“Best hotel for the price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of LK The Empress

LK The Empress
Ranked #46 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
Hong Kong, China
“Best hotel for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked a deluxe beach front king bed with Jacuzzi, and stayed for 4 days. It was spacious and quite nice, and the beach view is beautiful. The balcony was a nice addition as well.

The staffs are generally quite welcoming, and was very pleasant throughout our trip. They have done everything we have asked them to, and they were quite well-done as well. The chambermaids are also one of the most polite ones I have seen in any of the hotels I have went to, and they get their job done on time, efficiently, and without bothering the guests.

Breakfast is outdoor, to the front of the hotel. The food selection is wonderful, and the egg chef, like many have said, makes wonderful meals. Being outdoor, they was a few bugs around the restuarant, but the food was well covered enough that they were clean, and the tables we ate on had none on as well.

The location of the hotel is one of the main reason we booked it; situated right in the middle of the beach road, it has easy access to many restaurants, bars and nightlife, and many shopping
malls as well. The walking street is also quite easy to go to, whether by feet or by car (songthaews, cheap local taxi).

The hotel itself was great value for money, being one of the best hotel in it's price range. Very recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LK_Management_Team, Sales Coordinator at LK The Empress, responded to this review, 5 January 2015
Dear Sos s,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you so much for the wonderful review.
It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests. Thank you also for your comments about our room ,staff ,breakfast and location, - we appreciate them.

Thank you again for recommended us.It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards.
Customer Service Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chinatown, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

It was my third time staying at that hotel. I have no complaints at all. The lobby is lovely, there was never any lack of comfort. I plan on coming here again, and highly recommend it.
I was very pleased with the room which was lovely and clean. The room service was excellent and the staff very nice. Breakfast buffet was include and well worth getting up for.The breakfast buffet is an open plan affair so tends to get quite warm in the morning. I found that by getting down to breakfast early it was still nice and cool and not too busy. I did have an evening meal which was the steamed whole sea-bass which was really very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Masarcha,

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for leaving you nice feedback after you stayed with us.We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about our service.We will forward your nice words to our staff.

Thank you again for booking us and we hope to be the first choice for you when you visit Pattaya again.

Looking forward to welcome you.

philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

the hotel has a big lobby but the hotel lobby temperature was warm. it helps that my friend speaks thai and made our check in a lot smoother. rooms are big, airconditioning good. the big ornate chair's upholstery is dirty. their bathroom lighting is inadequate, too many harsh shadows. bathtub is not clean. its obvious the hotel room is refurbished but the painters were not thorough. bad paint job can be seen on the door jambs and on some other parts of the room. beds are on the soft side but comfortable.

it seems the hotel are two building interconnected with each other. the owners should put signages to help guests with directions to room locations and signs pointing to where the elevators are.

the sauna and pool is good. the gym is good sized, but no airconditioning! it was hot in the gym.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank al22tecc
LK_Management_Team, Public Relations Manager at LK The Empress, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear "al22tecc"

Thank you for your post and sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at LK The Empress.

We have passed your feedback with our Engineering department Head about temperature in the lobby area and we take action to solve this problem already.
And we have shared your feedback about Air-condition in the gym and The Signage with our Management Department. Our team truly cares about guest's experiences and is always striving to improve.
We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and thank you so much for choosing LK The Empress.
Best Regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My first review was “Fantastic will stay again” written on the 3 August 2013. What happened to this hotel? Today went to book the hotel as I have always done. The reservations agent who then claimed to be the Reservations Manager (Reservations 1500Hrs 2 Aug 14) was abrupt, unhelpful and discourteous to the point of being rude. I do not for one second think that any hotel especially one that has given me such high standards of service over the years would ever appoint anyone with this attitude to a position that is “front line” or “at the coal face” so to speak; with dealing with customers. I will take the time to read the other reviews in the interim to see what the general trend is.
Having stayed before for many years and been a loyal customer of the LK group of hotels I will never set foot or spend another satang / cent in one again. There are far better newer nicer hotels offering professional customer service. Obviously no longer interested in return clientele. POOR!

Room Tip: Pattaya is full of hotels. After my hugely satisfying stays previously it now saddens me to say I w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank mapraow
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Here at the golden bling bling Empress I had a front row seat on the Pattaya version Pamplona's Running of the Bulls!

Specifically, during the onset of the rainy season Pattaya ingeniously replaced Bulls with a cheaper and arguably safer substitute: buckets of rats happily scurrying in and out and all around, scaring tourists but barely getting a rise (as it were...) from the ladyboys and hardened hookers hanging out on the beach-walk directly in front of the hotel.

Well, to be fair - OK I'll admit it - YES rats got a bad rap when everyone pinned the Black Plague on them but that was so very long ago plus now we have antibiotics to cure most any ailment one could catch in Pattaya!

As to the hotel's Liberace Lobby it proved the adage that all that glitters is not gold - the food was descent, the Deluxe (Johnny Walker Double Black) Platinum Executive Jacuzzi KIng "Suite" was mediocre and worn, the toilet faultlessly flushed (half-way) and the giant roaches didn't bother me since they were fast on their feet- I would have intrepidly stayed in the room were it not for the ceiling leak - but then they moved me to a "king" suite with a nice front view below (of the streaming flow of rats, hookers and seaside effluvia)... but it's truely a romantic's view at dark or sunset -- only Indians seem to come to Pattaya for the fresh air.

The location was good, being quite central, yet I'd only stay again if I reserved far in advance so as to get an ocean front view room.

So I'd say this Empress spent too much time in the harem but she still has her charms.

Room Tip: reserve far in advance so as to get an ocean front view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LK_Management_Team, Public Relations Manager at LK The Empress, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear "Rendorseg"
Thank you so much for your amazing review and I love the way you described us. Please let me know if I may assist with your future reservation and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Checked into this hotel with a group of friends on 6th June and stayed until 9th June. The hotel is facing the beach and is in close vicinity to many shopping and is a value for money stay. You can observe the visitors indulging in sea sports all day long. The room and amenities were well stocked and we were supplied one free bottle per guest per room. The staff were friendly and polite and were ready to provide assistance always. The lobby is grand and has been done tastefully.

Room Tip: Beach facing rooms give a great view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear "Gsubramaniyam " ,
We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with others.
Please feel free to let me know f I may personally assist with your future visits.We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel was amazing, comfortable, nice view, well maintained, with an extremely diverse free breakfast. The only down side is the concierge seemed to scheme with the rentals ie: jet ski, scooter, etc. so I would beware of renting anything. The 24 hour massage is a sign covering up for a "happy" 24 hour service, when ordering a massage make sure to describe you only want a massage.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the extra cash, side rooms give you little to no view of additional build...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jeremy C
LK_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at LK The Empress, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Jeremy C
Thank you for being our guest and staying wit us at LK The Empress Hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and accomodations. We look forward to you return and thank you again for the kind comments of "Great Hotel"