“Great hotel Location right off the beach and minutes from walking street”
Review of LK The Empress

LK The Empress
Ranked #52 of 465 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel was amazing, comfortable, nice view, well maintained, with an extremely diverse free breakfast. The only down side is the concierge seemed to scheme with the rentals ie: jet ski, scooter, etc. so I would beware of renting anything. The 24 hour massage is a sign covering up for a "happy" 24 hour service, when ordering a massage make sure to describe you only want a massage.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the extra cash, side rooms give you little to no view of additional build...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeremy C
LK_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Jeremy C
Thank you for being our guest and staying wit us at LK The Empress Hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and accomodations. We look forward to you return and thank you again for the kind comments of "Great Hotel"

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

4 nights in beach front room which had the benefit of a practical balcony for sitting and taking in the excellent view off the balcony.
Some of the room decor and furniture is starting to decline particularly in the bathroom where the vanity unit furmiture seems to be breaking down and in need of refurnishment. However overall an enjoyable stay

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank H4623HNdavidw
LK_Management_Team, Sales Coordinator at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2015

Dear David W,

Thank you so much for coming to visit us and thank you for your feedback.We are pleased to listen to your feedback and willing to improve on the part that we fell short on your expectations.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked the excellent view of our balcony.

Regarding the problem that you've faced at our hotel,we apologize for that and pledge to improve and serve you the best service on your next visit.

Looking forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Empress is a stunning hotel to walk into, if it were in many other cities around the world it would be at least twice the price! The room was excellent with everything needed being supplied including free bottled water each day. All the staff I met were friendly and polite and the positioning across the road from the beach is good. It is surrounded by market stalls which are great to walk around, offering bargains as long as you barter. I think of Pattaya as more of a man’s city but would recommend this hotel to anyone. I have already booked for later in the year!

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alan P

Dear Alan P,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at LK The Empress and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is indeed a true pleasure to read that you had a wonderful time and likewise appreciated our service.Our team feels very encouraged by your positive feedback an we try the best to meet guest expectation and create a memorable stay for them.

Thank you again for booking us and we are looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

the hotel have for me the best location for the price (2600 baht/night) and really the rooms are top!
very good bed nearly like marriot and the bathroom is 5 star.
the pool is great, ok i missed the pool guard but still ok.
the breakfast buffet is loveless not really i looking for but ok to be incl in the cheap room rates.

Room Tip: standard rooms are ok. i was there 2 times in this may and last time in 2012 there i got beach view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank planetflyer
LK_Management_Team, Sales Coordinator at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2015

Dear Planetflyer,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your nice review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our location,room and facilities.

We hope to be the first choice for you when you come to visit Pattaya next time.

Looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Right on beach road close to everything. Extensive breakfast buffet in an open area across from the sea. Decent exercise room. Good internet in the room. Two computers in the lobby are very fast.

Dislike-- the bathroom is so dark it's difficult to shave.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank clsned

Dear Clsned,

It was a pleasure for us to welcome you at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful feedback.We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time here.

Thank you for the information regarding the light in the bath room which will be taken into consideration.

We pledge to serve you the best service during your next visit.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

It was due to be my 3rd stay at this hotel. The prior 2 times I had enjoyed it even though the service was rough around the edges. This time I was checking in at 10am due to flight. Understandably my room was not ready. I was given the option of a downgrade which I took as ready for a sleep. I was in the room for 5 minutes pulled the bed sheets back for a nap and found a bed full of ants and other insects!!! Safe to say I left immediately demanded a refund as I had pre paid. I went to the Amari Tower and had a wonderful stay. I will never use the LK brand again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A

Dear Michael A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback after your staying with us and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have an experienced in our service.

We pledge to improve and prevent similar problems occurring in the future and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from Friday 18th til Friday 25th April. The hotel looks nice however it's not worth the price at all. I had bugs in my room they came up the sink apparently! Leave the plug in was the hotel answer. I didn't really press them on it as I was looking for a quiet life.
I'm not keen on the hotel design. Except for the reception all corridors by rooms are open to the outside resulting in insects and heat.
I have always left a daily tip for the maid in Thailand (5 years of visiting) this tends to help ensure a decent level of service I feel. On the day I forgot to leave this tip my room wasn't cleaned properly, towels weren't changed and water wasn't replenished. I didn't bother to complain as I felt that I would regret it next room cleaning.
I had room service the following day and when I paid the 220 baht bill (50 surcharge for room service) with 300 baht the girl almost ran out of the room in her hurry to not give change.
At this point I had been planning on staying here 3rd May til 10th May. I cancelled and have changed to lk renaissance instead. If my disappointment ended here I'd have dropped the matter and not made a review.
The icing on the cake of my stay here however came on checkout. I had a taxi waiting so had limited time to argue unfortunately. I was presented with a bill for condoms! I disputed this having not touched any minibar items (family mart in lobby was way cheaper.) The receptionists method of resolving the dispute was to screech "condom" loudly and repeatedly until public embarrassment would have forced me to pay to shut her up. I like to think I would have stood on principle but I had to go do paid. But I thought I would submit this review to help vent my disappointment in the hotel.
My top tip - have them clear all minibar items before you take the room. The other niggles are ignorable but public extortion will almost certainly taint your holiday enjoyment.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank R0b_G_2014

Dear R0b_G_2014,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write your feedback after you stay with us.We apologize for any inconvenient you've faced at our hotel,your complaint had sent to the manager for rectify now and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.