“ALMOST a luxury resort”

Pullman Pattaya Hotel G
Ranked #22 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
“ALMOST a luxury resort”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 nights & extended for 2 more nights due to cancellation of Bangkok trip to avoid protest. Still staying in Pullman right now. This is our wedding anniversary trip & first time with our 6-mth little one, so have chosen Pullman that thought to be a baby-friendly resort in the quieter part in North Pattaya.

Have mixed feelings on this Pullman, ok but seem not up to Pullman resort standard so may not be returning.

Baby-friendliness
Only average and not as I expected. There is only foldable baby bed but no wooden one, which is not quite suitable for little baby to sleep in. The baby bath tub is of poor quality and the inside surface is not smooth. No provision of baby shower gel. No baby bottle sterilizer. Most 5-star and some 4-stars hotel providing all the above.

The floor of room, hotel lobby and on the way to pool are quite slippery even when it's dry. Wonder why they chose such slippery tiles?

Room
Got a seaview room and the view is just magnificent. Layout is ok and quite specious, especially the toilet. Lighting system is good. Armchair very comfortable. Very nice little balcony.

The room lock is not working well that need to open forcefully. The shower design is awkward (with no certain) that the water will certainly split out to the toilet floor. The phone is on speaker mode by default that means everyone in the room can heard the conversation. Weight scale is not working.

Beach & Pool
A quiet & clean small beach with sufficient sun beds. The cabana for rent is a bit dated and look not very clean.

The 2 pools are quite small but not packed as of my visit. Towel provide on request & only 1 per person - sometimes the staff are not around then you have to wait for their old and shabby towel (15 mins in mu case) - which is not like 5-star service.

F&B
Beach Club, being the only restaurant in the resort, is just so-so. Breakfast is below average, like something you would have in a 3-start hotel. Few variety and in poor quality. Leftover are found under tables.

Beach Bar share the same menu & kitchen with Beach Club, but offer a great half-price happy hour. The setting is nice with lot of comfortable sea-facing seats. Get a seat for the magnificent sunset!

Guests
Yes there is quite a lots of Russian and Mainland Chinese on packaged tour. It's a bit annoying during the breakfast time when the groups talk loudly.

I think this is the weakest aspect.
Can't live out the slogan of human touch service. Didn't offer Le Club member benefits until I mentioned and request, even though I booked using my member account. No interaction (such as providing map, recommendation of tourists spot & restaurant) in contribution on a memorials holiday. Lack of initiative. Not all staff wear smile. Have to ask for the cash coupon that comes with my accommodation package. Even I told them in advance that I have extended my stay, still my room card been disable on the original check out day. Providing shuttle service is good but the night time return trip always full.

Spa
Good setting & helpful staff. Enjoy my treatments very much. However the price of package was changed (since this year as told by the staff) but haven't been mentioned on the spa menu in room and in their booking counter (wonder where they publish the new price??), so I need to pay a bit more than what I see in the spa menu. The staff said it's either me or she need to pay the difference, so I paid. Even though I think Pullman should honor the price listed out.

Stayed December 2013
The M, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave so many constructive comments following your recent stay at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G. It was indeed a pleasure to meet you upon your departure and extend our concern to all the matters you have raised in your review.
We therefore highly appreciate your positive highlights in regards to our newly renovated G Executive Club Rooms and magnificent atmosphere of The Beach Bar.
However, it was disappointed for us to note that despite having memorable experience you encountered to several problems concerning some of the hotel services and facilities. I would very much like to investigate this further to avoid any future re-occurrences. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Once again, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us and thereby giving us the opportunity to identify the areas for further improvement. I do hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting Pullman Pattaya Hotel G in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality of our hotel.

With kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent friendly staff, decent food, and beach bar nice. I was working so not seeing the beachfront location particularly, which is pretty good. Mainly Russian and Chinese guests. Wifi was a bit rubbish. Rooms everything you'd expect from a good hotel. Plenty of local restaurants immediately outside and a few bars. Well away from nightclubs fortunately although the disco in the place next door find go on a bit. Fine for children. Looked a decent spa, I didn't use it. Hotel bus service down towards north end of town was handy.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

My sister and i stayed 10 day at the PULLMAN G PATTAYA. We had an amazing stay everything was perfect ! Our rooms was spacious with a beach view from the balcony , we had a nice breakfast by the private beach every morning . Good service , very friendly especially BENG from the reception!
I recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
The M, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your holiday with us at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G and we sincerely appreciate your time which you have dedicated to post this review.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; especially our new G Executive Club Rooms and Sunset Lounge. Your gracious comments of service excellence and highlighting the helpfulness of our reception staff K. Beng will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced.

We sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again to our hotel in not so distant future.

With best regards,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My first impression of this place is more like a 1 star hostel because of the check in process was such a nightmare. After not being greeted by any of the staff at the reception, we were being asked for our passports, then the guy spent like 2 minutes playing with the computer and not talking to us. All of a sudden, he told us the room was ready. We were shocked! Really? Thats it? My friend and I are both Platinum members so we asked if there is a lounge for us and if we can get an upgrade. The staff, then, told us that we got to access to the lounge from 5pm-6pm and no upgrade. This is the first time I heard something like this from any Pullman hotels. We, then, asked what do Platinum members get... The answer was- Late Check-out, something that we didn't need. It was shocking! No upgrade, no breakfast, no welcome drinks, and no manage on duty!

After I got into the room, I found a very long female hair on the pillow. How clean could it be!

The next morning, we got to speak with the manager. The manager finally did something and he knew what platinum membership was!!! We got an upgrade and finally had someone giving us some details on the lounge. He also offered us a massage from the hotel spa.

The breakfast was okay at the lounge and staff was nice. Nothing really impressive but it was comfortable.

The pool was full of Russians. Some people were smoking and I thought I was in Russia! The hotel beach bar was pretty cool but it was so sad I thought I was in Russia again. We then went up to the lounge for cocktail hours, the drinks were ok, nothing really special. They offer wine, whiskey and coke, beer...

We also got to try out the dinner buffet one night. The price was good so we added the free flow wine package. Food was good but nothing compared to the Hilton buffet we had. Live music and the setting was nice.

We stayed here for a long weekend but we actually spent more time at other hotels for food and drinks. Many staff don't speak English here and the service needs to be improved.

I don't think I will be back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
The M, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback about your recent stay at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G.

We value your input very much and therefore were disappointed to learn that on this instant the hotel services as well as overall experience did not meet your expectation. I sincerely regret your dissatisfaction and aggravation about the shortcomings you raised in your comments. Please rest assured that it’s been addressed to departments concerned for further rectification. Kindly accept our apology for any inconvenience this may caused.

We also appreciate your positive comment towards our fine dining and life entertainment during the dinner.

It’s been an honor for us to be to the service of the Le Club accohotels Platinum guests and we sincerely appreciate your loyalty. While some of the Le Club benefits are the subject to availability, we have to admit that it wasn't easy for us to find appropriate upgrade for you since your booking was made under our G Executive Club room which one of the most highest room category we have. Therefore the only benefit we have left to extend was complimentary late check-out. Unfortunately the G Suite which you were later upgraded having very limit inventory (only 10 rooms) and therefore wasn’t available on your arrival day. However we managed to get it the day after when you met our Rooms Division manager. Despite the fact that complimentary SPA is not under benefit program of Le Club members we were trying our best to make you feel special and extended this offer exceptionally only for you.
I sincerely hope that these clarifications will meet your understanding and help us to regain your confidence in our hotel.

We looking very much forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,
UK
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Depends on what you are after
And your expectations re Pattaya :
If your looking for a romantic honeymoon destination you wouldn't be here anyway.
This is our 5th visit over 7 years. The hotel has changed style (beach club /hip) and management during this time.
We had a sea view club room. Nice view. Excellent sunsets. Very clean room with great rainshower in bathroom. Good amenities. Very modern design but without a hint of Thailand.
Breakfast served 6-10 but club rooms can have until 11(which was great)
Club cocktail lounge only one hour and canapés served at your table. Mixed selections but not to everyone's taste. Staff in the club room are excellent.
Restaurant prices are reasonable as is food.
Wifi (free) coverage was also pretty good and stable service.
Downside is still the mayhem at the pool. At certain times over our 6 nights stay there were no sunbeds but every cabana (at 3500 baht) empty. Maybe these are overpriced and they take up much needed space. Pool crowded with guests jumping in/ smoking/ kids throwing balls over the top of you and generally getting in each other's space. Afternoons seemed to be quieter. Pool towels are stained and frayed and could do with changing.
The ongoing building work next door is still a pain.
Hotel is in Naklua - a few bars and restaurants outside. Taxi very easy to get, bellboy called in minutes. 150 baht and about 10 mins to Dolphin Island. (Start of beach road )
Hotel is extremely popular with Russians.

• Stayed November 2013