“Nova Gold Pattaya/ Great Value Great Service”
Review of Nova Gold Hotel

Nova Gold Hotel
Ranked #61 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Houston, Texas
“Nova Gold Pattaya/ Great Value Great Service”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed at the nova gold in July for about 10 days. I was tired of being in the Patong Rain so i headed East for a day or two......needless to say turned into a great place I didnt want to leave.

Location : yes its a little bit off the grid in however the hotel offers you complimentary transportation to 2nd St which is the main strip . It really not that far from anything. if you walk down Soi 6 1/2 you will make it to Beach Ave / Ocean Dr i dont remember the name... in 10 mins walk ... Theres a jamesons adjacent to the building ATM, Family marts, 7-11 and plenty of taxis nearby and this great little noodle cart across the street

Food: My only con was the food....No food served in hotel / it was kind of inconvenient to be transferred to a nearby Amari Nova Suite to eat breakfast. It was nothing spectacular and a bit pricy. But it is what it is. I go eat down soi 7 or soi 8 for breakfast .

Hotel- Staff was very nice to me and loved rating all my new Gf's :P :P on who was cuter than the other lol . I was never hassled about me being a man on holiday If you know what I mean.. they just sign the book --- case closed! ... They didnt even kick me out of my room when I was booking my room late. they just kept telling me have your booking complete by 11AM ... oK I think i honestly drove them nuts lol

Rooms- Rooms were always cleaned in midday and bathroom was more than par . a real value for what you're paying $31 usd per night. Well worth it. lol this is funny --- Men ---double check the door locks..they are tricky and if you are not paying attention you might not realize they are not locked and everyone can hear your business ....lol how embarrassing.... they have funky key locks with wireless keycards ...all I can say is verify you closed your door ....Nice balcony, nice hardwoods and marble in bathrooms. very spacious.

Recommendations: I highly recommend you to stay in this hotel. .It has free internet ,nice Gym and pool is very nice and private . Beautiful Lobby... If you google map the location it is wrong... Just tell your taxi driver / motorbike driver to take you to Soi 4 / near jameson... they will know.
I will definitely return A++++++

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
4 Thank TheRealKingDavid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
edinburgh
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here a few times rooms are nice, staff friendly and helpful, free computer in the room, swimming pool is nice but shaded, good to have Jameison's next door for good food and a great atmosphere - overall all Nova hotels are top quality and kept to a very high standard, Spoiled me for staying anywhere else - is not far from beach etc, they have a shuttle service that takes you to the nearest point for getting places.

Room Tip: Executive Rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janis12
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Its the second time for me to stay here and always found it satisfactory for what you need. Customer Service fluctuated from different staff, hotel is clean, rooms are great, housekeeping is very good. Excellent value for money if you ask me. However the swimming pool is not the best for anyone wanting to get a suntan. Local transport is available outside the hotel very easily. Recommended for solo travelers.

5 Thank Andrew B
El Perello, Spain
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This was the second time that I stayed at Nova Gold Hotel in Pattaya. The Hotel staff did not disappoint me. They handled my transportation from the airport to the hotel door and from the hotel door to the airport gate. I had a great time in Pattaya and spent a good amount of time sleeping in. The room attendants were very patient with me and kept my room very clean all the time. The staff is what makes this Hotel a great pick. The place was full all the time and the the lobby was empty all the time. One young lady that worked at the front desk by the name of Patcharee Nirat made sure that I was comfortable by ordering me food from all around Pattaya to include Mac Donalds. "Great Hotel"

Room Tip: "Great views from the corner rooms 6,7and 8 floors"
2 Thank plaherspla1
London
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I am currently staying at the hotel, I will have been here for a total of 9 days so I feel that I am fairly well acquainted with the place to write an objective review.
My room was clean, modern, comfortable and well laid out and the inclusion of a desk top computer and flat screen LCD TV were nice touches. Room also had a safe which I consider to be a basic neccessity when travelling away from home. The hotel staff were always very helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble for them, whenever I asked for help. The room was cleaned each day to a very high standard, and the bathroom is nicely arranged with a large walk in shower that could easily accomodate two people.
The hotel is situated in a quiet area so there is no noise at night from bars or nightclubs, I read one post about the rooms smelling of sewage but my room had no bad smells at all, the only smell was freshly laundered towel and bed linen.
Overall I was extremely happy with the standards BUT there are some negative points about the hotel which I have mentioned below:.

Swimming pool
This is small but perfectly adequate. My only disappointment with the pool is that it is completely under cover, so that it is virtually impossible to lie out in the sun by the pool side. However guests at the hotel can use the facilities of the sister hotel about 5 minutes walk away at the Amari Nova Suites. This hotel has a large pool on the 8th floor, that is also perfect for sun bathing.

Breakfast
Again requires a short 5 minute walk to the sister hotel. Breakast was adequate without being sumptuous. Chef will cook fresh eggs and bacon to order in addition to the foods and cereals laid out. My poached eggs on toast were cooked to perfection every day.

Location
It is a good 15-20 minute walk to the beach (or beach road) and much further if you want to go to walking street. However I hired a motorcycle (just around the corner from the hotel) for about 175 baht per day, so I had no issues with transport. There are lots of bars within walking distance.

Elevator
OK this is just a minor point but one worth mentioning. There is only one elevator for the whole of the hotel and it is painfully and frustratingly slow.

In room desk top computer
Ok another minor point but one that bothered me. The computer in the room was great when the connection was fast but there were more than a few days where it was painfully slow and I ended up leaving and going to a net cafe. At the moment it is working well and I have no complaints. The desk on which the computer is situated (at least in my room) is actually like a vanity table with drawers. It makes it difficult to sit at the desk without catching your knees on the bottom of the drawers.

Gym
This was one of my reasons for choosing the hotel, the fact that it was equipped with a gym. Well if you are a serious gym user forget this facility altogether it is less than adequate. There is one multi purpose weights machine that has seen better days and was actually out of order when I arrived. A few (light) loose weights and a couple of basic cardio machines. I actually went to a 5 star hotel and paid 3000 baht to join their gym for a week as it gave me the kind of facilities and equipment I needed. However without my motorcycle it would have been hard work walking there and back each day.

OK I guess it is easy to find fault with any hotel, I just wanted to give an all round accurate picture, both good and bad points. The bad points were not enough to make me want to check out and change hotels, however I would think twice about staying here again in the future.

15 Thank Morteeman
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 12 June 2012

First of all I was very anxious before I made my reservation to Nova Gold. The photos of the hotel seemed very luxurious and the rate was very low. Therefore, I was thinking that I would be facing some toubles when I arrived to the hotel. However, this was not the case. The check-in was very quick. Ladies on the reception knew everything about my reservation and actually, I spent only 5 min for reservation process. Superior Room I stayed was very spacious and newly decorated (the hotel was newly built, in fact). Everything was new and modern. There was a warm welcoming message on my bed which impressed me. There was also a safe in room. The bed was very comfortable and big (king size) the only negative thing about the bed was it was not fixed on the floor so when you move on the bed while sleeping, the bed was moving. Rather than this, the room had 32" Samsung LCD with wide variety of both international and Thai channells. Air-con was very well working. The most impressive thing was there was a desktop computer with an Internet access inside the room. I used internet everytime I needed. The connections was not stable but it was on average. Bathroom was very spacious. Water pressure was enough to have a hot shower. Also the room had a small balcony with two armchairs which was a plus for me since I smoked on the balcony. I did not use pool. But as far as I saw, the pool was a little bit small. Location of the hotel could be a negative point for those who dont want to walk a little bit to Beach road and 2nd road. There is a Family Mart just next to the hotel, you can get everything you need from there. Cleaning lady just came on the same time everyday and cleaned the room. Overall, I was very impressed from the service I received from Nova Gold. Staff were good and smiling everytime, rooms were spacious and newly build with everyting you need. Only negative point is the bed constancy, small pool and maybe location.

Room Tip: Check all available platforms before your reservation, since sometimes hotel's website could off...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ismlunal
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I've stayed here 3 times now and for the price this is my favorite hotel room in Asia. The room has all the comforts - flat screen TV, stacks of cable channels, DVD player, computer, internet (decent speed) and a very comfortable bed. The shower is awesome with 2 shower heads, one being a large rainwater shower head. The rooms are large so it can take a while for the aircon to have an effect, but it does eventually get reasonably cool.
The hotel is in a quiet area which I enjoy as it's away from the nightlife. It's about an 8 minute walk to second road and 12-20 minute walk to Beach Rd (12 minutes if you're willing to brave walking down Soi 6). Baht buses can be hopped on along Second Rd for 10 Baht to take you along the length of Beach Rd to Walking St.
There's no onsite restaurant but a decent Irish pub called Jamesons is across the road and supplies the room service. There's not much else in the immediate area apart from other hotels a couple of 7/11's.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends