“Excellent value for money, too bad for some rude staff members though...”
Review of August Suites

August Suites
Ghent, Belgium
“Excellent value for money, too bad for some rude staff members though...”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at August Suites in February 2014 for 4 nights. Although I hated everything about Pattaya and would never go back again (I needed to find a last minute substitute for Bangkok and thought Pattaya wouldn't be that bad - well, it is... ;-)), this hotel was a very good choice.

The location is perfect: very central, but in a quiet alley. About 5 min walk to the beach (and 5 seconds to a lovely night market with delicious food! :-))
At night you could hear some noise from the bars in the area (my room was at the back of the building), but only with the windows open, so I really didn't mind.

My room was very comfortable (I even got a nice upgrade! :-)) and kept very clean.

The hotel has a nice relaxing pool area, breakfast was OK too.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 rating, is because of the service: some staff members are really nice, others totally indifferent and even rude.
One waiter at breakfast managed not to respond even once to my good mornings and thank you's in the 5 days I spent there (!), and nearly threw my breakfast on the table.

A lady at the reception refused to call a local travel agency for me to book my transfer. After nearly begging her several times to please help me because I needed to catch a boat the next day, she finally dialed the number and handed over the phone to me (eye rolling included), refusing to do the talking herself. Thankfully the travel agent spoke English, so it wasn't an issue, but wasn't really an example of good customer service imho...

Such a pity, because with a better staff overall, this hotel would definitaly be the best choice in Pattaya in its price range!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 66Helene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at the August suites for three nights mid February 14, lovely clean modern hotel in a central location and just 5 mins from the beach ! hotel is tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac just 1 minute from the cross roads junction of second road and central road.
At check in I got a free upgrade to a suit which was a nice surprise, the only fault with the room was the location which was at the back of the hotel with ugly views of neighbouring roof tops.
Breakfast was OK but not great which is the same in most Thai hotels unless you are staying 5 star, If your looking for a decent English cooked breakfast I recommend you stay room only and eat out somewhere run by an ex pat, shouldn't be to hard to find in Pattaya.
I wasn't happy with getting charged for extra coffee at breakfast I thought this was stingy!
Central road just outside the hotel comes alive at night time with street vendors selling delicious Thai food so I didn't need to use the hotel restaurant .
Hotel is guest friendly with nice staff and in a good central location, nice pool on the first floor which wasn't to busy.

Room Tip: Pools rooms have the best view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank lpool63
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here, our visit was only for a few days, but again we enjoyed our stay. The staff are always friendly and smiling. We arrived at 3am and our check in was smooth and quick. We had a standard room, which is quite spacious, and cleaned well. We had a hair dryer, TV, security box, and decent size fridge in our room. We didn't have any tea or coffee making facilities. Bed was a little bit hard - but that is the standard in Thailand. The hotel is located in a great spot - close enough to everything. We had a street side room, which you could hear the bars if you were out on your balcony - but once inside it was very quiet. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LiseCh
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had booked April Suites, but they were full and they accommodated us in August Suites. The rooms were good sized and had all basic amenities. Hotel was walking distance to most places of interest in Pattaya.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EeshDewan
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Located on central road just above the corner with second road , by walking you can reach the festival mall in less than ten minutes. The rooms are basic but good, walkin in shower with variations in temperatures but ok, nice swimming pool but the bed was very hard

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Adilson B
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here from 9th - 11th April ,The hotel is maintained well and the location is good . The rooms are quite spacious ,all the rooms have balcony , some are pool facing but ours was not. Room had a mini refrigerator ,The tea/coffee maker was missing though,which was mentioned in the website as a standard facility. Pool and area around it is good and well maintained.
The most disappointing things here were the reception staff and the breakfast. The receptionists and other staff never ever smiled and were wooden faced . The travel desk is not competent , they could not book our trip , had to book the coral island trip from outside . And lastly the breakfast was a set one(without choice for vegetarians) in which we did not have the meats as we are vegetarians, so we asked for 2 extra slices of bread and the waiter was about to charge for the same for which we negotiated and waived it off.
I hope the management looks into these aspects .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed at August Suites for only one night, would have loved to stay longer but they were booked out, I can understand why they were booked out.
What a nice place, great pool area, which I spent hours there eating and drinking.
The room was great, really could not have asked for more.
If you need a nice place to stay, stay there, as it will if I get the chance to return to Thailand.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo