Grand Hotel Pattaya
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
The Ambiance(Pattaya)
  • Beachfront
All reviewswalking streetsea viewlocal callshigher floor roomsmall lanedecent staffkey depositbars and clubsawesome locationplace to stayhappening areabus stationthe upper floorsbreakfast was includedyour luggagei highly recommend this hotelnice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Having read good reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor, I decided to give it a try for a short stay – 2 nights. Here’s my account:

RESERVATION
Made online reservation directly through the hotel’s website http://www.grandhotelpattaya.com/. The reservation system is managed by a company named WideDiscovery.com. This company receives online reservations, checks details, confirms availability with the hotel and then confirms the reservations to the customers. Very prompt service, I booked at 9 pm and by 10 am the next day, the reservation confirmation was in my inbox. In case of any amendments to the reservation the same company does the job. Very prompt service again, easily reachable over phone with English speaking customer service. I simply called to verify the reservation and was impressed by the service. Please make a note of theirs contact and working times, all such information will be in the email.
WideDiscovery.com will charge a deposit of 10% of the entire stay amount, based on room rates (in other words hotel's commission to the company) which will be deducted from your bank at the time of reservation. The remaining will have to be paid at the time of check-in (refer photo1). Payment is accepted in THB or Cards. Please note a refundable 1000THB will be included in the remaining payable balance at the time of check-in. Please ensure you retain the receipt to claim back the refundable deposit. Even if you pay the balance with Card, they will refund the amount in THB cash.

ARRIVAL
[ Reference: check out bell travel service for commuting between Airport to Pattaya, direct drop a hotel available , booking on internet is 30BHT cheap www.belltravelservice.com]
I and my friend arrived t the hotel at 10.45 hrs. We had two separate Superior Twin/Double rooms. We were greeted well by the receptionist and got our rooms instantly. Now that’s a relief after 9 hrs of travel time. Our rooms were on the first floor. We even bought pack of 6 *1Litre water bottles from the hotel reception @ 40THB. This is available in the 7/11 (24 hrs supermarkets in thailand) for approx 35THB. The receptionist was very polite and friendly; they informed us of all details regarding room deposit & breakfast timings. Local calls (in & around Pattaya) could be made for 45THB for 3 minutes from the reception, international calls charge vary depending on countries…however, minimum being 310THB for 3 minutes.

ROOMS
At check-in 1000THB, refundable, is charged per reservation, regardless of no. of rooms you have booked. This is returned at Check-out. Remember this !!
We had reserved the Superior Twin (Twin or double-bed choice) @ 1290THB per room per night. Awesome was the first word in our minds. Tidy and spotless. Well made bed, clean tables, no infestation or stains or patches on the walls/floors/table/bedsheets/mirrors/cushions . The room had a TV(49 channels) , Tea/ Coffee making facility, full sized fridge with a variety of drinks, a locker and closet. We had a small balcony to our room, almost all rooms in the hotel has balconies. All rooms are smoking. The Aircon was an independent unit and I could turn on/off at my will, it worked very well. The rooms were very well soundproof too. Wireless internet is weak in rooms but consistent…of course its FREE. The login and password for internet is pasted on the room key which I found was convenient. It was mainly the cleanliness that got us impressed.

BED & BATHROOM
Now these are both important to me … for obvious reasons!! Pillows were firm & soft. The bedsheet and duvet were clean and did not smell foul. Overall comfortable. The attached bathroom was very clean, the towels fresh and tidy, hot and cold water from the shower 24 hrs and excellent exhaust.

BREAKFAST
Timings are from 7.30 hrs to 11.30 hrs. The breakfast is usually included in the room tariff, unless otherwise mentioned , you can see this during reservation stage. In low seasons, I believe the hotel does not do buffet in low seasons but have a variety of fixed combos to select from e.g. my combo was - toast with butter and marmalade, scrabbled eggs, bacon*1, chicken sausage*1, pork, salad, cornflakes, pineapples & watermelon, a glass of milk+apple juice+orange juice. Taste: OK, Quality: fresh and good, Quantity: enough for one.

OTHERS
The hotel is guest friendly, no extra charge for bringing guests.
Location is right in the middle of walking street, excellent !!! . From our balcony we spent good time in people-watching while having beer.
Then there are tattoo studio, salon, food-joints, 7/11's, Taxi to Suvarnabhumi airport, plethora of motorbike taxis at the hotel entrance, Go-Go bars, variety of entertainment venues in walking street.....or whatever holds your fancy ....all within minutes of walk outside the hotel.
There is a small bar in the hotel but hey ! you are in the middle of the Walking street why drink here !!

FINALE:
No hassles, much higher value for money than you expect ….. go for it……you will enjoy the stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors are easy come and easy go.. however higher floors definitely have there own advantages.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Whistlec
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Had an opportunity to stay at this property with 8 of my friends for two nights. As rightly mentioned by others in their reviews it is ideally located inside the walking street which is the happening place at Pattaya.there is goo view towards see also. The rooms are decent and having good facilities. They provide you reasonably good breakfast also. But the unfriendly approach of the hotel staff right from the time of our check in really irritated all of us. At times we felt like beggars seeking their mercy. Even at the restaurant during breakfast which was not having buffet facility, staff were never totally rude. aAnd the grand finale was charging 500 baht for allegedly breaking the door stopper of one room which was already broken at the time of check in itself. It took long time to retrieve my passport which was kept as security with them ( that too 500 baht for one door stopper). Later on we found that the half broken stopper was completely dismantled by the hotel cleaning staff them selves during the final verification of room during checkout. Somehow we managed get the passport back. I have never seen such a worst behaving staff at any of the hotels outside India

Room Tip: Rooms in this hotel are pretty good
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Santykp
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I found this hotel just while walking from hotel to hotel and I must say this hotel is one of the best value for money hotel in the proximity of famous walking street. Rooms are perfectly suitable for all purposes and all types of vacations. Specially for night life this is what you would ever look for.

Room Tip: There are two views, one overlooking sea and another overlooking walking street so choose as per your preference.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RajneeshVenkta
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is two star property having the best location.

Located directly on Pattaya's popular Walking Street, Grand Hotel boasts a sun deck with panoramic view of Pattaya Bay and modern air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. It provides 2 dining options and a 24-hour front desk.

Thai-style rooms all come with free bottled water, a satellite TV and DVD player. Attached bathrooms are equipped with hot-water showers. Most rooms enjoy sea views.

Grand Hotel is a short 5-minute walk from the sandy shores of Pattaya Beach. It is a 1-hour, 30-minute drive from Bangkok City.
Safety deposit boxes are available at the reception.
The hotel offers room service. Daily breakfast at coffee shop, GH Restaurant offers international dishes. In-room dining is possible with room service.

Room Tip: You have to best in bargains to get good deals
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Satish R B
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Last week i made an unexpected trip to pattaya beach where i was really jammed up on where to book a room to stay for the next few ways while i wanted to party on walking street.
I booked a room on Agoda 2 blocks away (total dump) **** had roaches and spiders on the walls . Filthy and had no hot water. along with an elevator that looked like we were going to die in if it ever failed. Needless to say i was pretty pissed and refused to stay after inspecting the room. I left with all my things in hand and the previous hotel refused to pay me my money back due to booking online..... Rules Folks !!!! (ALWAYS BOOK DIRECT NEVER USE 3RD PARTIES) why u pay 2x the price and there are NO REFUNDS !!!!

I walked to some nearby bars and told them my troubles and a few girls i knew that worked the area. They told me to walk to Soi 14.... Im walking down this skinny alleyway of a street where i approach this Massive Hotel in the middle of the rough. I see this guy outside smoking a cigar and I ask him, " hey u stay here?" he's like ive been here for 10 years....
I told him my troubles and he told me to C'm on son I got you covered"......His name was Don ....Thanks Again Don.... (u rock bro"!!!) Don took me to the desk where he worked his magic with the hotel and got me a balcony room on the 8th floor facing it ALL...

Best Experience Ever .... I highly recommend this Hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hands down you can not find a better place on walking street for the $$$$ and the Location......

Positives

If you stay and you want a view from a balcony u need to be on the odd side preferably 7-9th floor. if u want an ocean view u need to book an even room on either floor..... believe me its awesome viewing the ocean from your bed.

(Location on Soi 14 & Walking Street) Small Alleyway
Clean rooms with nice porcelain tile flooring and granite accents
Breathtaking view from your 2 seated Balcony -- View of all of Pattaya City, Waterfront and Walking Street... Breathtaking !!!!!
Cold A/C !!!!
Clean beds with daily cleanup & daily amenities to be refreshed- water, towels, linens, and shower gels and shampoos.
They have a restaurant.
Barbershop, 7-11, massage and laundry in 2 mins walking.

Negatives

I am going to start off to say "for me to give a 5 star Approval " 3 things were missing- that are a "must" for the perfect "5 Star experience"..... however these are the only lacking areas.
#1 No Lockbox in the Room (however they are lockboxes downstairs in the front desk...i personally dont care for them out of my control)---but they do give u possession of the key to the box
#2 No bathtub (shower Only)
#3 No Swimming Pool

Staff

I have nothing but positive things to say about the staff. everyone was courteous and pleasant to me. The cleaning ladies are very sweet every morning at noon.... i always tip them.

Negatives - Hit or Misses

*Borderline --- u can give your room-key (physical key) to the downstairs desk clerk and they hold it for u... (so key is not an issue and i will not hold it against them) so when you are drunk off your butt --- u just walk in with how many ladies u have for that time of day or night ... u tell the front desk ure room number .... Presto theres your key--- off to the lobby to the elevator

Room Tip: You will Thank Me Later ! I promise u that ! Rooms on the 7-8-9th floor (View of Ocean Only) All Glass Room --- even numbered Rooms on the 7-8-9th floor ( View of Pattaya City / Ocean and Walking Street and Balcony- Odd Number
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo