“Best Khao Tom Muu....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Tui's Place Guest House
Ranked #3 of 530 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Hastings, New Zealand
“Best Khao Tom Muu....”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Situated on a terrace overlooking a quiet walking street and Dongtan beach, this is a great place for breakfast whether your needs are European or Thai.......
A comprehensive menu served throughout the day on a lovely cool verandah terrace, or under the umbrellas on the beach, very good coffee and nice cold beer.....Aroi maak maak!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hastings, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have to admit this was not my first visit to Tui's Place (I have stayed here 6 times now) so it was no surprise that I was greeted as a long-time best friend....but that is exactly the reason I come back; Classic Thai warmth and friendly service every time.....everyone gets a cool towel and water on arrival.
Situated right on Dongtan Beach, it is in the middle of the greater Pattaya Tourist Area but in a quiet beachfront walking street. In the thick of it all, but secluded enough for peace and quiet when you want it......
Small and personal, a quaint 1930's (I think?) deco style guesthouse well maintained, tastefully decorated and fully serviced, this place has everything you need, at a very reasonable price. From simply chilling on your balcony with a cup of coffee watching the talent on the beach, to a quick bus trip to the action for which Pattaya is so well known, it is all here and Khun Neil on hand to set you in the right direction.
The cafe restaurant on the terrace over-looking the beach serves a great breakfast [the BEST khao tom muu!], good coffee, cold beer and meals throughout the day.
I do not visit Pattaya every time I am in Thailand, but when I do come back, I will definitely stay at Tui's. Thanks Guys, you are awesome!!!

Room Tip: Beach-front rooms are the best.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We found this to be the best beach resort. Quaint and small enough to enable the staff to give us detailed attention. Food is great. But the location is most appealing. The well-informed and gracious staff made us feel like family. It's why we continue to return to Tui's. For over a decade it's our getaway destination.

• Stayed September 2013
tuisplace, Owner at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you Khun John for such a wonderful critique. Thank you too for uploading those two photographs. My "fave" by the way is you and Khun Koki-san (in playful mood) enjoying breakfast. Marvellous and we look forward to seeing both of you again - very soon. :-)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hi all, I have just spent two weeks as a guest of Tui's, and all I can say is what truly amazing experience, Its been a long time since I received such hospitality awarded towards me at a level delivered with genuine and sincere love for what they do, From my initial e-mail enquire about making a reservation to Neil waving me off at the Pattaya Bus Stations on my last day I was made to feel special in everyway. There is nothing budget about Tui's expect the great value price, the quality of the rooms which are cleaned daily come equipped with satellite TV, air conditioning, Internet Wi-Fi (wireless), tea/coffee maker, digital safe, highest standard bed linen and towels and of course that view from your private balcony of all the comings and goings on dongtan beach, while drinking your early morn coffee or something stronger late afternoon what else can you ask for. Neil is amazing with his vast knowledge of all the to do things for the lonely traveller, which on this trip I was until my arrival day one at Tui's Place, were I felt I was among friends having a fantastic holiday. Big big thanks you Neil for everything and for those who are considering staying here, give it a go and you will understand why I have rated Tui's Place and Khum Neil so highly..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TROYBELFAST
tuisplace, Owner at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
It was truly our pleasure Khun Troy to have you patronise my guest house and Khun Neil and I very much look forward to greeting you once again on Jomtien (a.k.a. Dongtan) beach - next September. :-)

Paris, France
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

if you're looking to get away near the beach at an affordable place, then that's the place to stay. I have stayed there few time but on this 3rd trip, I asked the owner if Internet was faster than few years ago, as the last time it was horrible , I had to go out and look for Internet outside. working with clients worldwide while on vacation , I do work on the middle of the night pretty often . going out at 3 am for an Internet shop was just impossible. so I wanted to make sure before I book the room, that they had fixed their Internet . owner said it has been and that it was much faster than before . I said I would book but would leave If the Internet wasn't good .

arrived there at 7pm from Bangkok , and there were nobody to greet us. didn't even know if I had to pay for driver as it was booked via the hotel . so paid and looked inside hotel, in the kitchen and finally found someone. gave me the keys and we had to bring our own bags upstairs (4 floors) . I mean we had to do it all. I was surprised as it wasnt like that before but I guess arriving at 7 pm is too late as everyone was gone already. he didn't asked for passport , neither for credit cards, just gave us the rooms and we were left there.

in my room, of course Internet wasn't right . tested it and it was under 100kb . on 2 nd floor my friend had same issue, had a hard time connecting to the network. went to dinner , came back , tried again, same thing. I just left and booked an hotel elsewhere as I just didn't want to stress with it.

came back the next day, and paid for the 2 rooms , which we didn't used , didn't touch anything, and we were asked to pay at least 3 nights each. I said I didn't want as I made it clear if I didn't have Internet, I would t stay. I only paid one night.

also there were no security guard this time . yes we had a key to open the door, but yanking hard on it was enough to open it.

I'm not here to talk bad, that's a cheap place, great location, and rooms are huge. if you're just there on a tight budget . then go for it

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank stephanmignon
tuisplace, General Manager at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Khun Stephan,

I am VERY sorry that you had a bad experience at Tui's Place. :-(

The problem basically is that "Tui's Place" is two businesses rolled into one. Khun Jean and his team take care of the "A" and "B" class room and Khun Tui, the "C" and "D" class rooms. Most unfortunately, as you were in Room A4 (you weren't to know this at the time), the staff on Khun Jean's side are in need of more training. As for the Internet connectivity problem, their are two separate SSIDs ("Tui's Place FREE WiFi" and "Aquarius") at the guest house but "Aquarius" was the only one operating at the time. I know Tui was most frantic about the situation; but most unfortunately Khun Stephan - I was in hospital, so was unable to get discharged at that time to assist.

I act as Tui's de facto reservations manager, concierge and IT guy, so being in hospital, I was unable to notify Khun Tui of your arrival Khun Stephan, as I know Tui would have most definitely been on those steps to greet you.

Bad timing then I'm afraid, but writing this...this was totally, TOTALLY our fault and I apologise unreservedly for your disappointment.
Chico, California
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Try not to tell too many people about Tui's Place. Why ruin a perfect situation. This place is a Gay Vacation Dream Come True. Keep in mind it is not a chain hotel. Its a guest house but Tui and Neil put the GUEST in all capital letters. I can't think of another Gay hotel that is actually ON a Gay Beach. Pattaya is noisy and crowded but Tui's Place is nestled on a small beach road literally two minutes from transportation into the downtown and night spot areas.
The rooms are charming and spacious (spend the few extra Bhat and go 'seaside') clean and furnished in 'casual beach Thai'. Cable, great A/C and a comfortable homey feel. Restaurant on premises that churns out great Thai and Western food from breakfast to early evening looking out over the ocean at very reasonable prices. Gay beach directly off the hotel lobby (ask for Mr. Rit's part of the beach; cutest guys and best service). WARNING: there is no elevator so if you have mobility issues this won't be your place. But the stairs are not a real hindrance. HUGE gorgeous swimming pool that belongs to high rise condo's behind guest house available for Tui's Place guests. Have no idea how Tui managed that but it makes the stay perfect.
The real draw, however, is Neil and Tui. They are Pattaya's answer to Abbot and Costello; Laurel and Hardy; Lucy and Desi !!!!! They are incredible to watch as they tend to guest needs. Bravo guys. You have a wonderful spot in Paradise and you deserve the Kudo's.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gary C
Thank you Khun Gary for your very kind remarks and Khun Neil and I hope your enjoyed your recent "second visit" to Tui's Place since discovering the "Best Kept Secret In Thailand", as much as did - your first visit. :-)

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

Dear All,
I had the most wonderful of Christmas' and New Year's. Thanks to Tui, Neil and all the Staff of Tui's Place. This being my second stay I was delighted to see the amazing service continues.

I had the opportunity to have many conversations with both Tui and Neil and found to be great company.

A big thank you to Qanta and her Team at the beach concession in front of Tui's. Cold drinks served with a genuine smile, always.

Food from Tui's kitchen served on the patio and on the beach was excellent.

All in all a very care free break. Just what was required. Thank you again.

Teerayuth Suntea (Abdul), thank you to you. King of the beach massage. I am still floating. Do yourself a favor and try to get a booking. He's always busy.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank David H
A long, LONG time in responding Khun David I know but it was truly our great pleasure seeing your smiling face at breakfast everyday. I hope you will grace Tui's Place with your patronage again some day. Until then...thank you very, very much for such a lovely review.