“Total rip off & rude staff”

KTK Royal Residence
Ranked #83 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
“Total rip off & rude staff”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked into the ktk regency and discussed their monthly rate which they quoted 27,000 baht for one month.
They demanded payment upfront and 5000 deposit.
The room that they moved me into was a good size although the internet did not work, in the morning I was awoken by heavy construction noise at 7 a.m, this was so loud that I could not sleep.

I spoke to reception about it and they informed me all rooms were full for the next 3 nights but they could move me after.

I asked if they could reduce the rate due to being unable to sleep past 7 am, they said we cannot it's company policy!

So after having to put up with the construction noise for 4 days they then moved me to my new room.

I was charged a total of 670 baht for electric for 4 days, which I questioned and was told I have to pay!!!

The new room they moved me into was 1/3 the size of the previous room, and basically like sleeping in a corridor.

I spoke with reception downstairs (Natthanan) she was by far the rudest person I have ever had to deal with, I asked for a rate reduction due to room being a lot smaller or option of another room, I also asked to speak to the manager which was refused.

She told me they cannot refund anything, and if I don't like it I can choose to leave as there no more rooms available.

I was very angry but managed to find another condo in pattaya that was much nicer and had reasonable rates (and polite staff)

When I returned to ktk regent to check out Natthanan insisted I must pay the full rate of 14,550 for 4 nights, I tried to argue that the room that they sold me for 27,000 baht was very noisy but a lot larger than the 2nd room they tried to fob me off with.

She said I am causing too many problems and they are happy that I am checking out.

Unbelievably bad customer service from this member of staff, and it ended up costing me 14,550 baht for a 4 night stay.......

AVOID AT ALL COST

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank UK1980

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Everything was good in this hotel. The room - we upgraded to the best one there was available. was huge. lovely bathroom. very clean and the staff were friendly. only downside was the minimal breakfast but lots of restaurants near by so not a problem. Also the WIFI was irratic. all the hotels in the KTK chain are good and great balue.

Room Tip: Every room good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kuwait
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed at the regent part of the hotel. The hotel is not very centrally located but the hotel has shuttles which take you to the places you want to go and pick you from that point.
The lady at the reception was friendly , the gentleman didn't really handle our passports well on checking us in , kept twisting and bending them.
The rooms are nice and spacious , cleaned daily .. breakfast is not great but good enough

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was very happy with this hotel, I stayed in the Royal suite for one month for 26000 Bhat and it was well wort it...

The location is situated away from all the Noise of clubs and bars ...Only 50 Bhat taxi to soi bukhaw..
I would recommend getting a moterbike while here as you will see more of pattaya.

Do not rent scooters from this hotel as its well over priced
if you go to soi 15.2 you will find a wee place at the top called filling station, go in there and you can get a bike for 100 Bhat a day...

Enjoy J ;)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Very happy with the room - extremely clean, spacious and well laid out, staff very friendly. Location is ok if driving a bike, and motorbike taxis are only a wave away. Breakfast buffet was pretty terrible, but not hard to find good breakfasts elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

On the internet, the KTK looks like it could be a good option in Pattaya. However, as so much is the case here in this location, looks can be deceiving. From start to finish, the hotel is a great disappointment and should be avoided at all costs… there are many better options within walking distance. Check-in is the beginning of the end… OK, many Thai hotels insist on the 1,000 baht deposit but don’t charge people 3% for doing this on a credit card and then pay it back in cash. Stupid. The hotel itself was clearly designed by an architect who was on happy pills… some of the disabled access has to be seen to be believed (check out the slope on the ramp to the lift for example) and as is again always common in Thai built and owned hotels, the changes in levels across a single floor plane are remarkable (my favourite trip is the invisible lip to the tiny breakfast area). The killer of course was the ‘free wifi’ where free meant free of users… it didn’t work at all and whilst this was blamed on ‘Red Shirts’ the fact it hadn’t worked for others in our party who had the misfortune to stay here for more days suggests… well, you know what I mean. Breakfast was a shambles but we were really too tired to eat given that the gay bar (Idol) directly behind our room had played ‘deep bass’ until around 4 am this morning. The only thing that can save the hotel is the location… in that it is in possibly the least accessible and pedestrian friendly area of a major town like Pattaya and you would never walk in here by mistake as you would never find it. Such a pity… the rooms – if you like red fetish sofas and more ‘bling’ than a copy pair of Ray-Bans can take – are OK but overall the hotel a real dud and we will make sure to avoid this one next time. And no, we are not ‘opposition’ hotel owners, just people who paid to stay here expecting better. I actually used up some of my (other travel website) points on this one but doubt I’ll get much of a refund. Oh, and don't bother waiting to talk to the manager - there clearly isn't one.

Room Tip: Book another hotel! Sorry, but it really isn't worth even going near in comparison to hotels eve...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Colin D
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed at KTK several times and last time in March/April 2013.
The rooms are well equipped with large flat screen TV, cable TV and free internet. The beds are king size and very hard, but this is common in Thailand and not necessarily a KTK issue.

A lot of the rooms have just a small balcony but no windows, get a corner room then you get the balcony plus a window.

The restaurant is superb and reasonably prices, I loved their breakfast omelette (50 Baht), best omelette in Pattaya. There are 2 pools and 2 gyms for the guests. The gyms are equipped with really cheap low quality equipment but the pools are really nice...the is even a putting green.

The location is sort of central if you have your own transport. If not you can walk to second road and then catch your baht bus and get to wherever you want for THB 10.

Reception staff are not smiling a lot, but they are efficient and honest, so don't expect a 5 star service at reception.

The KTK is only good value if you book a month or more as then they will apply a special monthly rate.

Room Tip: Get a corner room, this way you will have an extra window otherwise it can get a bit dark and claust...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo