“Not a place to be....”

Ranked #258 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Bathinda, India
“Not a place to be....”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed during Nov 12 in this resort through RCI exchange......very poor services and lack of hospitality greeted us there...stay for 07 days was not comfortable..the amenities and support was not there..i had to even write to RCI with photographs to de-list them from the list so that at least others acn gain from my experience..the wi-fi is only avl in the lobby and pool area...dining is poor...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank preetman9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Thai first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I visit Jomtien frequently and usually book an apartment for stays of one or two weeks. This was a quick 2 night stay and I would not wish to stay longer. As others have mentioned, the service is unfriendly and pretty hopeless.
The rooms are basic, not very comfortable and tired looking. The pool area is uninviting. The location is fine for me - close to good restaurants. But those wanting to be right by the sea would be disappointed. The hotel is actually quite difficult to locate initially.
Upon check in, they ask for a 1000 baht deposit. This was not taken off my bill upon check out and was not returned to me. OK, I forgot at the time, so I was careless, but it is a bit underhand.

Room Tip: I just wouldn't recommend it at all.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Jim D

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

I booked this resort for 7 days via RCI. The unit was clean and neat with everything in good working condition. The resort as a whole also have a clean and neat appearance. It is adequate and suits its purpose.

It is very conveniently located right next to a supermarket and the bus stop to/from Bangkok and on the main coastal road in Pattaya.

We left after only 4 days purely because we found Pattaya a very boring and filthy town. Pattaya is simply not worth another visit.

Our only complaint about the resort are the steel chairs which are very noisy on the tile floors. You can hear your upstairs neighbour moving his chairs.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Theo P
London
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days in mid may 2013. Checking in was efficient but very unwelcoming. Certainly no service with a smile.

My Deluxe Studio was on the first floor which is better than the second or third floors as there are no lifts. The room was clean and spacious but the furniture looked very tired. The shower produced lukewarm water at best.

Swimming pool is clean but rather small. The decking around the swimming pool needs a lot of attention. Much of it is loose or warped and actually quite dangerous..

Free wifi was included in the price of the room. It worked well for the first few days but then became very intermittent before becoming unavailable for the last two days. The reception staff/management seemed unable to fix the issue. This caused me a lot of inconvenience.

I visit Jomtien twice a year but will not be returning to Chateau Dale Resort. There are many better hotels in the same area with staff that care about service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BritishDragon
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We booked an apartment with 2 twin beds to find upon arrival that they only have 1 bedroom apartments with a king bed and that if you want a 2nd bed use the Sofa Lounge. Room was clean and next door to a convenience store so easy to get supplies. We has to buy knives and glasses, and sponges and washing degergent to do the dishes as the apartment has nothing in it other than a couple of bowls and mugs.

Holes in the sheets, grey old towels, had to pay $15 deposit if you wanted to use a pool towel, no WiFi unless you sat in reception, and a lot of old men with very young boys and girls.

The cleaning staff were lovely but reception needs to learn some basic manners.
Pool area was nice and plenty of sun lounges, food quite nice by the pool though you wouldn't know unless you go searching for a menu.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sheryle D
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

i booked this resort through my timeshare with club la costa and the RCI rep. On arrival we were taken to ouR room. I immediately was hit by the very strong smell of damp. We looked around this very basic suite consisting of a bedroom bathroom and sitting room with some kitchen cupboards fridge . I was taken aback by the state of the place on further examination the headboard on the bed was dirty brown stains on it. The sheets on the bed were very crisp and white which showed the headboard up even more. The walls had mould and the damp was creeping up them. I rang the reception and complained and they showed us a replica suite downstairs which was marginally better but still had the same smell. My husband and I went and looked for alternative accomodation. I rang RCI who could not do anything but made a note of the complaint. We booked out later that day. I could not have slept in the accomodation it was disgusting. However, the surroundings swimming pool, bar etc looked ok but I did not stay long enough to use facilities.
I am in the process of complaining to RCI who recommended this place. I strongly advise you not to go there it will spoil your holiday. I finally booked into the Fifth Jomtein which was lovely and clean.

Room Tip: I cannot comment as I booked out same day. Do not go until they have cleaned up there act and redeco...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Shirley1256
Port Noarlunga, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband & I had booked an apartment for 1 week during our 4 week stay in Thailand. We were checked in quick enough, and from what we could see of the grounds and pool area thought we had hit gold - That soon chnaged. We were shown to our apartment in Tower 2 on the 5th floor. Once the door was opened we couldn't believe our eyes! First off it looked like someone had bought all the furniture at a garage sale. It was dated, dirty and undesirable. The sofa bed/liunge was broken and filthy. The bed was certainly more than 5 years old. The sheets were grey and stained. There was no duna, but a rattly old blanket and dirty bedspread and the bath towels supplied were threadbare. The kitchen was unclean, and where repairs were done in various areas, they never finished them off.
After a very uncomfortable night, my husband & I went to the manager and requested to change rooms. We were told no. They couldn't do that!! I would have understood if the resort was booked out, but there was hardly anyone there. We saw 2 families in 24 hours.
When I went back to our tower I saw that the lift was not broken and went to report it, but there was no one around at the front desk. Went back to the desk later, again waited for another 30 mins, but still no one showed. Eventually went back to our room.
We packed our bags and booked out the next evening. When asked why, we told the management about the standard of the room, the lack of helpfullness to change the situation and how we could not stay another night there. Management did not care and basically turned their back on us.
We are well sasoned travellers and have experienced many levels of accommodation, but this resort has taken the cake. RCI members beware !!! It is not a 4 star resort, more like a 2 star. Keep well clear!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple