“Nice guesthouse” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tui's Place Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Tui's Place Guest House
Ranked #2 of 509 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Daegu, South Korea
“Nice guesthouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

Its location is really nice and staffs are friendly.
You can feel comfortable and cozy during the stay.
The free internet service is quite good but, need to be improved, like as the speed and connection. I guess the wireless device must be have problem, but, I am not sure.
Anyway, I was happy that I could use my smartphone and computer.

The room cleaning service was quite good, and the maid was really kind and nice. I would like to say thanks to her.
The food in restaurant is ok, too. It seems that they use pretty fresh materials, compared to the near other restaurant.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank greekzor
tuisplace, Owner at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this review, 27 March 2011
Thank you very much for your much welcome critique Khun Jack. This is something we truly appreciate and rest assured, the areas in which you have commented objectively - will be given our full attention.
Thank you too by the way for your compliment about the freshness of our produce and ingredients used in our kitchen. It really makes it all worth while when our valued guests; such as yourself (and your partner Khun Shin of course), pick-up on the fact that nearly everything that is served by Tui's Place (either on the beach or on our terrace restaurant) comes straight and fresh from Pattaya's produce market - early every morning.
Finally, we hope we'll see you back again soon Jack, as it was really great fun having Shin and yourself come stay. We of course very much look forward to seeing Shin return to us at Tui's Place, with a couple of his friends - in December.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
den haag
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 6 weeks, we had a big room with balcony and seaview.
The location is wonderful and quiet and the staff is kind and helpful. Almost every day we had the breakfast and lunch on the terrace of the restaurant. We can recommend this cozy hotel only 5 meter from the beach.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank carnedenhaag
tuisplace, Owner at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
Gentlemen, "Thank you VERY much" for writing what you have. To be honest, it still feels a little strange not seeing your smiling, brown-tanned faces at the table on our terrace where you always sat. But on behalf of EVERYONE here at Tui's Place - we would just like you to know...that "the pleasure of your company was ALL ours" and we look forward to seeing you again later in the year.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

This guesthouse/hotel is right on Dongtan beach and offers easy access to the many bars and restaurants in the burgeoning Jomtien area. Apart from the location there is frankly little to commend this place. There are a host of nearby alternatives at roughly half of the rates charged at Tui's.

The accommodation is basic and the rooms are extremely tired in terms of decor. The premium paid for the sea view cannot really be justified as the view is completely compromised by the trees which nestle outside the guest house. Breakfast is not included in the room rate. You will be charged 140 baht for the bog standard British breakfast. Take my advice and walk five minutes to adjoinng establishments who will only charge you 90 baht for essentially the same food. These places are also offering rooms at a mere 800 baht per night.

The extensive menu whilst passable in terms of quality is again not the best in the area. The staff lack basic attentiveness. Three of us ordered lunch which turned into a mini pantomime as they got the order mixed up. Whilst not unfriendly, teh staff do not go out of their way to make youm feel welcome.

Room rates in Feb 2011 were 1500 and 1300 respectively. Frankly you can find 'proper' hotel accommodation in pattaya at this price.

In short, Tui's has a great location but is over-priced and has a distinctly tired feel to it. Look elswehere would be my advice.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank ThaiTraveller67
tuisplace, Owner at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this review, 12 March 2011
First of all ThaiTraveller67, I would like to thank you for taking the time to critique my guest house. Contrary to what you might think, it is truly appreciated.

If I may start my response, I would like to thank you for pointing out our great location. Tui's Place being a gay run establishment, there can be no finer place to own a guest house than right-on Pattaya's gay beach. I would have to take issue with you though about your "host of nearby alternatives" comments, as this "host" of very respectable establishments "nearby" is in fact catering predominantly for a much different group of clientele - hence the price difference.

As for your remark about our accommodation being "basic and extremely tired in terms of decor"; well, I must confess - this is a fairly difficult challenge to overcome, as with everything where “personal preference” is an issue, some guests are going to love what we do, while others frankly - are not. We regret therefore that we did not accommodate you in one of our Rooms that were recently wallpapered and thoroughly painted throughout (about 4-months ago in fact) and had new curtains and a brand new (flat screen) television and DVD-player installed.

If I may turn now to your comment pertaining to paying extra ("The premium..." you say) for a Sea-side Room. Again, I would humbly have to disagree with your assertion that the view per se is "completely compromised". Certainly it is partially occluded, I would agree to that but only by enough pine and palm trees necessary, in order to provide the welcome shade and much comfort to all patrons who enjoy coming to Dongtan Beach so.

Swiftly moving-on then to what you have written about our "Breakfast". This is true, currently our "Breakfast is not included" within the Room Rate. We do this because we like to give you; our valued guest, the choice - the freedom to look around and visit other establishments if; once again, our menu does not suit your “personal preference”. By the way, we appreciate that one or two places are cheaper than that one menu item you singled-out for a price comparison; however, baht-for-baht we actually have some of the most economical prices; on our extensive 144-item menu – in the whole of Pattaya.

Now specifically addressing your somewhat peculiarly worded compliment regarding our "extensive menu" and the fact that although it may have been close, we did in fact pass, what sounds to be like some very high standards - when it comes to critiquing food. Thank you for that. Believe me when I say, I have already discussed your critique Re: My Staff's Actions - that afternoon and of course, we WILL work harder on improving even more - the quality of our food we prepare for our valued guests.

Finally, even though Tui's Place wasn't for you, because I notice 6, maybe 7 times somewhat disparaging remarks about the price of "this" or the cost of "that"; if I may be so bold ThaiTraveller67, may I most respectfully please take this opportunity to state categorically, that having two beach resorts and one boutique hotel as our neighbors, we are most certainly never, EVER considered to be "overpriced" - in fact it's usually quite the opposite. Thank you again though for your critique.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

What an amazing time I had with the people who run Tui's Place.Their staff could have been a little more friendly and made some eye contact.But maybe it was just me.
Booking was so easy and the time they took to make sure I was being taken care of was perfect.
I feel I've made some great friends and think about them often.
Best Place to stay for the gay traveller.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank joseph237
tuisplace, Owner at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
Hello Joe,
To you Mister fun and friendly New Yorker guy, we are glad you came stay with us and we remember with much fondness how you enjoyed your very first beach vacation - without the rain! LOL. :-)