“Jasmine's my favorite for staying 28+ nights, tied for 1st choice for short stays”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Jasmine Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #148 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2013

- I had a Jasmine Deluxe room 8 Mar - 6 Apr 2013 (and I also had a Deluxe room 8 Mar - 13 Mar 2013 at Sanya Nightstar; it's a long story).
- When I was in Pattaya 9 Jan - 6 Feb 2013 I stayed at Secrets, Jasmine and Topoli (which is now close and will not be missed) because not one property could put me up for the entire time since it was a last minute booking.
- For 28+ nights my top choice: Jasmine
- For < 28 nights: top choice is Jasmine tied with Sanya Nightstar, and Secrets a close second.
- Jasmine has the edge for long term stay because, for example, 28 nights in a Deluxe room is total Thai B(aht) 19,400 which is B 693/night = B 19,400 / 28 nights. In US currency (using $1 = B 30) that's total $647 which is $23/night = $647 / 28 nights.
- For < 28 nights I love Jasmine, Sanya Nightstar and Secrets for different reasons as each place for roughly comparable amenities/rooms is about B 900/night ($30) but have different pros & cons.
- Elevator: Jasmine has one, Secrets & Sanya Nightstar do not
- Room Size: Sanya Nighstar has huge rooms with good balconies (I like room 402 and 302), Jasmine room size is roughly = Secrets room size
- Quietness: I would say Jasmine has the edge because of their unique location on Soi BJ. In Jan - Apr across from Secrets there was construction going on and during the daytime sometimes the noise could be heard from Secrets & Sanya Nighstar. I would hope that the construction is done by Aug 2013 as later this year I will need to book a place for my lodging based on room availability. At night at all 3 properties it's relatively quiet (some Walking Street hotel rooms can be really loud at night because of the surrounding noise/partying).
- Location: Jasmine's location is excellent for nightlife as it's on Soi BJ about half-way down Walking Street (thru-out the night I have go back to my room a few times to do stuff). Secrets & Sanya Nighstar (which are very close to each other) has the edge during the day as it's close to the corner of South Pattaya Road & Second Road so easier for daytime venturing.
- Refrigerator: Jasmine is medium size, Secrets & Sanya Nighstar are small size
- Air-Conditioning/Electricity: Jasmine you could leave your a/c on however long necessary (I turn it off whenever I leave the room), Secrets your room key has to be inserted for electricity and a/c to be On, Sanya Nighstar you pay for whatever electricity you use (if you used 0 electricity, your room would be really cheap).
- Room phone: Secrets & Sanya Nighstar have room phones which you can use to call the receptionist or a guest in another room. Jasmine has no room phone bur for me it's a non-issue as I usually travel solo and I have a Thai cellphone (using my unlocked GSM phone and a B 100 ($3.40) Thai SIM card).
- Little Things: Jasmine each day provides you 2 free small bottles (each bottle about .5 liters = 16 ounces), Secrets each day provides you a fresh small/face towel (in addition to a regular towel), Sanya Nightstar rooms includes a love-seat (great for cuddling with a significant other).
- Insects: I think all 3 properties sometimes gets those tiny ants (it's common at value-priced Thailand accommodations). For mosquitos don't think they're at Secrets nor at Sanya Nightstar but at Jasmine if you have a mosquito problem notify the receptionist and they'll remedy it (move you to a different room, bug spray the mosquito area, whatever).
- Tied: customer service at all 3 (and really at most businesses in Thailand) is great.

Room Tip: - If you have any problem with your room, notify the receptionist immediately. The staff is quick t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Chan L
JasmineHotel1, Owner at Jasmine Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dearest Sir thanks for a brilliant candid review, On a side note we today have installed lower door sweepers on every hotel room door this after a guest mentioned that there was a small crack under one of the doors.

Paal S Dinessen.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Indonesian first
Delhi
Reviewed 30 April 2013

one of the best hotel in pattaya.really nice staff.will go back again there.very close to walking street.best part is that lad over the counter speaks and understands enlgish.also she is very helpful.rooms are cleaned everyday.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The price and location of this place is perfect. It is located on a pretty quiet alley just off the middle of walking street. There is food right in front of the hotel and a one minute walk to all the action of walking street. The room has a ceiling fan and a/c so you will be nice and cool. The hotel is quiet and there is a security guard at the bottom of the hotel. Bringing guest is not a problem and for a fee you can get your laundry done for you. The wifi is excellent and I was able to do my trading and run my business from my laptop and wifi. I used Skype to call the US and local Thai numbers with wifi. I wouldn't choose any other location than this for your stay if you are coming here to party on walking street. It's perfect for men or women looking for fun action. It is clean, safe, convenient, and an overall great deal.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 2mnywmn
Reviewed 4 April 2013

From looking on Tripadvisor and subsequently cancelling a booking on from another hotel further in North Pattaya i took the plunge on the strength of the positive reviews.

From the first booking on their website and recieving a confirmation email. The emails were very pleasant and made you feel like a customer and put you first. So communications. First class and swift.

As promised. They sent me a taxi to pick me up from Bangkok Airport and even though i actually arrived an hour early. As soon as i got to entrance 4. The driver was there waiting for me and he was very friendly and helpful from pick up to the hotel. Faultless.

The reception staff were also very professional and even remembered i also had another booking for my return to Pattaya for songkran. Also the staff were very welcoming and professional.

The room was really good for the price i paid. And had very strong wifi so was happy with that. Also had a nice flat screen tv with HDMI port so could link my phone and watch videos from the phone. Also a good range of channels which is a mixture of Thai, English and Russian.

Room cleaning was done daily and gave fresh towels and bed sheets and did not disturb you at all.

Location of hotel. Soi BJ is a small side road in walking street and close to the main bars and shops. And despite the fact your near to the music etc. It was reasonably quiet and did not disturb my sleep.

So if you want a pearl for the price of an oyster.... This hotel slogan says it all. Thanks to everyone at Jasmine hotel for your hospitality and see you on the 12th April.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank lenchannon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

First let me say that this is quite a nice hotel. My room had very good air con and a fan over the large and comfortable bed. The room also has a 42 inch TV with 68 channels, many of which are in English. The bathroom had a good shower with excellent water pressure. Everything was cleaned daily, the chambermaid never knocked on the door asking to clean the room, just every time I went out if at 9 am or slept late and left at 1pm upon my return the bed was changed and the room cleaned !. The hotels location is not really done justice by its web site. I was expecting a bit of a trek down a dark Soi (small street) just of the busy nightlife of Walking Street. The Soi is actually quite well lit with several food stalls open 24/7 and there are always quite a few people around. From turning into the Soi, which has a large bar playing live music on the corner to the hotel is 50 yards. Despite is very central location I suffered no noise whatsoever in the room. I stayed on the 3rd floor, the rooms on the ground floor are the cheapest and are located along the corridor to the lift. I would avoid these rooms. All the staff were very friendly many with a fair knowledge of English.................. However.................. The hotel offer a discounted rate for stays of 28 days I contacted them and asked what price for 27 as the return flight I had was only 27 days from arrival. They responded quickly and was quoted the 28 nights discounted rate for 27 nights ergo 27/28ths of the rate. Great I thought as they were being flexible I also requested their airport pick up taxi service a rather expensive 1200 or 1250 Baht, again the responded quickly and long story short I was met at Bangkok airport and delivered to the Hotel. Alas upon my arrival the price they quoted had increased !. "No you stay 27 nights not discount must pay daily rate or you pay for 28 nights for discount". I produced a hard copy of THEIR email confirming THEIR quoted price to no avail. So I ended up paying for 28 nights but only had the room for 27. The sole reason for booking 27 nights was so I could use the hotel as a base whilst traveling around Thailand. I went to Phuket for a few days and a few other places as well. I didn't mind paying for the room and not staying as I could leave what I didn't need in it. Its just the principle of being quoted one price and having it increase on arrival. The amount of money is irrelevant the principle is not. As I had already given friends and family the address and contact details of the hotel prior to departure from the UK I made a judgement call to bite the bullet and pay more than they had quoted. In different circumstances I would have refused and walked away. Without the initial (and subsequent) feeling of being ripped off on arrival I would have happily given this hotel the full 5 stars. I would advise anyone wanting to stay in a safe, central and remarkably quiet location in Pattaya they consider this hotel but don't believe any emails they send offering a better price than their website quotes as they will not abide by them. If they had just been honest at the outset this would have been a glowing review, despite what I have said would I stay there again ? the answer is possibly but only for a few nights at the daily rate though so there are no "misunderstandings"

Room Tip: Not the ground floor ! and don't expect a view unless you like brick walls. 3rd floor was very q...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Howard69
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Booked 2 rooms in this place reading TripAdvisor reviews. It is not a hotel nor a motel. It is a hostel. Extremely basic place. Too basic for my liking.
There was a gap under the door big enough for a cat to crawl in.
Once i saw the room i came back right away and told the lady at the front i am leaving. She didn't like that much. She threatened with putting a block on my passport so i couldn't leave the country and all sort of other things.
She ended up charging me for the 2 rooms for a night. Any place worth a dime would be happy to let you go if you are not happy. Not this place.
AVOID.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Toishome
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stayed 2 Nights the end of Feb and the Hotel was pleasant enough.
I arrived in Pattaya at 07.30 and would of been happy enough if they'd just stored my luggage, but they kindly gave me access to my Room.
It's not the Hilton but at 750 Baht, extremely good value. Great Position just nestled off Walking Street.
The Ladies behind the Desk were awesome!
Definately stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo