“Don't stay there”

Ranked #26 of 514 Pattaya B&B and Inns
North of England
“Don't stay there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

I checked into this property on 8 December for 4 nights, but only stayed for three. I stayed in a so-called "executive" room on the first floor. The air-conditioning wasn't working in the first room they gave me. After giving it half an hour to kick in, I eventually asked for another room to be moved next door to 113. The room and the aircon were just fine until the evening hours started. The noise from the street and the club downstairs was unbearable. The first floor is located directly above the nightclub. The next day I met the manager by chance and asked for a higher level floor. He agreed to move me to the third floor and upgrade the room for THB400 per day. Everything was fine until later that evening when I got in around 1am. The room was hot as the aircon wasn't working. I had to do with the ceiling fans. The next morning I called reception and they sent up a maintenance man. He said the aircon was iced up and needed a thorough cleaning. Three rooms later and I still have problems. The next morning I saw the manager again by chance on the street and relayed my concerns about the aircon. I could see he was annoyed that I was effectively 'complaining' again and exclaimed: 'I'll give you a refund now for your last night as you haven't been happy since you checked in'. I was completely taken aback by his attitude and said I'll give the maintenance people a chance to resolve it first. When I returned 2 hours later there were 2 maintenance men working on the aircon. They had the whole unit almost dismantled. At that point I secured another hotel on the same street and checked out. When checking out the guy on reception got his sums wrong and tried to offer me a fraction of what they owed me in refund. After doing the sums for him he agreed to pay the correct amount. I should also add that one of the pillow cases was soiled with what looked like blood in the second room. Despite putting this on the floor it was simply placed back on the bed.

When checking into this hotel you pay the entire amount upfront. This is unusual for Thailand. So, be cautious. I also noted that when checking out he gave me cash refund rather than refund on the card I used. I found this to be unusual as well.

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. The staff weren’t that friendly either and I think I've said enough about the manager, Mr Anderson's performance.

So, my advice is if you want to stay at this hotel then be prepared for some shocks. Take earplugs. Better still don't stay there.

Room Tip: The hiigher floor room from street level and check the aircon works.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank kevinjames

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have now stayed here 4 times, I think the location is excellent, the staff (especially Graham & Glen) are hospitable, helpful and welcoming.
We stayed in the 2 bedroom penthouse, and it is huge! Two very good sized bedrooms one with a dressing area and lots of storage, the other with more storage and a little office area/desk. Large bathrooms (all marble) which were very clean with complimentary toiletries. The penthouse is wonderfully decorated. The living room has a very big flat screen TV and DVD player along with a sound system so you can play your music. Fully equipped kitchen. Great outdoor space.
Highly recommend staying in this hotel, especially in the penthouse.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

The hotel is moderately nice. It looks kind of small but the rooms are just perfect for friends and couples. Though, the receptionists are less friendly than expected. They have clubs nearby and the beach is just few walks away. So if you are looking for nice place to stay, should consider this one.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Raleigh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Copa offers a great location...so convenient to all the Boyztown action. My room was good sized and well-appointed (except for the horribly hard bed), and the bathroom was great! But what really bothered me was the lack of service. The housekeeping staff was great (friendly and efficient), but the guys working reception were so busy with their iPhones they had no time for simple pleasantries and quite honestly did not seem to know what they were doing with regards to running a hotel. I had the feeling they were bar boys who had been promoted beyond their competence OR no time or energy had been invested to train them. There was never any management presence during my entire stay. I hate staying somehwere where I'm taken for granted and my business is not appreciated. On my next stay I will surely move across the street to Ambiance where they offer a more hospitable experience. One more thing...if Copa is to allow smoking in the rooms the management needs to figure out a way to properly ventilate the hallways and to properly de-odorize guest rooms between guests.

Room Tip: go for a room on the 3rd floor or higher to stand the best chance of escaping the music from the Cop...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DDBRaleigh
Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayd a week just before Xmas,great location for the bars and clubs,shops all on your door step. Short walk to get the baht bus to jomtien beach each day.My room 209 was clean and comfy bed (no view) quiet all the time I was in the room.big shower.a little dated furniture but that would not put me off going back again.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank jaydonny
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We went here in August '2011.

This hotel is in the middle of Boys town..a gay friendly area with gay dance bars..The photographs of the hotel appear it to be big and grand whereas it is quite small and narrow...so they are misleading..

The show bar below goes on till 2am and we had our room on the first floor...so the racket and noise was very disturbing ... I honestly feel they should sound proof the walls a little better.

The service....reception and the staff are nice,friendly and good at their work. The boys at the reception counter even took us for a little excursion of Pattaya.

Special mention for Mr.Banks & Mr.Aee they really made our trip to Pattaya very nice by being extremely helpful and really good city guides.. The hotel should value and appreciate their services.

Room Tip: Well all the rooms seem clean and tidy :-) just try for a room on a higher floor so that the noise f...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank SktPhotos
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

stayed here for 2 nights bang in the center of boys town.big clean rooms and big bathrooms.
Room had a mini bar and 2 television sets 1 in the bedroom and other in the living area.
good clean bed linen and comfortable bed.
windows sound proof so you dont here all that music once in your room.
Negative Points ,
staff not well trained
no 1 seems to understand English
No Breakfast included in the room rate.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends