“A Land Mark in Pattaya.....!”
Review of Hilton Pattaya

Hilton Pattaya
Ranked #15 of 444 Hotels in Pattaya
Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
“A Land Mark in Pattaya.....!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife & I like this beautiful & scenic hotel in the middle of the city. Beautiful vies all around the hotel. Friendly staff and good services from every department. The Front office staff name Q was indeed the best who took us around and explained so many things. The rooms stars from the 16th floor on wards. The views from the Grand Ocean Suite on the the top of the hotel was amazing and eye soothing. You can have the best over view of Pattaya town. Best location. Best facilities with a huge shopping complex attached. Best price. We enjoyed our stay there & recommend to any visitors to Pattaya.

Room Tip: The Rooms facing the sea and or the city is a good one
1 Thank maj0ra
Rudolf T, General Manager at Hilton Pattaya, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Major A,

Greetings from Hilton Pattaya and thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and writing a positive note relating to your stay.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Khun Q, our front desk trainee, was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with him.

We hope you will return to stay with us should your travels bring you back this way.

General Manager, Hilton Pattaya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in the deluxe ocean suite. Hotel cannot be more conveniently located in the town centre above the central festival. Free and secure parking is provided. Staff are very friendly everywhere . The view from the hotel room is spectacular with the ocean and the city under your feet. You could grab a cold beer and enjoy the magnificent view and don't have to go out at all. The breakfast is good and weather permitting you have to have it at the outdoor seating so as to be close to the ocean with the breath taking view. The executive lounge provides good evening canapé and cocktails and the staff are very attentive as well.
The only downside I have to say is that it is quite noisy at night as a result of the music from the beach side bars despite we are staying in the high floor. We have told the staff about this and they have sent someone to check it out but in vain. Perhaps this is the price to pay for staining in the city centre. But despite this I will still choose to come back on my next trip .

Dear FC207,

Warm greetings and thank you for your comments on this website.

We are happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the amenities of the property to your liking. We also do take note of your added feedback with regard to noise from outside bar, which is indeed an area that we are working on to improve.

Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels..

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was satisfied that stayed in Hilton about this trip. However, there were some very small problems. While in room at night, I felt uncomfortabel sleeping cause the noise sounded outside through the window. And I ordered a drink at the 34th fllor Horizon Bar, over-charged for the cost of water makes me feel bad. If the staff had a good understanding of English, I couldn't pay of order water(evian). If I had known in advance for HHonors membership, would have been more benefit. that makes me regret. Overall, the Hilton Pattaya's service and facilities were satisfied, then I'll go find Hilton Pattaya this september. Good Luck

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Yongseong J,

Warm greetings from Hilton Pattaya and thank you having taken the time to write a review on Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay.

We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with our hotel overall. We also receive your comments with regards to external noise and Horizon experience, which your comments have been shared with department head and team members concerned so as to avoid the recurrence.

It has indeed been our privilege to have you staying with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Pattaya in September.

barcelona
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

It was one of the most interesting hotel in pattaya. as it was our first time in thailand, we decided to spend one night at Hilton. Staff was warm and genuine. We got an upgrade to a room facing an ocean with lounge benefit. Lounge was quiet and private but selection of foods was limited but we dont mind. The best part if bathtub in balcony and most of all, i love the bathroom amenities here ... it was so great and details.

The pool was very nice with crowded but we found it a little bit too cold even the daytime.

Hilton set themselves very high standard and definitely worth for stay again

Stayed May 2014
Dear Splendidme,

Warm greeting and Thank you for taking the time to post review on this Tripadvisor website

We are delighted to read your comments and to note that you enjoyed the feature, facilities, services provided by our Team Members. We also note your kind comment with regard to the pool temperature.

It has indeed been our privilege to have you staying with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Pattaya.

Attleboro
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great service friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Location great walk to beach connected to the mall. Coffee shop right out side. Pool very big. Room had private balcony, big room, nice king size bed. Room had a view of the beach and city, executive longue bid, quite and plenty of food choices and veverages.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank James C
Rudolf T, General Manager at Hilton Pattaya, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear James C,

Warm greetings and thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit at Hilton Pattaya.

We are delighted to read your comments and that you enjoyed the features of our hotel and the service provided by our team members. We do hope to see you return soon as we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Pattaya.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Hotel Pattaya between 18th June to 2nd July... My Husband and I with our Son and his girlfriend. Hotel is situated in the middle of beach road at the central festival shopping plaza. Good location. On arrival we checked into the hotel.. to be told we had to pay a fee of £200.00 each room deposit for the mini bar in our room. We didn't touch the Mini Bar in our room, nor did our Son and his girlfriend. But they took the money off my card. and told me that the money will take three weeks to refund into my account!!!!!!..... I was not happy. We booked this hotel package deal with Southall travel. They failed to let us know this was the Hilton Hotel procedure. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world. including the Hilton at Sharks bay in Sharm... And we can certainly say the deposit was NOT ASKED FOR THERE!!
The Thai prostitutes were able to show their ID cards to reception and were allowed to stay with the punter in the hotel room. Eat the buffet breakfast and use all the hotel facilities. Which you do not expect to happen in the Hilton Hotel!! The noise the girls were making in the rooms with the clients was unacceptable. The housekeeping was sporadic at different times of the day. Room was being cleaned at 7.00pm one evening.... Bit inconvenient. The room was clean and they was plenty of bathroom and shaving items left each day. Did have 2 cockroaches in the toilet room, which had came up from the drain.. Bit nasty in the dead of night. Looked for me shoes if I needed the loo. Pool area was small lovely clean pool. But not enough sunbeds around the pool. There were 5 double sunbeds.. For a large hotel its just not enough! Had to explain to pool attendant the beds should not be reserved buy people who place their towel or book on the bed and then go shopping!!! Not on when your spending money at the pool bar and cant lay and enjoy it! So we removed the items and laid on the beds ourselves. The pool staff said we were not allowed a bottle of our own water or soft drink around the pool... or snacks.... When we complained that others were, they said that they could be flexible!!! Think they wanted a tip... Overall a great time spent at the Hilton. The buffet breakfast is very good. something fro everyone. and the staff pleasant and friendly. Thanks hope this is helpful

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dawn B
Dear Dawn B,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Hilton Pattaya as the hotel of choice for your recent stay and for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are sorry that we were not able to provide you and your family with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your added comments in numerous areas are well noted and have been shared with the Department Heads concerned for improvement.

With this in mind we once again thank you for your feedback and we most certainly do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as our valued guest in the future.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed numerous times since the hotel opened. The Hilton Pattaya is the newest, plushest hotel in Pattaya, with a great location to boot. It unquestionably offers comfortable rooms and great views.

However every time I've stayed, there have been problems that should not be up to the guest to find and resolve. I've experienced the shower flooding the room due to drain clogs, obvious light bulbs out, sliding glass doors off-track and difficult to open, wooden floors with nail heads poking out and creating a snag hazard -- and also with nail heads too recessed creating splinter hazards, busted hot water both in the shower and the sink, no water at all in the shower, sticky floors, broken lighting system causing uncontrolled light flickering... and I'm probably forgetting some. Each time, I've called and complained, and they generally get fixed quickly, but it got to the point where when I check in I resign myself to spending the first few days shaking out the bugs the hotel should never have let creep in, and/or changing rooms. Don't the maids have eyes?

The location is atop a mall that is a hub of activity in the area. That is generally a great plus, but also sometimes problematic. On my most recent stay, the mall decided to start erecting a metal-truss stage at midnight one night. The loud metal clanging went on all night. That is much different from the usual sounds of Pattaya's bars etc. that do drift in (but which I've never found problematic, and in fact even enjoy).

The common areas have started to show wear: dirty hallway carpets, marble stained with human oils in high-use areas such as surrounding elevator controls.

The hotel recently recategorized the 'Plus' rooms, forcing Executive status and thus raising their price by several thousand Baht per night. For a true 5-star experience, I might have rolled with it. But considering the lack of attention to detail, that price differential pushed me into "not worth it" territory.

I'll also note that in all the times I stayed there, not once did anyone ask at check-out how my stay was. I have never had the impression that anyone ever really cared. The hotel is obviously doing well, so I suppose they don't have to.

So... it was nice while it lasted, but I won't be back, at least not for a while.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear tai4de2,

Warm greetings and Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor relating to your consistently stay at Hilton Pattaya, Thailand.

I am disappointed you felt your room did not meet your expectations of what you think a room in a five star hotel should look like. Your objective comments will help us in our quest to constantly improve so that all our valued guests will experience the best possible standards of product and service at our hotel.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Pattaya at some point in the future.