“Home from home food, Pattaya 2nd Road, North”
Review of Greg's Kitchen

Greg's Kitchen
Ranked #239 of 935 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: European, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Hong Kong, China
“Home from home food, Pattaya 2nd Road, North”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I popped into Greg's kitchen diner everyday for my five days in North Pattaya. Very easy to get to, a good host and good service. We (a party of four) came by car one evening and parking very nearby. However, walking (north end of 2nd Road) or taxi is better.
Greg's wife is in the kitchen and her homemade soups are simply the best I have ever had. Overall, good value, a good selection of English and Thai foods and currys (and the deserts are worth dipping into eg in my case the apple pie and ice cream). I regularly had the all day breakfast (all in and trimmings - generous portions) and my friends ate - the steaks, thai dishes.
Fact we/I ate there everyday says enough.
May be slightly cheaper places, but you get what you pay for and this is good value all considered - eg quality, freshness, prices, portions, taste, service etc.
The three thai ladies/girls serving were well trained, attentive and polite - it is a family business, with Greg's wife the chef and their daughter helping out. By eating here you are putting back into a long-term Thai and local business.
It is located opposite the Tiffany's Ladyboys' Show (other side of road - 2 mins) and right next to the usual mix of pool bars, music joints and trinket shops. Are suggestions the location may move in early 2015 - same business, staff and menu, but new location in Naklua road, North Pattaya; 15 min walk away or 5 min on a bahtbus.
Overall, very relaxed and a home from home.
[Shame about the host's choice of football team - Spurs: but nothing is perfect].

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank patrick m

Andersen Air Force Base, null, Guam
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

A true gem. Very, very good food. When you want something different from the everyday Thai food...try this restaurant. Authentic British dishes, Indian dishes and even Thai dishes.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank KRush217
London, United Kingdom
“Fed up of Thai Food thank God for Gregs kitchen”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

So your on holiday in Thailand and you've got abit fed up of Thai food and need a good meal then you can do no wrong by coming here !
I'm a regular of Gregs for about 15 years and always come here on my visits with my 2 daughters and don't remember ever having a bad meal and I've tried a lot of his menu ! From the best English Breakfast in Pattaya with a proper big mug of Tea or coffee a great Sunday roast or one of his huge helpings of Spagetti Bol to name a few ! Thai food is of course on the menu too !
Another reason I come back is I like Greg and his wife too and although I know my way around this place as I've been coming here for 15 years I still get some useful tips and ideas from him about the latest going ons in Pattaya. On this latest trip I've found his staff friendly and the women in the kitchen cooks a fab breakfast so I would recommend coming here to anyone especially if you have fussy kids like me and don't want them eating Macdonalds everyday.
Just returned from having a great roast Lamb there.
Thanks Greg

Tim ( Norwich fan )

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tim H
Essex, United Kingdom
“Not very good!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and myself was recommended this restaurant, overall food wasn't great but was edible. My friend ordered steak which was mainly fat and hardly any meat when we approached the owner he said that's what steak is like! We might be from Essex but we are far from ditzy!! 65 baht for a can of soda complete rip off! Spaghetti bolognaise was nice but was small portion! I will say thought if you fancy a nice plate of chips then this is the place to go they were lovely. Wasn't impressed with how owner spoke to his staff, it was extremely unprofessional! Wouldn't recommend it!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Katym1989
Essex, United Kingdom
“Grumpy service, extremely overpriced!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Food was reasonably okay although exceptionally overpriced for what you get! 65 Thai baht for a can of soda, and the steak was full of gristle, although the chips/fries were lovely lucky we ordered them! Never had any beer in stock and service was poor and staff was miserable! Not worth a visit unless you fancy a nice plate of chips!

• Visited March 2014