“Value for money - just!”

Riviera Resort Pattaya
Ranked #308 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Overall this hotel/resort is a pleasant place to stay provided you want to be away from the rough and tumble of Beach Rd and nearby which is inconvenient to reach. The gardens and pool area are lovely, the staff are pleasant and helpful when they can understand what you are talking about in Englishand. The menu and drinks are very reasonably priced. The Executive Suite which I stayed in was OK ,somewhat dated but the furnishings and bedding was good. The big downfall was the toilet, bathroom and shower. It gave the appearance of being dirty and uncared for. Regular maintenance seems to be neglected; for example the airconditioner struggled against the heat and a quick investigation revealed that the filters had not been cleaned for years. Overall this resort is satisfactory, somewhat dated but just OK and only just reasonable value. Those fussy about their bathroom/toilet should keep away.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Riviera Resort Pattaya

Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Righty then. I loved this place. The rooms are a bit retro but they are clean and made up daily. I stayed on ground floor chalet opposite bar. Shower sufficient and air con working fine. TV good, plenty of channels for those chill nights in. I think I was the only English guy there. More German and Russian resort but didnt bother me. Generally a friendly bunch of guests during my stay. The staff were very friendly regardless of day or night. Their English not too hot but good enough... I'm not looking for deep conversation so ordering food and saying hello etc is no probs. same anywhere really. The pool is absolutely lovely, there was always a spot available during my stay and plenty of tables n chairs dotted round too. The hotel food was great too, I only eat the Thai food anyway and found it more than satisfying. You can laze round the pool and have food and drink brought over to you. The service was great and always with a smile. wi-fi available nearly all over and plenty fast enough. Would definitely go back. Solo traveller

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank whooshbang
Reviewed 12 November 2012

very good french place in pattaya, clean and affordable, nothing to compare with windy inn in walking street another french place dirty, noisy and discusting and unpolied hotel, i wrote a review on it which was never published.
better to stay in riviera resort, near the beach and more quiet place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2012

we had tough time communicating with this Hotel staff as they hardly understood/spoke English. Hotel staff showed us a room, we were not very happy with room (It was very clean, but not posh/luxury as seen in photos). We asked him to show much superior room, he took us to 4th floor(No Elevator). We realised its same kind of room with only tiny water tub as difference.(That restroom is tooo small to have tub i would say). We decided to take the first room as it dint made sense to pay more, and climb 4 floors, just for extra tiny tub. It was around 10:45am, when we finally checked in. We took shower and took rest for couple of hours. But next day we were happy when we saw less crowd in Swimming pool. Over all i could rate it as 1/2 star hotel. But yes its clean enough....

Click here to READ MORE

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stay pattaya long term and I have found this place for a friend coming from bangkok for the weekend.
This place got a great potential but the staff is really not friendly at the reception (the man at bar near the pool is very ok, tho).
The food was not so good for the price. better go outside to the nearest restaurant at corner with Naklua Rd. but it is annoing if u want to relax at the pool and eat.
They told me when I reserved the room (standard) they they should give me one at 1st floor but when my friend check in(before me) they told her that at 1st floor was only exsecutive so we got at 4th floor without elevator.
They also found an excuse not to show me the room when I have reserved cause they have a eletronic sistem that not aloud to open the door, but actually the door it open with a normal key. This kind of sneaky behavior is a way to lie ( I think the lady was the manager).

The room was silent but the air condition not have the remote..so you have to be lucky to find the right temperature before u sleep.
The room was clean but very old style like the forniture quite old and much used. same for the buildings.
People from outside (non guests) can use the pool for 100THB but the daytime unfriendly guy at reception asked firmly 200 bath. this is a mistry that still to be solved.

The Garden is very nice so the pool tho I counted only 6 sunbeds... not sufficient for all guest.
the beach is quite far so better you rent a bike nearby. I suggest Nattaya shop on main Naklua rd..right side.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2011

A nice clean hotel with a beautiful swimming pool. Though a little far away from the main beach road, a place which is priced comfortably for the services provided. Will definitely recommend this place for all.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank VarunChitnavis
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I stayed at the Riviera Resort in January 2010. I stayed in an executive room. The room was satisfactory. The style of the room was a bit old fashioned and had a colonial look. The furniture was a little bit old. But the price was good.

I chose the Riviera Resort because the lush green gardens shown on their website. I was not disappointed. The garden is very nice. The hotel is also very quiet and peaceful.

The only disapointment was that there was no internet available in the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo