“Quite pricey for average food and not so good service with nice surroundings”

Silverlake Wine & Grill
Ranked #170 of 1,112 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I went to have late lunch at Silverlake Wine and Grill restaurant with my family today. First thing first, I really like the ambience and the surroundings as it's very relaxing.

We ordered 1) pizza 2) seafood risotto 3) Chicken breast grilled with red wine sauce 4) Pork Milanese

While waiting, the waitress gave us some bread but there was no butter so I asked another waitress for butter. She came to the table and then went back to set another table and then went to another table to take orders ....no butter was brought to me.

I waited for a bit but it seemed like my butter wouldn't come so I asked it from another waitress and got it.

The food was served to our table quite quick, however; the taste was average. I mean it was good but nothing spectacular and frankly with that price, I'm very certain that I could get tastier food and better service.

I observed the way the waiters and waitresses worked and felt that they were pleased to provide services to people who dress well rather than serving people who dress commonly...from a perspective of a graduate from hospitality management, I feel that it's impolite to judge your customers from the way they dress as long as they don't wear something too improper for the restaurant.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Mixed Feelings this time. I did not book a table, was immediately told I should leave no seats even though I could see multiple empty table in main dining room and the patio area. Was with family this was just rude didn't argue was going to leave another person maybe a manager came asked us to wait. A table "was found." the food was excellent, the food is expensive, the service once started was a solid Ok.
This is a local restaurant for my family, this was to be a treat. just mixed feelings.
Attitude change should be considered.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I had a wonderful Christmas Day lunch here. I'm very impatient with Thai places that look down on Westerners because their Thai Clientèle keeps them going but I had no hint of bad service, the good was great and I enjoyed my time there. Maybe they've had a change of staff after some of the ealier reviews. We drank quite a few bottles of last years SilverLake wine and it was very good given that some Thai wines aren't quite there yet.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This could be a premier restaurant in Pattaya but unfortunately it is a wasted opportunity.
Superb surroundings accompanied by poor service and mediocre food.
Some one need to take this place and let it realise it's full potential dare one say it need European management .......

1  Thank nick b
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Small portions at ridiculous prices, glass of house wine 300baht! Many hi-so women either looking at smart phones or looking at themselves in their mirrors. Service apparently good for the hi-so's but not for Mr average customer. Not worth a visit.

1  Thank Peter B