All reviews superior room walking street sea view action noise wifi nightlife receptionist maid
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Let me begin by saying I really wanted to like the Jasmine. I read probably 20 reviews before I booked this hotel. I will also say my standards are not very high but must admit I was let down a bit. Maybe my definition of good value/budget hotel are a bit skewed and I need to re-evaluate my level of expection.

I chose the superior + room which is the top of the line 5th floor location. I felt this was high enough up to get somewhat of a break from the Walking street noise. Little did I know a bar down the alley plays music until 6am on weekends. I'm a solid sleep but the pounding of the base was definetly a drawback.

The room is basic indeed and had a fantastic large deck. Clean yes. What you get is two bars of soap, and two bottles of water. The restroom (toilet, shower) is all one unit. No shower door so when you shower the toilet is part of that activity as well. The sink is outside of the restroom.

No hand towel, but two "bath towels" daily. Larger refrigerator which was a bonus. The luggage "rack" in the closet of my unit (506 I believe) has been trashed and the rods to support my carry on bag were all in the bottom of the closet. Not sure if mgmt knew this was the case however.

On my second morning they were pumping sewer from one of the first floor units. The smell was not very welcoming but stuff happens right.

The pool is a large jacuzzi. I didn't see the bar open the two days I was there.

Yes, I realize 1250 baht is a bargain ($40 U.S.) but for another $20 a night I moved down the road a bit. OK, I splurged for a place with a restaurant, large pool, large in door safe, fitness center, and most of all an A/C unit that was quiet and didn't hum all night.

The staff was very nice which was the hardest part about leaving. I guess I'm too old for being so darn close to the pounding of the music, dated A/C, and man, I wanted to like this place a lot. Cheers.

4  Thank supernova72
JasmineHotel1, Owner at Jasmine Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Sir I am very sorry that you were not fully satisfied, Room 506 cupboard has been repaired, and the Aircon is being serviced, Once a year we have to empty to a truck the smaller solid tanks under the store room this we are sorry coincided with your stay,
We have installed inn room safes in every room!
I on behalf of all the staff thank you for your positive comments and for informing us of the air con and the luggage rack condition.
Jasmine Hotel.
Paal S Dinessen.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Hotel Jasmin is in the center of Pattaya which is a lively and busy part of town. I was greeted with open arms from the moment I arrived. All services which you require are readily available and easy to access. There are no added costs whatsoever which actually worked out cheaper than the original quote! ( a fantastic end to any holiday)!! The hotel staff are friendly and helpfull and always make you feel special whenever you walk through the door, a real treat. This is a perfect place to stay if you are looking for a good, solid roof over your head whilst partying the night away on the famous walking street. The central positioning of the hotel gives you access to many activities from the surrounding areas which makes it seem like nothing is more than a stone's throw away.
Thankyou to all the staff at Hotel Jasmin for a memorable holiday. I WILL return. :)

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed in Hotel Jasmine for the third time between 27th April and 1st May (4 nights). As usual it was a pleasant experience. The location is excellent for people who love action/partying. Housekeeping good, a sweet lady who kept the rooms clean. Staff always smiling, soft spoken and polite. Ideal for solo stay and staying with friends who are looking for a budget accommodation near walking street. Personally I will not stay there with family though...only because there is no lobby, the swimming pool is weird and there is no room service. With no joiner fees it is absolutely great for friends. Total Value for money. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to stay in atleast Superior + rooms which as got balconies.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2012

well. this is my 2nd review of the same hotel ya n. just stayed there for 3 days n returned.right from email confirmation to pick up and stay all was spot on and awesome. the cleanliness, close proximity to all attractions, free internet and a secure safe in room and most of all the hospitality what else do u need??? juz a home away from home....thanks jasmine ..way to go

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I recently spent 3 days at the Jasmine Hotel and it was great!!! It's amazingly quiet for being just half a block from the center of the very wild Walking Street. The AC was quiet and efficient. The shower was strong and hot. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. The price was already very reasonable, and as a member of the Hash House Harriers (the drinking club with a running problem) I got a 15% discount. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Try to get 3rd floor or higher.