“Awesome place to spend a holiday with family with all facilities.”

Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya
Ranked #12 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I booked this hotel for a weekend holiday with my family. I liked this place alot because of its amazing ambiance, private beach, spa and leisure, fitness etc. The rooms there were very nice and well maintained, restaurant serving good and fresh foods make life more good.

The kids also enjoyed as they had many things to do , few of the events which were held by hotel specially for kids.

I would be there next time also when i have to make a weekend trip just for relaxing, its really a nice quite place , far from the rush of the city .

My family had a great time there such an pleasant place !!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 June 2010

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at this hotel, there are not enouigh adjectives to describe this resort, When we arrived after a long flight from Manchester we were greeted with happy smiling faces from the bellboys, the reception staff, staff that brought us a welcoming drink while we checked in which went without a hitch and the staff who brought our luggage to our room. We arranged the free cash bonus when checking in with no problems, although we had read on some reviews that this hadn't been offered, there are laminated leaflets at each check in position at the hotel explaining what the deal is and explaining what you will get if you accept it.
We had upgraded our room so we were on a higher floor,but this proved to be unnecessary as the view from all the rooms was magnificant, we quickly became to look upon our room as home and the staff were wonderful delivering ice every evening after only requesting it once, the turn down facility each evening leaving a beautiful little orchid on each bed. We ate at several of the restaurants in the hotel and the food was different in each but absolutely delicious with the service being what is expected of 5 * accommodation. There were some grumbles about the prices but when you considered you were only paying for 2/3 of the price then they were no more expensive than some of the bars on the road.
Being Thailand virgins the staff were most helpful in guiding us to where we wanted to go, although it took other English people who had been there before to give us the low down on the tuck tucks and tipping etc.
For those going for the first time to Thailand, the average tip is 20 baht, for our driver from Bangkok Airport the tip should be about 100 baht as they have to make a return trip. Also if you are beeped by a tuck tuck it is 10 baht, but this will follow a specific route and could only get you close to your hotel, if you want to go straight to your hotel you will need to negotiate but do not pay more than 150 baht, walk away and get another tuck tuck or taxi.
If you want to go for a massage, come out of the hotel main gate, turn right and walk to the end of the road, turn left and about 100 yards down on the right hand side is the most special massage parlour. There are no girls outside encouraging you in and no big price list publishing what is on offer, but when you enter it is so calm and serene that the fact that you are paying a little more doesn't seem to matter.

All in all this has been one of those holidays that you will look back on for many years as one of the highlights of your visit to another country and this in no small part is due to the hotel. We would have no hesitation in recommending the Grand Mirage Resort to anyone, although to receommend Thailand is not something we would do as we can see that it would not be for everyone. We will be looking at other Centara hotels throughout the world as, if this is the standard of these hotels we doubt we would be disappointed in any of them.

Just to add, the breakfast at Grand Mirage is something else, we've spent 2 weeks eating lovely cooked thai meats and rices along with English breakfast, cereal and continental breakfasts each morning and as much as we've wanted.
We are really envious of people who have this holiday booked or about to book it. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.
Jim and Helen Morgan

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank helennjim
Reviewed 2 June 2010

we have just returned home after a wonderful 2weeks at this hotel, the staff cant do enough 4 you and the place is spotless and the rooms are great, we had fresh fruit in our room everyday aswell as bottled water. things inside the hotel were a bit pricey but if you can be bothered to take a stroll there is a 7-11 across the road and several places to eat, if you go onto the beach and walk to your right for a short while you will come to a nice little beach resturant i reccomend the chicken curry. if you want a good place for an evening meal i would recomend the hindelberg restraunt if you turn right outside the main entrance and walk to the end of the street and turn left you will see the place on the left hand side. if you feel like venturing further jump on a bart bus they all go down the beach rd and are a lot cheaper than taxis as they are only 10 baht.
I went playing golf while i was there it was fantastic, i got hooked up with a golf society at lewiinskis bar, the address if you want to play is soi 13-3 about 5 streets before walking st, ask for colin davis all the lads are ok and made me feel welcome, the golf is subsidised plus you get transport cheap aswell.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank georgre
Reviewed 1 June 2010

CENTARA GRAND MIRAGE PATTAYA

This is a great hotel and will attract many with young children who will have great fun in the water park.

The rooms are well furnished and the staff are polite and helpful. I experienced a little more difficulty making myself understood than I have done in other hotels of this calibre, but I understand that this is being attended to with the arrival of a language coach in the next week or so.

The upgrade to a Grand Mirage room wasn’t really worth the extra. The room sizes are very similar, and the snacks ect that are served in the Grand Mirage lounge are quickly snatched up by “others” from places where manners have yet to be invented.

The Food served in the restaurants was excellent and of a very high standard and the steakhouse in particular is superb. However the prices are very, very, high for the area, they would even seem high for London. Even if it is a 5 Star Hotel.

The Hotel and its restaurants are without doubt 5 star quality but its location is not. It is so easy for visitors to leave the hotel and get a good quality meal and drinks in one of the many restaurants and bars situated within a short walk from the hotel, all for less than a quarter of the price that the hotel charges.

Sadly this is something many people do resulting in a Ghost Town atmosphere in the hotel at night.

The entertainment in the evening is an area that needs s improvement, especially for children. As one mother told me while her children were upstairs watching TV. At this price you would expect a little more to be laid on for the youngsters in the evening. They can stay home and watch TV anytime.

The Hotel’s water parks are great for children but at night there is nothing for them to do. Pattaya is ok for adults but not really to be recommended for children.

For peace and quiet go and stay at the Royal Cliff Hotel. For a great time it has to be The Centara Grand Mirage although sometimes you do feel that you’re staying in the middle of a water park. (There are very few quiet spots at this hotel.) we had a great time here and will probably return again next year.

Geoffrw

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geoff210
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Stayed there for 4 nights , Very beautiful hotel with a warm and welcoming atmosphere ,although I have seen much friendlier staff in other hotels in thailand .
rooms are bright and new with good amneties ,House kkeping is good but not perfect .
The breakfast wasn't impressive and they didn't give good service after 10 am.
The pool area is ok ,very beautiful but the pool temp is so warm it wouldn't get the heat off .I really think they should do something about it.
I had dinner at the Italian resturant ,good food and drinks but a little overpriced .
Location is the downside ,although the hotel has its own private beach but it is a bit isolated and transport to the hotspots could be a little expensive.
If I ever go back to Pattaya my choices for accomodation will be:1. Centara Grand Mirage ,2.Marriot ,3.Amari Orchid ,the last two have better location .Marriot is a bit overpriced but the location is Ideal.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

From the moment you enter the hotel its got that WOW feeling! It’s a gorgeous hotel!!! We were checked in straight away, no 45 minute wait as stated by other reviews. The staff at reception were all fantastic and their service couldn’t be better. We were checked in by the Russian lady who was also great. The room was perfect, we stayed in the premium deluxe room on the 18th floor. Bed is of a big size, room was big enough and again, looked superb. There were two drawbacks, 1/ there is no mirror over the basin making it very difficult to shave and 2/ the funniest thing was that there was a rain shower located above the bath tub, but we couldn’t figure out how to turn it on, we call reception and they say that it doesn’t work and is there for show purposes only. Why that was done is beyond me! We had a good laugh about it though as did the person at reception. We often ordered food from outside the hotel and that was no problem. The rooms were always made up, clean and efficiently. The views from the hotel are also great as they overlook the bay. There has been a lot of mention in the other reviews about the rude Russian Tourists. Yes, the place is full of Russians, however, I didn’t find them rude. They didn’t talk to me, I didn’t talk to them which was fine by me as we weren’t there to make friends, they went about their business as we went about ours. They were fine. Also, it was my birthday during our stay, after dinner, upon returning to my room I found a birthday cake on the table with Happy Birthday and my name on there, I cant tell you my surprise when this was there as I certainly didn’t expect it. It was a great feeling thinking that the hotel had gone to such effort for me. Honestly, I cant say enough good things about this place, I have often been to Pattaya on holidays and this was the best one alot of the good things being due to this hotel. Loved the place, loved the ambience, loved the pool and loved the staff. Seriously, if you are going to Pattaya stay at this place. I went with my girlfriend and had the best time there, kids would love it there too as they can play in the pool all day, its heaven for them and families. If you are looking to go to Walking St a lot, there are taxis right out the front of the hotel all the time and about 200 Baht will get you to Walking St or about 150 Baht to Central Festival. Enjoy the Centara, I know I did.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2010

Before coming to this resort i read all the reviews most good some bad. Take it from me i have traveled the world and this resort is up their with the best of them.The rooms are very clean well equipped and of a good size. The staff are very friendly and willing to help.The facility's are world class,The food is good with a large range of eatery's through out the resort.The pools are first class with some thing for every one from family's with small children to couples like myself. This resort caters for every one. A word of advise to the nit pickers and the people that expect to get thing done at the snap of a finger. Stay home because you will not be happy anywhere

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple