All reviewssuperior roomwalking streetsea viewactionnoisewifinightlifereceptionistmaid
Reviewed 2 July 2012

As someone who lives in Bangkok I spend the weekend in Pattaya quite often, being a convenient distance to get away from the grind and be next to the sea for a couple of days.

To be honest, my biggest bugbear with Pattaya has always been the hotels. I can either spend a lot on a very nice room (3000 Baht ++) or a more reasonable amount on a terrible room (1000 Baht or less) which usually means a dirty, dilapidated room with the service and atmosphere leaving a lot to be desired.

That being the case, I was pleasantly surprised to find the Jasmine Hotel. Ideally situated just off of the middle of Walking Street and very reasonably priced, I was expecting the same old experience I have had countless times at other establishments. Well, I was wrong! Rooms were very clean, had a little cooking area, ACTUAL CHINA PLATES to eat off of!!, a mini bar (with free water), a TV with loads of English channels, wifi in the rooms, cold and adjustable aircon, a safe for valuables...I could go on! Service was polite and very professional with the staff speaking good English all with the quintessential Thai smile and good humour.

Highly recommended to anyone passing through Pattaya as a great value place to stay and an absolutely fantastic price for what you get, and right in the middle of the action. Truly a breath of fresh air for a weary traveler!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Seb C
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed at the Jasmine recently and enjoyed it greatly. They have a good clientele and there was a group from El Segundo or some such place. These wonderful guys, apart from their flatulence and low morals, were funny companions. Kudos to the staff of the Jasmine who not only dealt with my companions gently but kept the rooms neat and tidy. The hotel is a great value for the money and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Asknforna quiet room in the back. Noise sometimes an issue.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I have stayed at the Jasmine Hotel 3 years in a row now. Four of my friends have also stayed there. We are all on board for life. The benifits, as I see them are, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION, safety/security, great staff/maid, A/C and FAN, TV, Fridge with mini-bar, room safe, free internet in the lobby and some rooms have small decks for smoking or lounging. The prices are the best in the area, and I have checked. Longer stays can result in lower daily rates. The location part of this is that the HOTEL is just 75 meters +/- away from walking street. If you enjoy this section of Pattaya....you can't beat the Jasmine.
I have also used some of their services like taxi or van service to the airport. Always had courteous drivers who were on time and the vehicles were immaculate.
To keep things honest here....the few negatives to staying at the Jasmine are....they do not take Credit Cards. Sometimes the music is loud from walking street and you may want to ask for a quiet room [they do have them]. Finally, there is no restrurant of meal service on site [unless I missed something here....perhaps they send out?]. Another small issue is that the rooms have no phones. Everyone has cells anyway.
Well that is all from me. Can't wait for my next trip. DRG

Room Tip: Lower and East wing rooms are quieter. The west facing rooms on the upper floors have decks and an ocean view [hope to fine a photo]. Most rooms that I have seen have cooking stoves tops and dishes. There are handicapped rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank David G
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear Sir Thank you ever so much for your brilliant, kind and honest review of our Hotel, from all of us, We are purchasing new larger TVs and will also strive to purchase some new furniture in the rooms, Hope you are well and we look forward to seeing you and your friends again sooner rather then later..Happy to meet, sorry to part and happy to meet again...
Paal S. Dinessen
Jasmine Hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I've been staying in this hotel for about a week now, and its everything i've asked for. Great A/C, I was worried about the music but luckily being on the first floor there's enough walls between me and the bar for the music to get drained out. A convenient laundry service for an affordable fee, guaranteed free water every day, towels, soap bars and toilet paper. Not to mention free unsecure wifi, that was a huge bonus as I was able to use my personal laptop for research on Pattaya. For 700 baht, this really is a good deal. The best part about it was the polite and lovely staff, I couldn't help but smile every time I passed by them every day. I never had any problems with them and they helped me with whatever problems I had.

Great value quality rooms and fantastic location!

Room Tip: If you hate noise from a nearby rock bar, choose the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marvin M
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have just stayed here for five nights, when I first got here I felt intimidated because it is in an alley way, but I found this hotel to be quite alright for the money, for an old hotel it was clean and tidy, the water pressure in the room was a bit lacking, they cleaned the room every day no problem with theft and I came to like it here. This hotel is located at the epicenter of walking street and in my opinion the location is the very best, there hundreds of restaurants and bars within two minutes walk. This hotel is not five star maybe two star but it is good value for money will stay here next time, good luck

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends