“Great place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 489 Speciality Lodging in Pattaya
Belgrade
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed twice in La Cerise and would always come again.Good location,lovely decorated rooms and great staff.The breakfast is excellent,and they can bring it to your room which i found great!
Real hidden gem in Pattaya!

Room Tip: Go for a superior balcony room,its costs a bit more but is better.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank buck011

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 3 March 2014

La Cerise is more charming than it looks on website. Surrounding by restaurants and other guest house, La Cerise is located quite close to the central in Pattaya Beach side. It took me around 15' to walk straight to the beach. Food, drinks and convenience stores are available within 2' of walking. They have a fitness center behind the hotel but I haven't give it a try yet. Staff are friendly, only few of them have good English skill. During my stay, the water was run out for several hours and the hotel had to go somewhere to buy. It is quite noisy at night (that's Pattaya for you), The restaurant is definitely nice and charming.

Room Tip: Rooms facing street have good view but will be very noisy at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VuThiMinhHa
South Slocan, BC, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I won't bother reiterating what has already been mentioned. The choices are diverse in this area, LA Cerise truly stands apart in the attention to detail.In addition, I will add that my stay was somewhat of mistake that began with a unconfirmed booking from Agoda. Without going into details, Cheryl and Frank rectified the problems (despite the fact that it was not their fault) immediately, during a particularly challenging time in Pattaya (2 days before NYE). I highly recommend this guest house to anyone that appreciates great value and service for the money!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Capilano_13
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Some of the earlier reviews have described this guesthouse very well (see Patrick from Sydney's review), so I won't repeat too much of what has already been said. Maybe just check out my photos of the Superior Terrace Room, which is a "rear-facing room" that possibly provides somewhat quieter accommodation than the street-facing rooms.

But just to confirm the basics in a nutshell: La Cerise is a stylish, well-appointed guesthouse, situated in a good location in Pattaya that is close (but not TOO close) to a range of nightlife options (easy walking distance), the staff are professional and friendly, and the complementary breakfast is available at any time of the day, perfect for late-risers!

Certainly, this guesthouse costs a little more than others in the immediate vicinity, but having seen/stayed in several of the others, I can guarantee you that La Cerise is well worth the few extra Baht. The requirement to pay 50% of the account in advance (via Paypal) might not work for everyone, but that is what management has chosen to do, and after dealing with Cheryl I can confirm that she is a very professional manager.

Well worth considering for your next trip to Pattaya.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank The_Made_Guy
Sydney
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First and foremost... I advise you to also "Be very careful"... Careful of other reviewers with only one review posted on Trip Advisor. I stayed at La Cerise 5 times in 2012 and 1 time (so far) in 2013... I've got PayPal history to prove it! If anyone questions the authenticity of my reviews just send me an email and we'll have a chat.

One of the stays last year (end of August) brought me back to Pattaya with five other friends to celebrate our birthdays. We all stayed at La Cerise and had a great stay. We all normally had breakfast together before heading out for our days activities. Half way through our stay we moved into a private villa to throw a few parties. Cheryl (the manager at La Cerise) was kind enough to help transport our bags over to the villa and delivered the birthday cakes for the party. She was invited to stay at the party, but she ran off when she figured out she was going to be thrown into the pool.

Last year all of my stays found me back in room #5 - my room of choice. This year room #5 was taken by another lucky traveler and I ended up in room #4. It's a smaller room, but the bed was just as comfortable, the a/c was just as cold, but the only difference in level of comfort was the shower had less pressure than room #5. Perhaps this was due to a different handheld shower head.

We are returning to Pattaya next month to celebrate our birthdays again. Rooms have already been booked at La Cerise with airport pick-up arranged with Cheryl.

I don't understand why the other reviewer had any issues with Cheryl. I (and all of my friends) have always found her to be very friendly and outgoing - and she has never tried to extract any money out of us for any reason. Cheryl is the manager - not the owner - if the owner has a policy of a 50% deposit when booking she has to enforce it. What really makes me suspicious of the other reviewers comments is that he was unable to speak with the owners... HARDLY! They come into La Cerise almost daily. Every time I have stayed there I have seen the owner (Mr Frank) and/or his wife there. Just take a look at the La Cerise Facebook page and see all of the photos of them. Mr Frank is an avid cyclist - hence the huge amount of bicycles available for rent.

La Cerise is really the best guesthouse I have ever stayed at - anywhere in the world - and I've done extensive traveling (long before there was an internet or Trip Advisor) and lived on three continents. The place is beautifully decorated, they prepare delicious food and it's smoke free. Cheryl does an outstanding job of managing the place and she's got a great group of people working for her - staff retention there is unmatched in Pattaya so that really says a lot about the place.

Room Tip: All the rooms have comparable levels of comfort - the only difference would be whether or not you wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Patrick M
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2013

First time in pattaya took a chance on this place after reading reviews on trip advisor I'm glad to say we absolutely loved the place super rooms great breakfasts and the staff are first class
Pattaya is a crazy place and this place is in a great location 10 mins from the beach on foot 2 mins on the motorbike or baht bus
You are surrounded by some superb bars and places to eat all within mins of stepping out the door
If your in pattaya and looking for a great place to stay at a reasonable price you will not be dissapointed with this hotel it's superb

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank 24paul
Bangkok
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Nice enough little place. I get the feeling it is run more for a hobby that a business, looks as if whoever owns it is trying to keep a little bit of France in the middle of Pattaya – seems the business aspect is almost secondary, which is nice. They have put quite a bit of attention to the details both in the structure and décor and also into the internal marketing of the place. The dining room for example is a strange mixture of garish purple curtains, floral pattern dining chairs and almost baroque style tables with cracked glass tops that actually all go together quite well – although no way I wouldn’t let them loose to decorate my own house! At 1100 for a small room (high season) it is priced about right for what is a more pleasant place to stay than many. Nice and clean, room although a little on the small side and the internet needs improving.

Location is good. I have my own motorbike so never use ‘public transport’ (I don’t trust them) but walk out the door, raise your hand and a motorbike taxi will appear in 2 seconds. There are many bars and restaurants right on your doorstep. The gym and pool are in the hotel next door, you get a pass to allow access. Minimarts and 7-11s all over the place.

Downside, came home at 3am KFC in hand, went onto the balcony to eat and the man across the road was banging his girlfriend on the balcony opposite. I still managed to finish my chicken but I couldn’t face eating the mayonnaise after that.

I like this place, I like what it is trying to do, I like the cleanliness and the western attitude towards hygiene, customer service etc. I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tam B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pattaya
Areca Lodge
#2 of 39 in Chonburi
Mercure Pattaya Hotel
Mercure Pattaya Hotel
#30 of 447 in Pattaya

Been to The Haven Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!