“One for the Boys”
Review of LK The Empress

LK The Empress
Ranked #49 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Empress is a stunning hotel to walk into, if it were in many other cities around the world it would be at least twice the price! The room was excellent with everything needed being supplied including free bottled water each day. All the staff I met were friendly and polite and the positioning across the road from the beach is good. It is surrounded by market stalls which are great to walk around, offering bargains as long as you barter. I think of Pattaya as more of a man’s city but would recommend this hotel to anyone. I have already booked for later in the year!

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alan P
LK_Management_Team, Sales Coordinator at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2015

Dear Alan P,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at LK The Empress and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is indeed a true pleasure to read that you had a wonderful time and likewise appreciated our service.Our team feels very encouraged by your positive feedback an we try the best to meet guest expectation and create a memorable stay for them.

Thank you again for booking us and we are looking forward to welcome you soon again.

There are newer reviews for LK The Empress

Reviewed 25 May 2014

the hotel have for me the best location for the price (2600 baht/night) and really the rooms are top!
very good bed nearly like marriot and the bathroom is 5 star.
the pool is great, ok i missed the pool guard but still ok.
the breakfast buffet is loveless not really i looking for but ok to be incl in the cheap room rates.

Room Tip: standard rooms are ok. i was there 2 times in this may and last time in 2012 there i got beach view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank planetflyer
LK_Management_Team, Sales Coordinator at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2015

Dear Planetflyer,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your nice review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our location,room and facilities.

We hope to be the first choice for you when you come to visit Pattaya next time.

Looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Right on beach road close to everything. Extensive breakfast buffet in an open area across from the sea. Decent exercise room. Good internet in the room. Two computers in the lobby are very fast.

Dislike-- the bathroom is so dark it's difficult to shave.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank clsned

Dear Clsned,

It was a pleasure for us to welcome you at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful feedback.We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time here.

Thank you for the information regarding the light in the bath room which will be taken into consideration.

We pledge to serve you the best service during your next visit.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

It was due to be my 3rd stay at this hotel. The prior 2 times I had enjoyed it even though the service was rough around the edges. This time I was checking in at 10am due to flight. Understandably my room was not ready. I was given the option of a downgrade which I took as ready for a sleep. I was in the room for 5 minutes pulled the bed sheets back for a nap and found a bed full of ants and other insects!!! Safe to say I left immediately demanded a refund as I had pre paid. I went to the Amari Tower and had a wonderful stay. I will never use the LK brand again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A

Dear Michael A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback after your staying with us and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have an experienced in our service.

We pledge to improve and prevent similar problems occurring in the future and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

CS@LKPATTAYA.COM

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from Friday 18th til Friday 25th April. The hotel looks nice however it's not worth the price at all. I had bugs in my room they came up the sink apparently! Leave the plug in was the hotel answer. I didn't really press them on it as I was looking for a quiet life.
I'm not keen on the hotel design. Except for the reception all corridors by rooms are open to the outside resulting in insects and heat.
I have always left a daily tip for the maid in Thailand (5 years of visiting) this tends to help ensure a decent level of service I feel. On the day I forgot to leave this tip my room wasn't cleaned properly, towels weren't changed and water wasn't replenished. I didn't bother to complain as I felt that I would regret it next room cleaning.
I had room service the following day and when I paid the 220 baht bill (50 surcharge for room service) with 300 baht the girl almost ran out of the room in her hurry to not give change.
At this point I had been planning on staying here 3rd May til 10th May. I cancelled and have changed to lk renaissance instead. If my disappointment ended here I'd have dropped the matter and not made a review.
The icing on the cake of my stay here however came on checkout. I had a taxi waiting so had limited time to argue unfortunately. I was presented with a bill for condoms! I disputed this having not touched any minibar items (family mart in lobby was way cheaper.) The receptionists method of resolving the dispute was to screech "condom" loudly and repeatedly until public embarrassment would have forced me to pay to shut her up. I like to think I would have stood on principle but I had to go do paid. But I thought I would submit this review to help vent my disappointment in the hotel.
My top tip - have them clear all minibar items before you take the room. The other niggles are ignorable but public extortion will almost certainly taint your holiday enjoyment.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank R0b_G_2014

Dear R0b_G_2014,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write your feedback after you stay with us.We apologize for any inconvenient you've faced at our hotel,your complaint had sent to the manager for rectify now and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

CS@LKPATTAYA.COM

Reviewed 30 April 2014

i was there one and half year back. staff was good and soft spoken . rooms and toilet were clean.room service little slow.
best thing it's very near to walking street, and lot of pubs and eating places nearby.
rooms were big but air conditioner was not as effective as it should be according to thai weather.can surely think of staying again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sahilkhurana
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our first contact with the hotel was not great.
The staff at reception where absolutely not friendly and where rude.
We wait for more than 10 minutes at check in before they even said a word.
The hotel by itself is good, very good situation on beach road, nearby Walking Street.
The swimming pool is not so big, but is nice.
Our room was nice and big.
The cleanliness was not so good. Hat 2 cockroaches in our room and a lot of ants (8 floor)
The hotel was also very hot inside. No airco in hotel. Only airco on the rooms and lobby.
The restaurant was outside (hot!, even in the morning)
The breakfast was excellent.
Even as couple we hat a great time in Pattaya and we will come back.
But we will try another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple