“Nice beach hotel”

Grand Heritage Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #95 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
sydney,aus
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We arrived half past midnight after a long flight and drive from Bkk. having booked two rooms one of which we asked for twin beds. After standing around for abt 15 min we were given keys and had to find our way to the room. It had king sized bed so we went straight back down and asked for twin beds, after much talking between them we were given an inferior room and told they will change in the morning. First impressions not good. But the bad service continued throughout our stay. By the pool we had to go and order food and drinks and when the order was wrong they were rude about it.
On the plus side the hotel is nicely set out with big pool and very spacious rooms.
Its on a quiet setting by the beach and has markets next to it. Also not very far from Jomtien beach if you are a good walker.
Breakfast was not great with again very lazy service.

Room Tip: Lagoon rooms are very nice and you can swim from your terrace.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cleoSydney_aus
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

After a horrible experience at another hotel, I relocated to the heritage. Was welcomed by the friendly staff and a beautiful lobby. Was given a great rate for a lagoon room with pool access. Was overwhelmed by the staff and their kindness and the cleanliness of the rooms. Room was big and hotel whilst it was busy with bus loads coming in and out, rarely had problems with noise. Facilities were amazing pools were endless.
Room service was fast but the food was basic. Didn't worry be because we ate out every night! Market was in walking distance and we were away from the hussle and bussle of the city but close to ride to jomtien beach where we spent every day.
Amazing, will he back for the next trip without a doubt! I'm not staying anywhere else!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Traceylouise47
Banglamung Thailand
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My family have just had a short break at The Heritage and it was a huge disappointment due to very poor levels of service

Good: the hotel itself is new and the rooms are large and clean

Bad: The pool is massive but was dirty with a lot of leaves and stuff floating about, it would not have taken a lot of effort to sort this out and it lets down the whole hotel really

The staff at the pool are not helpful and don't appear to want to actually do any work, if you want anything from the bar pool bar you need to track someone down

The lower level pool bar was closed and the two water slides are pretty much unusable and a bit pointless really

The chairs and umbrellas are left covered and it is left to the guests to unpack the chairs and put up the umbrella's themselves

Breakfast was poor quality and even though there are loads of staff hanging around doing nothing my used plate was left on the table when I went to get some more food as the first choice was cold and not very nice

On check out I was left standing around for 10 minutes why the room staff checked the room I was then presented with a bill of Baht 390 for a broken ashtray 2 small bottles of beer and a bag of crisps, I explained that I did not smoke and that we had broken nothing in the room but this was ignored

In conclusion I would not return to this hotel or recommend it, it is a shame really as the property itself is nice and the pool is huge but it is badly let down by poor service and general lack of attention to detail, for about the same money in the same part of town you can stay at the Ravindra which is a much better experience all around

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Mark S
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We got married in the Grand Heritage Beach Resort on 21st april 2013. A perfect and romantic wedding: big party tents (220 m2) at the beach side under the palmtrees. Perfect buffet, excellent food, beautifull decoration, everything perfect. The hotelstaff was very helpfull and friendly.
We stayed a couple of nights there in very nice spacy rooom, well decorated and good service.
They have beautiful pools, very clean and very big! And the hotel is situted directly on the beach.

Room Tip: Any room is good, depending from the budget.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Theo B
world
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I Google mapped the hotel to ensure that it would be a quiet romantic beachfront location- I really hoped to hear the waves on the beach- not trucks and cars. It's actually in a good beachfront location with only a walking path between the resort and the water. Unfortunately the sounds of nature was blocked out by a exhaust fans from the hotel kitchen.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank superregfrancis
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 9 May 2012

First impression of this hotel is the big open lobby. It is quite nice and if you looking through the lobby to the swimming pool behind, you will see the connected swimming pools next to the beach. I think it is good to take sun bath on the side of the pool too. But I didn’t do the sun bath because I am Thai and most of Thai girls don't like dark skin guy.

When I went into the room I found a very huge space with a nice bathroom. The room is so big as you can fill 3 king size beds, I think. Everything is good but 2 things. First, the bathroom door has unusual sliding door that cannot be locked, second the digital air condition controller is very hard to control.

In addition about the food, the restaurant next to swimming pool has buffet with many choices for you. But when I went there the food was not as good as I expected from this big hotel.

In summary, my overall rating for this hotel is good. I think the room and the nice pool are good enough for me. Next time when I come to Pattaya this hotel is one of my choices.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business