on duty, was very kind to ensure that I received all the amenities as a platinum member including welcome fruit and daily newspaper.
This hotel is ideally situated across the street from the beach and the rooms have the most beautiful water view during the day and at night. An additional perk is that the hotel is in the heart of all the shopping and nightlife that Pattaya has to offer. I enjoy this hotel so much that I make it a point to stay over the weekend during a typical two-week international business trip.

I look forward to returning quarterly to the Holiday Inn Pattaya and the staff's hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for a high (10th floor and up) water-facing room. You won't be disappointed with the view a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tuan_lam2

Dear tuan_lam2
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again on your recent trip to Pattaya and being one of our most loyal guests. The team and I really enjoyed receiving your review and very pleased to know that you had a most memorable stay.
Next time you stay; please allow me to introduce you to our new Executive Tower, located right behind the current building. The rooms have the same great views and we have added an Executive Club facility.
See you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Warm and great welcome from the moment you enter until you sadly leave this hotel. The staff was very professional and the outlets very good. Try to book a sea view room with a nice balcony to enjoy the stunning view of the beach. We would have love staying longer and will be back for sure.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Globetrotter1605
HolidayInnPTY, Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Globetrotter1605
Thank you for posting a review after your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate the positive review and more importantly that you will return to our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and enjoyed it, but our most recent stay, for 8 nights starting 30th June, was very different as we could not wait to leave. This was down to a large corporate group that arrived and took over the hotel. If the hotel wishes to retain its loyal customers, who will no doubt have paid substantially more to stay there, I would strongly suggest they review their group bookings.

The group were noisy during the nights (couldn't sleep) dominated breakfast, were extremely rude and even used their hands to pick up the food from the buffet. The pool area was a no-go area for me as a woman as they seemed to think it was ok to use the pool in their underwear, I have no idea why anyone would not have a pair of swimming trunks with them, and again they were noisy and rude, I was the only female at the pool but we left after 30 minutes,we spoke to the pool staff who were trying their best to control the rabble but even when they asked them not to swim in their underwear they continued to wear underpants wandering around the pool area. I'm only pleased I didn't have children with me. Disgraceful behaviour and yes, we did make our feelings known to the staff and the late night noise, our room was 2113 and the front office had reserved another room in case of noise which was very accommodating but why should we have to move room because of other guests noise.

Even in reception there were large groups of them, again noisy and rude, pushing me out of the way when using lifts with absolutely no manners at all.

Even though my husband is a Platinum Elite member of the Holiday Inn reward scheme and extremely loyal to the hotel group, I would doubt that I would want to stay here again on my next visit. If the Manger of this hotel wants to contact me direct to discuss this then I would be happy to discuss this?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HerRubyship
HolidayInnPTY, Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear HerRubyShip
Thank you for posting a review after your recent stay. It goes without saying that I’m so sorry that you had to experience what you did and I’m disappointed that this has left you with such a poor impression of the hotel. Hotels will always have a mix of groups and individuals and for the vast majority of the time can easily all enjoy the facilities. It’s clear however from your review that this was not the case during your stay.
I would very much like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and will make contact with you on the email you left on file.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights during the long weekend in Thailand. Room is very clean, all amenities they provide for you is good. Bed is not much soft but the pillow is, you may need extra pillow for better sleep. I love the sexy designed of their shower box, if you come here as couple probably this is perfect but if you come together with your friend, then it's another experiences.
For electric sockets, they have about 6 points for you... that's more than enough for all your gadget you had. And it's universal socket type!!! Only if you had Singaporean plug, then you need adapter. But if you had American or EU or Japanese plug type, you don't need adapter.
Breakfast is good, they changed a little bit every day, as I stayed here for 3 nights I found that you can try some different menu on different day, that's good because you won't get bored with all same every morning. Only on Saturday morning the environment in breakfast hall is quite crowded and you have to wait for seat about 10-15 minutes.
I have to say that their staffs are well train, and service is excellent. Whatever you had asked from housekeeper, you will get in less than 5 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Chitralada
Thank you for visiting us from Bangkok and taking the time to post a review. We love the positive comments that you left with regards to the room cleanliness, amenities and the breakfast buffet. Each day for breakfast we change some of the specialty items so that those staying a few nights will have variety. Additionally, thank you for making special mention of our colleagues and the service you experienced, your comments were very well received.
We hope to see you again for your next weekend getaway!