“Little bit disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
Gold Coast, Australia
“Little bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was in two minds about writing a review on this hotel as it was regrettably going to be a bit negative. The reason I hesitate was that the staff at the Hotel were so friendly and helpful all the time and that was what made the stay better for me.
My first impression of the main Hotel block, apart from the lobby area was that is a bit tired and needs to be freshened up. The paint on the wood in the hall ways was old and there was that old musty sort of smell to the area.
I had booked an Executive Club suite which included Internet a breakfast. The room was spacious enough but the lounge area looked like it was an office and not a living area. It wasn't comfortable or inviting. The lounge was actually really uncomfortable. The bathroom was good and a good size. It had obviously been refurbished and they had done a pretty good job.
The windows however were really dirty and not that I had much of a view (towards the back of the hotel) it sort of made the room feel dirty.
The Internet was really really slow in my room!
I ordered room service dinner 2 of the 3 nights and the food was great.

Breakfast was free at the Sunset Lounge and it was really very ordinary. The muesli was stale and the only yoghurt they had out 3 days in a row was kids yogurts with cartoon characters on it.
I did have trouble getting across a couple of fairly simple requests. This was not the particular staff members fault more more a staff training issue.
1. I asked for a low fat flat white coffee. I received a full fat cappuccino. The second day I actually took the staff member to the jug that said low fat milk at the buffet to make sure they got the message.
2. I asked for poached eggs on wholemeal toast. The staff member went away and then came back to inform me they have no wholemeal. So I got up and walked around to the toaster and showed them the wholemeal bread at the buffet. I still got white toast haha!
I'll be interested to see what response I get to this as I have seen plenty of reviews saying the breakfast was poor but management keep replying that everyone else thought it was great.
The pool and beach area are great and the location is fantastic. Its north of Pattaya Beach so its relatively quiet. I rented a motor bike so I was able to get around easily.
Would I stay here again? Possibly if I have to come back to Pattaya and only because the staff were so good. Hopefully I wont need to come back to Pattaya as its not a very nice place....unless you are here for the sex industry.
Also to be fair I had just come from staying at the Sofitel Bangkok which is a 5 star property and they do everything right.

Room Tip: Book a room in the main building as the separate building looks really old and has no outlook.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review.

We would like to thank you for your patronage and for bringing these concerns to our attention.

We also highly appreciate your kind comments toward our friendly and helpful staff. Your positive highlights in regards to the convenient location with fantastic swimming pool and beach noted with many thanks.

We pride ourselves on excellent customer service as we strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay, therefore it was regrettably to learn about the shortcomings which you encountered during the stay.

Please allow me to express our apology regarding the part of your stay that was not up to the level of your expectation. I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the room design, condition of the hotel lobby and internet accessibility. We are currently upgrading our internet provider so all our guests can enjoy high speed complimentary internet access throughout entire resort area.

Regarding the breakfast at the Sunset Lounge, I have conveyed your message to our Executive Chef and F&B Director as we take this issue very seriously.

We will keep improving our performance and attain our objective which is thoroughly delight all our guests.

I would like to ensure you that what you experienced is not the actual level of service which we strive to provide at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G in our day to day operation.

It is our hope that opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel will arise in not so distant future soon again.

Sincerely Yours,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

My stay at the Pullman Resort was really enjoyable. All the staff were really nice, always on hand to help. The people down a the gym were more than happy to play a few games of ping pong with me. The atmosphere around the pool area was really relaxing - especially at night where dinner was held. The rooms were everything you wanted in a hotel room: clean, spacious, well-lit. I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants a few days to unwind. P.S. The freshly squeezes orange juice is amazing!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Pullman Pattaya Hotel G on your recent stay in Pattaya and for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.com.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with the friendly service, the room and the outstanding view.

We also appreciate the comments about our freshly squeezed orange juice. I have passed your compliments to my team. They have asked me to forward their gratitude and said that they feel inspired by your kind words to continue providing outstanding service.

Thank you so much for recommending our property.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay at the Pullman Pattaya Hotel G.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest!

With best regards,
Nonthaburi, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We always choose Pullman G when we go to pattaya because superb service and nice surroundings. Beautiful seaviews from the room. Good fragrance (smell) in lobby and all the room that make us really relax when stay. In short word really perfect place to stay with reasonable price!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback. We really appreciate your compliments and your kind words give all of us inspiration to continually provide superior service.

It was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. Our team enjoyed taking care of you very much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Pattaya Hotel G on your next visit to Pattaya.

Pattaya, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Amazing hotel, I found the service to be top level. I mainly dealt with Mae and Stephanie who both were very professional and friendly at the same time which made my stay very enjoyable. Food from the back restaraunt was delicious! With an amazing view, will definitely go back!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback about your previous stay at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G!

Thank you also for expressing your appreciation not only about our bar and restaurant quality, but also about the service our employees are so proud to act with such level of passion with our guests. We also appreciate your lovely comments about the friendly service extended by Stephanie and Mae who are delighted to hear that you enjoyed their friendliness and hospitality. There is nothing more motivating for us than receiving feedback like yours to continue providing services beyond our guests’ expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Pattaya Hotel G in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Nice place, excellent service, nice room. My husband and me have really love everything that hotel gave to us (since welcome gift, complementary room upgrade to a very impressive surprise cake and champagne). We definitely agree that next time when we go to Pattaya, Pullman Pattaya Hotel G will be only the first place in our mind.

Room Tip: Executive club room is the best
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

It's fantastic to know Pullman Pattaya Hotel G will be your first choice for your next visit here. It gives us such a great pleasure to know you enjoyed your vacation with us.
I also want to thank you for your kind words about our staff's excellent service, our rooms and location. We are constantly striving to make your stay at our hotel a memorable one!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and I will be sure to share your review with our team.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We traveled as 2 adults and 1 toddler.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the right property and used Tripadvisor reviews as my guide.

Staff - generally good. attentive. engaging.
Room - we chose the Executive Club Room (included bkfst and wifi) which had a seaview.
bed - on the small side for a King size bed
Pillows - despite 5 options, default was extra firm. my neck still hurts as i type this.
Bedding - good.
TV - limited channels. access to int'l TV channels but didn't make much use of it.
Balcony - small but good for 2 persons to sit and watch the sun set over a glass of wine.
Lights - so annoying. wall switches turn on different combinations as does the bedside module. I ended up waking up or being woken by the unintentional festival of lights.
Bathroom - amenities OK.
Hardware -
Toilet vent - leaking yellow liquid - Don't ask - i don't want to know what it was.
towel railing - loose not terribly well designed
Shower- getting a consistent water temp was difficult which is critical for showering the toddler. It was too easy to go from cool to scalding.
glass wall had metal trim which was loose/broken.
room air condition - cold when it's on, stuffy if it's off. I'm not sure that the setting you place it on impacts the actual temp it spits out.
Hotel general areas
Reception - modern, nice but personally I prefer more Thai references in the decor
Pool(s) - it was cool so didn't really use it. could easily become crowded if it were warmer. Towels were worn. 50 shades of ... white or maroon? Just didn't feel like this point mattered to the establishment.
Lifts - fast enough not to notice the wait.
Children's area - nice to see that they had an area dedicated to kids and families. the game room and the pool table/ping pong table showed that they were trying. As did the climbing wall.
outdoor areas - well kept, didn't understand the xmas tree, snowflake light prices in the driveway as it was the last week of JAN.
F&B
Breakfast was included and we had access to the sunset lounge for bkfst. service was attentive and food was of a good quality. might agree with another post who suggested that the breakfast gets tired after day 3.
As we arrived late on the first day, we decided to eat at the hotel. Hotel offered an a la carte and buffet option. Thai food from a la carte was not up to scratch (Kao Soi). Buffet food was generally good but the BBQ'd seafood stopped being cooked from 9PM onwards. Because it wasn't there, i didn't have any. It should be noted that there remained a chef on duty and that he would prep more food if asked but it defeated the purpose of a buffet.
Lunch/snack at the beach bar was good and staff accommodated the request to alter the menu items due to allergies.
Beach - private... good. water clean. plenty of beach chairs. good for the whole family.
Check out - slightly annoying. needed to have the room 'checked' ie. minibar. before she would start processing my checkout. this was annoying as i had a transport waiting. it simply took longer than needed.
A final remark was how strange i found it to see the majority of service staff be from the Philippines. I am a former resident of Thailand and love its people. I wouldn't fault the Philippine staff however it took the shine off the Thai hospitality one comes to expect.
Hotel Location - this is north of north Pattaya. I have previously been to Pattaya and knew that i didn't want to be on/at/near walking street. that said, i would not say that it was convenient to get to the main drag (beach road) if you were looking for shopping/food/bars. The return was always difficult to manage so we ended up getting a song tauw for THB150.

SAFETY - if you do have kids - the hotel really should consider changing the balcony railings. they are horizontal and so inviting for kids to climb. had to remind our son multiple times to keep feet planted on the floor. With a child having fallen from a property in Bangkok earlier in the week - it made for a very uncomfortable situation whenever he was on/near the balcony.

All in all a nice stay but not the dream destination i'd read others write about - at least not for my household. We'll probably give the Pullman a miss for any future visit to Pattaya.

Room Tip: we had a corner room on the 10th floor. no noise although room next to ours was vacant.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kovalex
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post this very detailed review.

We have well noted all your comments about our hotel and facilities.

We also discuss your comment regarding our plumbing in the bathroom and we will utilize your comments to improve on the areas you have suggested.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, and we are still looking forward to your next visit.

Sincerely Yours,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Private beach of the Pullman Pattaya makes an ideal place for people to avoid the busy city.
We stayed in a family suite. The rooms were very average. The description of the room said "side sea view" which actually meant you get only the side view of the sea! The spa was excellent at the resort. The place also serves vegetarian pizzas at the bar next to the beach area. In all a great experience!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea view should be taken! Beware of the "side-sea view" trick!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and comments regarding your stay with us at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G.

We are glad to know you had an amazing experience here with us enjoying our Aisawan Spa, Beach bar and our exclusive private beach located on the best area of Pattaya.