“ill be back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tui's Place Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Tui's Place Guest House
Ranked #2 of 509 Pattaya B&B and Inns
palm desert, ca
“ill be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

this is a great location right on the beach in pattaya. comfortable room with a balcony. its my second time here and i would come back. ate lunch here too and it was good. the only drawback is trying to get the suitcases upo the stairs

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sgtwrench

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I had the pleasure or staying at Tui's Place for two weeks.
Arriving late in the night (1am) due to flight delays I was greeted by Neil (Tui's friend) with a welcoming smile. Just what I needed after one of those days. We went directly to my room (Seaview room C4).

I had breakfast everyday and lunch on the beach most days. The food was always fresh and enjoyed. My Thai friend also liked all the ate. I'm not a fan of chilli and found many options to my taste.

I was always made to feel welcome and found Tui, Neil and all their staff to be very hospitable and genuine.

The location of Tui's is directly on the gay beach of Dong Tan. But the beach is not a party beach so no loud noise.

I had a two hour massage every day just infront of Tui's. At a cost of 600 Thai Baht + tip, about $30.00 AUD. I absolutely recommend Teerayuth Suntea (he's the best) his hands are just amazing.

Finally, I have been to Pattaya 7 times now and stayed at The Bondi, The Room Club Hotel and Avalon Resort. In my professional opinion ( I have been working in Food and Beverage management for 30 years) Tui's Place is by far the best for value, friendliness and overall experience.

If you are a Gay or Lesbian traveler and want a wonderful guesthouse on the beach that is safe and friendly stay at
Tui's Place.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank David H
Toulon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

For 10 years, I come once or twice a year at Tui's Place.
The location is excellent, on the most beautiful beach of the area (and the cars are prohibited from 10:00 to 17:00...).
Staff is friendly and the stay is really relaxing

Room Tip: Of course, prefer the room facing the sea. The "A" sery is the best : my favorites are A3...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Lorenzaccio2A
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

An excellent choice in its category. Clean, friendly, and perfectly located on Jomtien. The staff speaks good English and everyone is cheerful -- from the desk clerk to Tui himself.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cpnyny
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

And a perfect location right on the gay beach, As other reviewers have said, it's a simple place, but I always enjoy staying here. Nice breakfast and the best coffee in Jomtien!

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room -- the floor doesn't matter.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davidmny
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is my first ever review on Trip Advisor which should say something in and of itself.

I've visited Pattaya 5 times in the last 7 years. I like to try different gay-friendly places but now I will return to Tui's Place. I arrived at 10am, jet-lagged, and tired and found my room not to be ready which is understandable at that hour. John quickly offered me a smaller room to nap in until my room was ready...at no extra charge! What a way to be greeted and feel welcome. When my room was ready (ocean view with balcony on second floor) I found it clean, roomy, with an amazing view of the gay beach directly in front of me.

The staff are friendly and always willing to be helpful. Neil (title of Tui's friend), more like the manager, was the kindest and funniest "concierge" I've ever met in Thailand. I only wish he was around when I first started to visit!!! He offered great tips on places to go from food to shows to bars, and even went out of his way to introduce me to other guests while enjoying an American breakfest in their open air dining room which overlooks the beach.

The area has a boardwalk-like feeling, closed to traffic during peak day hours. It's a great strectch to go for a morning walk or jog and when you are ready for the beach, it's 6 steps to the sand! The security guard comes on duty at 6pm and is there throughout the night so I felt safe bringing guests back to my room. And I enjoyed the intamacy and privacy of a smaller gay-friendly B&B to the larger hotels where u are just a number.

You can take a group taxi in those pick up trucks for 10 baht to get to Boystown or Sunee Plaza or if in a rush take a motor taxi for 50 baht. I did both.

And I will let you in on a well-kept secret. Tui's guests have access to a private pool just a few steps out their back door for those who want a dip in fresh, CLEAN water. The pool is part of the Condo Complex behind Tui's. Plenty of lounges and not crowded. A nice escape after a day on the beach.

Overall, staff, location, pool, safety and cleanliness make Tui's the best value in Pattaya. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the beach offer best views.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank M S
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

I got this place, because it was right along the beach in Jomtien. I didn't want to stay in Pattaya itself, as the water would be dirty. Dongtan Beach is clean enough for swimming. I was surprised that the beach was crowded. The baht buses don't pass here, as the street is only for pedestrians. You need to get down at the corner of Thappaya Road, near a 7-11 and a police station, then it's a 5-7 minute walk to the hotel. During the day, most of Dongtan Beach is covered with parasols and deck chairs that you will have to rent out for 100 baht. If you want to go to a place where lounging and sunbathing is free, there is a bare patch of sand just beyond the Rabbit Resort, heading towards the direction of Pattaya Park.

The hotel itself is simple. The lobby is small, and looks more like someone's living room. Lots of phallic (!) decor strewn around the place, but it's cozy overall. We got a standard room at the third floor, so it wasn't facing the water - but it was OK. No lifts though, and the stairs were narrow, so if you're carrying large, heavy suitcases, tough luck. There was a balcony, and lots of sunshine. The bed was large and comfy. Again, there were interesting furnishings, and bookcases with books - again I felt like I was staying over in someone's house. What I found weird though was the fact that the bathroom had a door at one end, then going through it towards the shower, it's wide open! A bit quirky, but manageable. There's no breakfast included, so you have to go out. I was disappointed that there weren't that many local stalls nearby, just a lot of European-style restaurants. If you want relatively cheap Thai food, it's a 10 minute walk south towards the main road along Jomtien Beach.

If you want to go to Pattaya, it's 20-30 baht ride on the songthaew or "baht bus", and will take you around 10-15 minutes.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the beach are good value - much quieter. In fact, if you had a room at the fr...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple