“Great stay but bad ending”
Review of August Suites

August Suites
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 weeks, it was a very nice hotel, very clean and great sauna. The rooms were excellent as always in Asia and I would have been more than happy to stay again.

However on check out the hotel tried to bill me for a damaged towel ($20) now I know for a fact I had not damaged any towels and they would not show me the towel as it had been thrown out, what I think had happened was either the maid got the room wrong or I had taken one of the old sauna towels back to the room and the maid may have thought I had damaged the crisp white towels. Anyhow I didn't damage any towel and refused to pay point blank. The manager got kind of angry and said his staff would have to pay, guess what I don't care I told him, if I damage something I pay and I hadn't. May have been a misunderstanding but it was not dealt with well at all. I would not stay again, and nor would my 3 friends who stayed at same time, I hope the towel scam was worth it.

Probably worth mentioning a known scam in Thailand is to say you damaged sheets or a towel in some hotels, its easy extra money at the end of your stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Connor25

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Nice modern new hotel and very clean.In central and convenient location but quiet.Very good the air conditioning system of the room.Booking made directly online very fast, the hotel staff very kind and willing. I did not eat and I did not use the pool so I do not know about.One only flaw: I wanted to extend my vacation a few days but the hotel was fully booked and I asked 2 times on two consecutive days if they could find me a room but the answer was always the same” we don’t have rooms” so I decided to move to another hotel ,then one my friend told me that the hotel april suites attached to august suites was of the same property so I asked at my reception if they had vacancy in their april suites and they said me yes but previously none never told me.Apart from this I had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alexsandro
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My first trip to Thailand and Pattaya. I found the hotel to be clean, spacious and with great staff. Beds where a bit hard for my liking but that is the hotels only downfall. It is very close to beach, shops and restaurants. And for only 10baht you can hope on the local mini bus transport to go further afield...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed for 10 nights in march with my sister and baby. The staff could not do enough and would always have a big smile on their faces they really went above and beyond what was required of them. No noise for us but I guess than can depend on what room your in but the hotel is set back from the road. I suppose a room change would usually sort the problem but as the previous reviewer said the hotel was full as it was when we stayed its popular. Great location for baht buses supermarkets shops and bars. Rooms lovely and modern huge bed , kettle, no iron though but I didn't ask for one maybe if I'd of asked I could of got one . Rooms cleaned daily to a great standard . Pool lovely loungers and tables all new and pristine ,towels provided reasonable prices at pool bar 50 baht for a beer so not your usual rip off prices in a hotel bar . Overall great stay wouldn't hesitate to recommend and would love to stay again thanks for a lovely stay to all the staff who were lovely with my baby :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank iloveholidaysWigan
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I booked this hotel with a friend for 7 nights but we only stayed for 2 nights. The room we were in was over a bar or club that played music till 4 in the morning every night! We did try to change rooms but the hotel was full.
Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the pool side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Me212014
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel was recommended by a friend and we were very grateful to him !

It really is a very very clean, laid back, centrally located hotel in Pattaya, with good clientele, off the main street so traffic noise was not an issue. The lobby is immaculate, the staff are exceptional and the manager, PAUL helped us out no end when our holiday was extended. He went out of his way to book another hotel for one night and even ordered us a taxi free of charge to take our bags less than 300 motres away ! The cleanliness of the hotel is breathtaking. The lobby flor is constantly under a polishing mop as are the windows. The breakfast as someone stated is limited. It is not a buffet, consisting of either eggs, omelets etc but we opted for the Thai breakfast of stir fried pork in chilli and basil etc . The chef is magnificent as we ate at the poolside numerous times at a very reasonable price, even cheaper than the restaurants. The Thai Green curry is to die for ! The wi fi worked really well. The gym was well equipped and quiet. The sauna I used frequently was always clean and hot.

The rooms are enormous with large televisions. The showers are double sized and have excellent hot water flow. Air conditioning is brilliant. The only negative was no power point next to the bed but that's just because I am a phone addict ha ha !

The sister hotel to August suites is about 30 seconds away and it is called April Suites. We went to see this hotel too and can confirm it is just as good as August suites but the rooms are not quite as large but identical in every other way.

In my view, unless you are a millionaire and can afford the expensive luxury it is not worth looking elsewhere than these hotels are they are magnificent. As you can guess, I will be going back here unless fully booked next year.

Thank you Paul and all your staff for a wonderful stay.

Regards from the two mad Welsh guys, Dave and Aled !

Room Tip: At the rear of the hotel there is maybe some noise from the var area below. If you can get a room at...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2014

poor check in service, no lights on in the hotel lobby so it gives a dark soulless welcoming, having 4 breakfast options 1 western the rest asian, they decided it would be a good idea to use fly spray during breakfast, why, i have no idea?
they have a kettle in the room but no tea or coffee supplies, massive fridge, huge fat T.V, no hot water for one hole day, more of a 3 star hotel than boutique
couldnt get a taxi ordered from front desk as they have there own cars so had to walk out and hale one, its a lot cheaper than using the hotels cars
had to wait for a room check on departing, good idea i guess... expect i realised latter id left my swim shorts in the bathroom so it seemed like a pointless process and a waste of time standing at reception

all in all i would not stay here again and i cant understand how the rest of the reviews for this hotel are so promising also zero atmosphere throughout the hotel

Room Tip: dont do it unless you like boring hotels
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo