“Knowledgeable and helpful staff”
Review of Dive South East Asia - CLOSED

Dive South East Asia
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive South East Asia is one of the longest standing members of the Pattaya dive community with over a decade in the industry and a team of friendly staff who live and breathe diving. We speak many languages and accomodate all divers and snorkelers of any experience level, from beginner all the way to PADI proffesional Dive South East Asia can take you there!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Magna, Utah, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable and helpful staff”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I went snorkeling with this group, and even though I was considered a "passenger" I was treated well. It wasn't their fault that the visibility was very bad, due to lots of silt and algae in the water at this time of year.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Benton C

London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Worst Dive Experience I've Had”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

A real shame to say but I had a dreadful experience with these guys, which makes me even more amazed to discover how many positive reviews they've received.

I went to Pattaya to complete my Advanced Open Water whilst in Thailand over Christmas. Generally speaking the dive sites in Pattaya are pretty poor, but my goal was to get my Advanced Open Water qualification. Prior to arriving I didn't know much about the details of this qualification and so hoped that someone would take the time to sit down with me and talk things through, but sadly that never happened. As time went on it became clear that they had achieved their objective of getting my money, and all that remained was to go through the motions and do the bare minimum required for me to achieve my qualification.

My dive instructor was a large Russian man with all the manners and grace of an orangutan. It seemed that he fell out of love with diving years ago and his sole purpose was to now ensure that everyone else joined him in his suffering. Communication was terrible, he hardly explained anything about the dives or what was required of me/us until he was confronted on it. He was constantly looking for ways to shout and get angry at people for their mistakes as oppose to helping them prevent or even learn from them. Despite his continual rage towards people for not taking the appropriate care (what he was really angry at was people wanting to have fun), more people were injured or put in harms way during my time with them than any other dive I had previously done.

I tried voicing my concerns at the end of the first day but rather than embracing criticism and reflecting on their performance they simply paid me lip-service and sited "company policy". At this point I knew that as far as they were concerned I would be gone the day after tomorrow and they would still have my money, all they needed to do was to make it through another day and this disgruntled customer would be a distant memory.

This attitude upsets me as these people seem to have no care for improving their service and no one to answer to if they offer a bad one. They clearly have a great shop location for catching tourist trade and when you're on holiday it's easy to be sold on this kind of activity, but my advice would be to AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! First time divers may have no barometer and so any experience is a good one, but having dived in many places across the world my advice would be to always dive with someone you feel is genuine - and in my opinion, these people are not!

Visited December 2011
7 Thank Jim C
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“if this is your first dive, this has to be your only choice”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Scuba diving at dive south east Asia - Great overall experience!

Not just the dive and ocean-floor and the marine life but the hospitality provided by Deejay and team left us utterly satisfied customers. Money's worth well spent i should say. So, if you have been watching discovery channel or Nat Geo in your childhood and have always wanted to take a dive yourself, you should plan for a dive here. It is totally worth it! take a one day adventure trip or a full diving course, dive south east Asia undoubtedly is the best place to be at.

Cheers,
Ankit Solanki

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Ankit S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Deejay is a great diver and Robert also”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Deejay is a great Dive Instructor. I dove several times with him he is best diver ever And Robert also.
When I come again here I will dive with them again.

4 Thank Abooood
Tulsa, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relaxed Atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Deejay is a great Dive Instructor. I dove several times with him (DiveSea) while in Pattaya on business. I went ahead and got my Advanced Open Water with him since I enjoyed his relaxed diving style. He is very patient and is more than willing to sit on a spot and just observe the sea life for a bit if you want. Not many dive masters/instructors that I have dove with seem to let you just sit and observe...gotta move move move people. :-P

The boat was really cool too! Very big, great crew and awesome lunch!!

You guys rock!