I was in two minds about writing a review on this hotel as it was regrettably going to be a bit negative. The reason I hesitate was that the staff at the Hotel were so friendly and helpful all the time and that was what made the stay better for me.
My first impression of the main Hotel block, apart from the lobby area was that is a bit tired and needs to be freshened up. The paint on the wood in the hall ways was old and there was that old musty sort of smell to the area.
I had booked an Executive Club suite which included Internet a breakfast. The room was spacious enough but the lounge area looked like it was an office and not a living area. It wasn't comfortable or inviting. The lounge was actually really uncomfortable. The bathroom was good and a good size. It had obviously been refurbished and they had done a pretty good job.
The windows however were really dirty and not that I had much of a view (towards the back of the hotel) it sort of made the room feel dirty.
The Internet was really really slow in my room!
I ordered room service dinner 2 of the 3 nights and the food was great.
Breakfast was free at the Sunset Lounge and it was really very ordinary. The muesli was stale and the only yoghurt they had out 3 days in a row was kids yogurts with cartoon characters on it.
I did have trouble getting across a couple of fairly simple requests. This was not the particular staff members fault more more a staff training issue.
1. I asked for a low fat flat white coffee. I received a full fat cappuccino. The second day I actually took the staff member to the jug that said low fat milk at the buffet to make sure they got the message.
2. I asked for poached eggs on wholemeal toast. The staff member went away and then came back to inform me they have no wholemeal. So I got up and walked around to the toaster and showed them the wholemeal bread at the buffet. I still got white toast haha!
I'll be interested to see what response I get to this as I have seen plenty of reviews saying the breakfast was poor but management keep replying that everyone else thought it was great.
The pool and beach area are great and the location is fantastic. Its north of Pattaya Beach so its relatively quiet. I rented a motor bike so I was able to get around easily.
Would I stay here again? Possibly if I have to come back to Pattaya and only because the staff were so good. Hopefully I wont need to come back to Pattaya as its not a very nice place....unless you are here for the sex industry.
Also to be fair I had just come from staying at the Sofitel Bangkok which is a 5 star property and they do everything right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in the uniqueness of Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, a culmination of fashion combining traditional Thai & contemporary design aimed to suit your every passion. Check in and Chill out in the comfort of our well-appointed guest rooms. Experience the only beach club in Pattaya, with seaside-style dining on a private beach and two big swimming pools equipped with the state of the art mood lights & chill out music. Relax & enjoy the most stunning sunset view in Pattaya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your Pullman Pattaya Hotel G reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Pattaya Aisawan Hotel Pattaya