“AMAZING HOTEL!!!”

Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya
Ranked #12 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a week in the centara grand mirage

Wow what a truly amazing hotel! I read a few negative things on trip advisor before I arrived at the centara mirage and they all turned out to be untrue.

There are to many positives to list but I will try to list a few

The swimming pool is fantastic, I was there for 8 days and still didn't have time to use every pool.

Food in hotel is not cheap but is worth the money! A nice selection of Thai and Western food

Majority of the staff are really friendly and forthcoming to helping you with whatever you may need. In this I need to mention that the staff in inside bar that we frequented at night were fantastic!

Free wifi throughout the hotel and in room! The signal is fantastic also better than any other hotel I have been to.

The only negative point I have is that the pool side service was a little slow and some of the male pool side bar staff where not very friendly.

Otherwise this hotel is the best I have ever been to! And I have been to some amazing hotels.

Thank you for an amazing time, I will be returning in September.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
eamroom, Manager at Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Jcarr0,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience at Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya and for highly rating our products and services for their excellent quality- I’m glad the team was able to take care of all your needs.

We are truly grateful for your recommendation and patronage and look forward to having you at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was my second time at this hotel, I came back specifically for the pools.
What sets this hotel apart are the pools, with the lazy river and water slides. Although not as good as a dedicated water park, the pools are more fun than any other hotels I know, and my kids had a great time so mission accomplished.
However, everything else is just ok, what you expect from an Asian 5* hotel. Service always good and polite, but not special. Cost of breakfast if not included in your room rate, I thought was exorbitant, and not especially good quality, just your average hotel breakfast.
Since the room rate only included breakfast for 2, I would have had to pay extra for my kids and it was long way from being worth the expense.
For this stay I booked a suite, and although on their website they claimed to sleep unto 3 adults and 2 children, the suite only had one bed so no way that was going to work. When booking the room picture showed 2 large beds so I was disappointed to find there was only one. They did offer us 2 extra beds for no extra cost but still, it was not what I expected.
Booking a suite entitled us to some special treatment, like virtually all day snack food, but again for only 2 people so the kids are left out unless again we paid the exorbitant supplement. Check in was a little special, but only a little.
I will likely come back to this hotel, because my kids loved it. The pool is special, everything else, not really.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
eamroom, Manager at Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Kwiptix

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed that the room type you booked was not available at your time of check-in. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to be working on how to handle reservation requests moving forward. In addition, for breakfast quality. Our kitchen team are working to make it better as we strive to make the best experience to our guest. We hope that we could have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We are there during the Easter break, I can say that this hotel is a great place for family and friends. The services there are great, staffs are friendly and helpful. My special thanks to Ms Khwan, Ms Bill and Ms Chacha from the club lounge and Chef Alberto Bruni @ Acqua for their hospitality to make us feel warm and welcome. We have really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jimmyw

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort, Pattaya!

We are delighted to know that you had a great stay with us. We are glad that the services delivered by the team members have exceeded your expectation . Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers .There’s nothing more satisfying for us to know, that you have left with a smile and we eagerly await your return.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Spent one night there during Songkran. Restaurants were filled up with people stuck in the hotel because of mid-day rain. We were at the busy OASIS restaurant and waited by one tired and moody waiter. Feeling offended, we were thus about to leave the restaurant. Then a hospitable ARAM took over that guy and tried to make up for the emotional damage. We were comforted by his smiles, his caring voice, and his attention. We left the restaurant feeling so pampered. For Grand Mirage, he is truly a valuable staff.

Dear SasinN

We are delighted to know that you had a great stay with us. We are glad that the services delivered by Aram have exceeded your expectation . There’s nothing more satisfying for us to know, that you have left with a smile and we eagerly await your return.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Overall this hotel is overpriced when compared to the experience. Very pleasant staff but everything required during your stay will cost you. Using the elevators is like being in a sauna, as the passageways and elevator foyers as you traverse from room to lobby is outside and there are no fans or natural air circulation and this is made worse by the wait that you will endure prior to the elevator arriving at your floor.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Heath79

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a “Perfect Holiday” experience for all of our guests, reason why it saddens us to read that we did not meet your expectations with some points. We hope this unfortunate experience will not deter you from staying with us once again .

Appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back next visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed over the Easter break at this hotel 2 adults and 2 young children. From the check in moment (had a Club room treatment so refresments were brought over while the paperwork was ready - did nothing but wait for 10 min while seated with a view) to the final check out the service was perfect. Special thanks to the Front office manager-her name started with an S, who helped us arrange last minute transportation to the airport. The water park is great entairtainment for all ages, there are food options for every palate, and the family residence is amazing value for money. Will certainly come back.

Room Tip: The family residence is huge, bedroom, large living area and a small bedroom with bunk beds for kids
1  Thank guilin1873
eamroom, Manager at Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear guilin1873

Thank you for the review. Your experience with an exceptional service overall is a great example that we can share with the others and I appreciate you taking the time to share with us. Suranchana, Front Office Manager is a true asset to our hotel and I will make sure to recognize her excellent service! I would like to thank you again for your compliments and we hope you will consider Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort again on your next occasion to Pattaya.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I went to the Grand Mirage first time. My friends and children love it. I can say it is a great place for family and also friends. Staffs were very helpful and polite. The room was clean and the breakfast were brilliant. It will be my first choice to visit in the next visit Thailand.

Dear WOW20142014

I would like to thank you for your review about Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments and we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort when you come back to Pattaya.