“Most bizarre hotel experience ever”

Bella Express Hotel
Ranked #189 of 466 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 12 January 2014

First impression was quite good, friendly guy at the door, friendly English speaking personnel at the reception, but then it was all downhill from there....

After the initial check in we were told to go to another reception in another wing of the hotel. We then had a check in process that was all but smooth. To make a long story short, after about an hour or so, I was able to enter my room. We booked three rooms in total.

Rooms were newly refurbished and looked nice,- however, the hotel was obviously a construction site, and door slamming, drilling in concrete and other "not possible to sleep noises" were ongoing throughout our stay.

But all that is not what i will remember from my stay at the Bella Express. Immediately after i entered the room i noticed that i only had half a roll of toilet paper and no shampoo. Not a deal breaker you might think, and I agree. However,- what happens the next 24 hours is. Soon after check-in we went out for dinner. I then asked the receptionist to put both toilet paper and shampoo in all three rooms as none of them had this in them. Receptionist said he would call cleaning staff and they would fix this right away.

When we got home none of us had received this. Woke up early the next day, went down to reception and asked them to fix shampoo and toilet paper. Again i was told the same story and that this would be fixed right away. I went out for about 45 minutes before i then again returned to my room. Nothing was delivered to any of the rooms.

I then went down to reception, again asking for toilet paper and shampoo. I said that i would go and eat breakfast and that i expect this to be present in my room when i return. Again the staff confirmed that this would would be done. When i returned from breakfast neither toilet paper or shampoo was in my room.

I then went down to reception and said that now i had waited for 24h for toilet paper and shampoo. They then said that they would call cleaning staff and get them to deliver it in my room within 5 minutes. I then said that i would be waiting in the reception until they came and delivered it there. Then they said that it could take some more time than five minutes. I said, no problem, I`ll just be standing right here until i get it. After ten minutes they reached out to me smiling and saying that they now had received it. I was then given a roll of toilet paper and a BATH FOAM from "BEST WESTERN"...Still no shampoo.... Unfortunately they only had one bottle of bath foam so my friends would receive this to their rooms within a short period of time. Needless to say, that never happened.

Other minuses
-Lack of English skills.
-Bad wifi.
-A lot of employees,- however none of them seemed to work. They were just hanging out in the lobby joking around. Very strange.
-When I came back to the Hotel in the middle of the night and asked for my key i was offered several keys and had to pick mine. I could easily have picked someone else`s room. Would recommend that you just keep the key yourself.
-Security Box only worked in one out of three rooms.

My suggestion would be that you stay away from this hotel. Maybe it will be better when they are done with construction (and get a new hotel manager). But until then,- stay away.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay at this hotel, I would recommend that you choose one of the newly refurbished...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank D-Zilla

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Request to all guys who make post on trip advisor
PLEASE WRITE TRUE EXPERIENCE

this is worst property to stay in pattaya
Very very very bad rooms
Bad service

Broken bath room

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Abhinav G
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The service was very bad they are very slowly the beds are very very very very bad ,the room was not very clean and the receptionist was very bad and they are slow acting.

I WILL NEVER GO THERE ANOTHER TIME...........

that was not just me but all my group

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank jahmi60
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 days. The budget room we were allotted on the ground floor was neat, clean but had a big wall behind the window. So, we were left with no sunlight and view from our room. It is OK if you are traveling the whole day. The deluxe rooms provide a nice view of the swimming pool.

One of the highlights of this hotel will be its food. For breakfast you will get Indian, Continental food. Salads, Kheer, Puri and Bhaji are few Indian items. A good menu for everyone.

Room Tip: Book a room apart from budget rooms, preferably on the 1st, 2nd floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shivprasad P
Reviewed 11 December 2013

When I arrived, I was told that I had been upgraded to a new wing of the hotel. gullible , I wrote in a piece of paper , which I agreed to this.

This new and improved wing , turned out to be a part of a building site. The phone in the room was not connected yet and the internet did not work ( disaster because I work even though I'm away from the DK.)

. On the toalettet there was a stench of sewage , which did not disappear even if I filled water in all drains . At night there was a big bunch of drunk Russians who were having a party and the next morning kl.6:30 gathered approximately 20 construction workers below my window ( lived on the first floor ) and held a morning meeting before they started cutting metal and bring stones .

When I complained in the reception, they offered me another upgrade to a new hotel, situated on the beach. I said thank you , but refused this time to sign anything until I had seen what they sent me to . Once again , there was not an upgrade but a lower standard than the one, I had booked and yet situated far away from the center and the appartments my family lives in.

I went back to Bella Express and demanded my money back , which I was informed to take place through Expedia . Then I left the hotel, even though I had 2 nights back of my reservation and have now booked me into another place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank flemming h
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The rooms are clean and spacious. But the hotel is extending itself and the construction work is going on, so do not expect good sleep. You get nice Indian food, breakfast buffet has good options for both veg and non-veg.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank harjotsingh87
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We were at "Bella Express" by the end of November 2013, for 5 nights. I liked the hotel overview from the outside & as well as from Inside. They have facility of breakfast (which includes Indian Food also) & wifi. The location is also very nice as it is near to 2nd street & the Famous "Walking street of Pattaya". You will find everything near about only. So if you want to explore pattaya with budget amount this Hotel is a good option. You will find rent a bike near by only. The beach road & all other area very near. And you will also find 50-60% guest are from India only, because of Indian breakfast. But their service was very bad. If you want anything than it is a disaster. And for wake up call service they always wake me up Half an hour early than schedule time. These issues were there. But overall good hotel to stay with family or friends for Indians specially.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends