“Great place to stay for anyone”
Review of Nova Gold Hotel

Nova Gold Hotel
Ranked #65 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Doha, Qatar
“Great place to stay for anyone”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here for 4 days/3nights. The hotel is in an area where its quiet at night and day time. There are several bars, restaurants and conveniant stores around. I booked the deluxe suite and was impressed.

Location: About 50 baht moped ride to walking street and beach road. off the path but that's what I was looking for.
Service: friendly staff and met all my needs.

RECOMMENDED for all solo, business and families

Room Tip: Next door is Jamison Irish Bar and several small eateries that are good and cheap. ask for the balc...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
puangpaka_c, Manager at Nova Gold Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear MarvinKatz,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We are very glad to know our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Thank you again and we will be hopefully you will be returning to our hotel again soon!! we are pretty sure you will find a lovely time.

Best regard,

Puangpaka.C
Manager, rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here in April for 5 nights, 6 days (2 of which were during Songkran). I ALWAYS forget to grab photos, so I apologize for that. I'll try on my next trip. I'm trying a new format to my reviews, so bear with me.

Reservation:
I reserved my room via the Nova Gold website, choosing a "superior" room, which is their basic room at a 1000THB per night rate.

Check-In:
This was really a breeze. My flight arrived at BKK at 0800, so I arrived at the hotel around 10am that day. I asked if my room was ready, since I was of course a few hours early. The receptionist informed me that my room was not yet ready, but she would be happy to upgrade my room to a Deluxe Corner room at no additional charge. Of course I obliged, and the room was great.

The Room:
Very spacious with a nice walk in shower and separate oversized tub. The bed was a bit firm, but that's par for the Thai course. The TV channels were on a bad connection, but I wasn't there for the TV, so I'm not going to ding the hotel on that. The balcony was a great touch, and I ate a couple meals there after long hours in town. You must use a room key to power the AC and lights, but all you have to do is ask the front desk for a "power card" and they'll give you one. Protip: DO THIS! Otherwise your room will be quite toasty after spending all day in the heat.

Minibar:
Thailand has probably the cheapest minibars I've ever seen in the world. I drank the two beers, 1 can of Pringles, 2 bottles (extra, not the glass free ones) of water each day of the five, and I spent less than $20 USD for the whole stay on minibar.

Room service:
They get the food from Jameson's bar down the street, which is attached to Nova Park hotel. I never had any problems with food, and it all arrived on time. Not as cheap as street food, but very cheap regardless. Protip: Try the Pad Thai with chicken!

Cleanliness:
Again, can't really knock it. Everything was clean when I asked for it to be (I usually keep my room set to do not disturb to give the crew a break and to save water on towels etc, only requesting the mini bar to be restocked) and in a timely manner.

Service:
Everyone I encountered at the hotel was friendly, always greeting me with a smile and asking what they could do to help. Service was excellent!

Location:
Some people knock it, I personally loved the location. There was a Club Car available all day and into the night that will run you either to Central Pattaya Road (nearer to Soi 7) or 2nd road (between Soi 6/1 and Soi 6), and you can of course catch the baht bus from there. Getting back you can either call the hotel and have them pick you back up where you were dropped off or hoof it from the 2nd Road/Soi 6 spot. Just follow the road and to the right at the Y and you'll see it a bit further up on the left next to a convenience store (not the 7/11, that's next to Nova Park). Protip: The Club Car is FREE, take advantage of it, but throw the guy 20 baht each time you ride and you'll find they will jump to make you happy.

Other information:
-The pool is great, and was quiet while I was there. When I was hungover a couple days of my trip I stumbled down to the pool and there was never anyone there. Great spot to relax, even has a little grotto.
-The hotel allows one joiner for free, as long as she gives her ID to the front desk.
-I picked up a new suitcase while at the market, the staff held it for me so I didn't have to go back upstairs, and I picked it up on my way back in later on.

Cons:
-The hallways were hot. Like really frickin' hot.
-The AC never quite got as cool as I'd have liked it to be, but I can't say that I was uncomfortable.
-Power went out during a massive thunderstorm. Elevators went out of course, which meant walking down from the top floor. Joy. (Pro - the staff were really understanding of it, and offered cold water while waiting)

So there you have it. I recommend this hotel for sure. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I liked the corner room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank sixstringsent
puangpaka_c, Manager,Room at Nova Gold Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Sixstringsent,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review for Nova Gold Hotel.
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed with our team served you professionally.
I have taken note of your comment and your comment will help & motivated our staff to continue working hard & provide best service to customer.
Thank you again for your comments and we certainly hope to welcome you back soon.

Puangpaka.c
Manager, Rooms
Shepparton, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Ideal location and easy walk to most sites within Pattaya. Walked to Tiffany's and then to beach. Clean, quaint, fantastic service and numerous eateries close by. Fantastic value for money. Irish Pub 50 metres away, great food and atmosphere. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Strallan
puangpaka_c, Manager at Nova Gold Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Strallan,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us in regard to your recent experience at our hotel.
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the room and our team served you professionally.
Thank you again for your comments and we certainly hope to welcome you back soon!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Both my wife and I love all the different size hotel rooms we have stayed in.
We find them to be clean and well appointed.
The staff are all brilliant and very accommodating esp Nui at reception.
We would certainly recommend the hotel based on location, ability to walk or golf cart to main roads. Plenty of places to eat nearby eg. Jamisons Irish pub, as well as 3 minute to buffet breakfast at Nova hotel around corner.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dreamer017
puangpaka_c, Manager,Room at Nova Gold Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Dreamer017,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our front office service. We try hard to provide the best service to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward. We trust you will have a memorable and enjoyable experience with us every time.
Thank you once again for your time and I am looking forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel in April 2014. This was during the Songkran festival.... CRAZY TIME IN PATTAYA... be prepared.
Nova Gold was definitely a great hotel to come home to after a long day of festivities.

The staff was very friendly and attended to our requests timeously.

The room is spaceous and neat and as depicted on the website which is amazing, as this is very rare.

The fact that Nova Gold had a pool just made my stay even more pleasant. The refreshing swim was much needed after being thrown with dirty water during the festival.

Thanks to the staff for making this a pleasant stay in Pattaya.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nasreenkariem19
puangpaka_c, Manager,Room at Nova Gold Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Nasreenkariem19,

Thank you very much for you review Nova Gold Hotel. I hope you have enjoyable for Songkran festival at Pattaya. We are very glad to know our accommodations and services were
acceptable to you. We hopefully you will be returning to our hotel again soon!

Best Regards,
Puangpaka Changthong (Ms)
Manager, Rooms
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Its been more than 3-4 times i have stayed in this cozy property, it was easy and comfortable stay, overall the staff makes it special as they very cooperative and friendly. I travel to Pattaya more and often every month and at times i do select Nova Gold as my preferred hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yatri07
puangpaka_c, Manager,Room at Nova Gold Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Mr Samji9,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We are very glad to know our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. I have shared you comment with the team and i think this will help us to motivate my team to continue working and do our best.

Thank you again and we will be hopefully you will be returning to our hotel soon!!.

Best Regard,
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Nine of us took four rooms, superiors and execs, spacious with good bathrooms and lots of storage space. Yes, showers over-spilled as mentioned elsewhere, but basically, get a life - its nothing a floor towel can't cure and didn't enter bedroom...Good sound insulation, free buggy service to 2nd Road was good. Breakfasts can be bought by voucher for sister hotel 70m around corner (use their rooftop pool for sunbathing, this one is in appreciated shade), decent fitness room. Several places to eat/drink within 50m but this is set back from wild life of Pattaya, so use buggy to main road, cross over and walk down Soi 6 (tamer than it used to be!) to the beach (5 mins),or use baht buses, or even just get taxi from place over the road - good air con new Toyotas. As nearly everywhere, locals try hard to keep us happy. I don't come here for the girls, but cannot help loving Pattaya.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank SouthCoastRichie
puangpaka_c, Manager,Room at Nova Gold Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Richie008,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review for Nova Gold hotel Pattaya!
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed with us and our team served you professionally. I will providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.
i will shared your experience with the team to address this from occurring again in the future.

Best regard,