“Fed up of Thai Food thank God for Gregs kitchen” 5 of 5 bubbles

Greg's Kitchen
Ranked #222 of 911 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, European, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Fed up of Thai Food thank God for Gregs kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

So your on holiday in Thailand and you've got abit fed up of Thai food and need a good meal then you can do no wrong by coming here !
I'm a regular of Gregs for about 15 years and always come here on my visits with my 2 daughters and don't remember ever having a bad meal and I've tried a lot of his menu ! From the best English Breakfast in Pattaya with a proper big mug of Tea or coffee a great Sunday roast or one of his huge helpings of Spagetti Bol to name a few ! Thai food is of course on the menu too !
Another reason I come back is I like Greg and his wife too and although I know my way around this place as I've been coming here for 15 years I still get some useful tips and ideas from him about the latest going ons in Pattaya. On this latest trip I've found his staff friendly and the women in the kitchen cooks a fab breakfast so I would recommend coming here to anyone especially if you have fussy kids like me and don't want them eating Macdonalds everyday.
Just returned from having a great roast Lamb there.
Thanks Greg

Tim ( Norwich fan )

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tim H

Essex, United Kingdom
“Not very good!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and myself was recommended this restaurant, overall food wasn't great but was edible. My friend ordered steak which was mainly fat and hardly any meat when we approached the owner he said that's what steak is like! We might be from Essex but we are far from ditzy!! 65 baht for a can of soda complete rip off! Spaghetti bolognaise was nice but was small portion! I will say thought if you fancy a nice plate of chips then this is the place to go they were lovely. Wasn't impressed with how owner spoke to his staff, it was extremely unprofessional! Wouldn't recommend it!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Katym1989
Essex, United Kingdom
“Grumpy service, extremely overpriced!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Food was reasonably okay although exceptionally overpriced for what you get! 65 Thai baht for a can of soda, and the steak was full of gristle, although the chips/fries were lovely lucky we ordered them! Never had any beer in stock and service was poor and staff was miserable! Not worth a visit unless you fancy a nice plate of chips!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Will not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Very disappointed with this place
On entering & being seated my wife & i ordered a Chang beer each, there were none. So we ordered a Singer beer,there were none
Both were on the Drinks list on menu,but obviously not in their fridge.
However, right across the road was a 7 eleven. It would have taken two mins for Greg or for him to send a member of his staff to pop over and grab some but he did not. I bet it did not even enter his mind to do so either,so we had a small coke each instead
I ordered a chicken vindaloo with rice & the wife ordered a cheese Panini.
The curry was either out of a tin or a cheap cook in sauce out of a bottle & tasted nothing like any vindaloo that i have ever tasted before & the rice was more Thai style rice than Indian!
Now for the the cheese Panini that my wife had chosen.
They should have just called it a Panini as there was almost no cheese in it whatsoever & was bland & unseasoned..... It came with half a doz chips & a bit of salad.
We honestly thought it was a starter & no way should it have been in the mains section on the menu.
Worst of all though was the price. Curry & rice was 295 baht. Panini was an incredible 395 baht & the cokes were 65 baht each! That is over 15 pound in English money & therefor very poor value!
Really cant see this place being around for much longer if it continues down this road

• 2 of 5 bubbles
“never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

had a burger from here, which was dripping in fat, worst of all, the owner just said, these things happen

Visited January 2014