All reviews superior room walking street sea view action noise wifi nightlife receptionist maid
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have just stayed here for five nights, when I first got here I felt intimidated because it is in an alley way, but I found this hotel to be quite alright for the money, for an old hotel it was clean and tidy, the water pressure in the room was a bit lacking, they cleaned the room every day no problem with theft and I came to like it here. This hotel is located at the epicenter of walking street and in my opinion the location is the very best, there hundreds of restaurants and bars within two minutes walk. This hotel is not five star maybe two star but it is good value for money will stay here next time, good luck

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is hotel felt a bit hidden when we first arrived because you need to go through small lanes in order to reach the hotel. However it is actually situated in the bustling Walking Street. So, if you prefer the crazy and happening night life, this hotel really suits you as you can enjoy free songs from the comfort of your room sang by the pub singer after dark.
The room itself was very spacious and do choose room with balcony as you can enjoy the seaview and the Walking Street night life.
Pay upon check-out. The hotel even let us do early check-in and late check out. Just ask them :)

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony and seaview is great
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Let me begin by saying I really wanted to like the Jasmine. I read probably 20 reviews before I booked this hotel. I will also say my standards are not very high but must admit I was let down a bit. Maybe my definition of good value/budget hotel are a bit skewed and I need to re-evaluate my level of expection.

I chose the superior + room which is the top of the line 5th floor location. I felt this was high enough up to get somewhat of a break from the Walking street noise. Little did I know a bar down the alley plays music until 6am on weekends. I'm a solid sleep but the pounding of the base was definetly a drawback.

The room is basic indeed and had a fantastic large deck. Clean yes. What you get is two bars of soap, and two bottles of water. The restroom (toilet, shower) is all one unit. No shower door so when you shower the toilet is part of that activity as well. The sink is outside of the restroom.

No hand towel, but two "bath towels" daily. Larger refrigerator which was a bonus. The luggage "rack" in the closet of my unit (506 I believe) has been trashed and the rods to support my carry on bag were all in the bottom of the closet. Not sure if mgmt knew this was the case however.

On my second morning they were pumping sewer from one of the first floor units. The smell was not very welcoming but stuff happens right.

The pool is a large jacuzzi. I didn't see the bar open the two days I was there.

Yes, I realize 1250 baht is a bargain ($40 U.S.) but for another $20 a night I moved down the road a bit. OK, I splurged for a place with a restaurant, large pool, large in door safe, fitness center, and most of all an A/C unit that was quiet and didn't hum all night.

The staff was very nice which was the hardest part about leaving. I guess I'm too old for being so darn close to the pounding of the music, dated A/C, and man, I wanted to like this place a lot. Cheers.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank supernova72
JasmineHotel1, Owner at Jasmine Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Sir I am very sorry that you were not fully satisfied, Room 506 cupboard has been repaired, and the Aircon is being serviced, Once a year we have to empty to a truck the smaller solid tanks under the store room this we are sorry coincided with your stay,
We have installed inn room safes in every room!
I on behalf of all the staff thank you for your positive comments and for informing us of the air con and the luggage rack condition.
Jasmine Hotel.
Paal S Dinessen.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Hotel Jasmin is in the center of Pattaya which is a lively and busy part of town. I was greeted with open arms from the moment I arrived. All services which you require are readily available and easy to access. There are no added costs whatsoever which actually worked out cheaper than the original quote! ( a fantastic end to any holiday)!! The hotel staff are friendly and helpfull and always make you feel special whenever you walk through the door, a real treat. This is a perfect place to stay if you are looking for a good, solid roof over your head whilst partying the night away on the famous walking street. The central positioning of the hotel gives you access to many activities from the surrounding areas which makes it seem like nothing is more than a stone's throw away.
Thankyou to all the staff at Hotel Jasmin for a memorable holiday. I WILL return. :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed in Hotel Jasmine for the third time between 27th April and 1st May (4 nights). As usual it was a pleasant experience. The location is excellent for people who love action/partying. Housekeeping good, a sweet lady who kept the rooms clean. Staff always smiling, soft spoken and polite. Ideal for solo stay and staying with friends who are looking for a budget accommodation near walking street. Personally I will not stay there with family though...only because there is no lobby, the swimming pool is weird and there is no room service. With no joiner fees it is absolutely great for friends. Total Value for money. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to stay in atleast Superior + rooms which as got balconies.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends