“Almost, if not perfect!”

Centara Pattaya Hotel
Ranked #33 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
“Almost, if not perfect!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

My wife loved the king's bed. the beddings were absolutely comfortable - she slept through soundly every nite of the short 3-nite stay there. We went there right after our stay in a renowned hotel in Bangkok. We paid more than twice of what we paid for Centara, yet the room & amenities were not half as good as Centara.
We got a top floor (level 8) room with balcony overlooking the pool. Everything in the room is perfect! All the amenities we needed were there - in-room safe, hairdryer, fridge and FREE wifi! Wifi connection is always good and auto-connect every time we returned to the room. Just 1 password for the entire stay. The bathroom had both a bathtub and separate shower cubicle with hand-held shower! The water pressure was good. Here i had a little negative feedback - repeatedly in 30sec cycle the running shower tend to rise very hot.
In the daytime we were often out, but the few staff we encountered in lobby and at breakfast were all friendly. Everytime I returned to the hotel I felt welcomed by their sawardee greetings. I booked the room via an online agent stating my preference for a king's bed, and when I presented the voucher at check-in the frontdesk staff realised they had assigned me a wrong room. He immediately apologised for making me wait while he fixed the mistake. It didnt take long though - i walked out to have a smoke and when I came back the bellhop was ready to walked me to the room. No fuss at all. Considering the price I paid, I think I got the room upgraded!
We squeezed out a few hours out of our itinerary to enjoy the pool but were unlucky. My wife is a non-swimmer and can only use the shallow pool, but an hour later the staff came to do maintenance on just that pool. There should have been some advance notice given so that we would not have wasted a few precious hours.
Location-wise i find it perfect. The hotel is situated in a soi (lane) just a few steps off the main 2nd Road. There are many hotels further inside the soi and Centara is the best located one. Across on the other side of the 2nd Road is the infamous Soi 6. 10min leisure walk through Soi 6 and will come to the main 1st or Beach Road and the beach! 10min walk from hotel in the traffic direction of 2nd Road we found a shelter row of eateries serving local seafood.Try the more popular stall at the inside end. I was truly amazed how this wonderful woman with her teenaged daughter could whipped up so many dishes out of the tiny kitchen. Cheap and delicious! There are many choices of F&B, shopping and other conveniences in this area. Going anywhere in the entire stretch of 1st and 2nd Roads is easy - just get on any passing songtaew for a 10baht ride. Or at the hotel entrance you can hail any unhired songtaew coming out from inside the soi and bargain the fare for a private ride. The advantage here is that these songtaews just came out from dropping off passengers at the hotels inside and would gladly take you if you offer a reasonable fare.
Across the hotel entrance are 2 massage salons. Get a authentic Thai traditional massage for 2 hours at just 400 baht. A real deal!
In summary i will rate the hotel location as perfect and the room excellent. Already my wife is planning to return to Centara Pattaya in my next business trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank guangshan
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback. From time to time the positive comments are very motivational for the team. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your positive experience.
Please visit us again soon if you have the time or are indeed in Pattaya.
Austin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Been to this hotel three times now and it is just as good as my previous visits. June/July before I went I sent an e-mail requesting the same room and was given the room on checking in bell boys remembered me from my other visits room very large and spotless maids done a great job.Food is very good and not very expensive with a good choice of Thai and western dishes never made breakfast so cant comment ( to many late nights) The girls on the tour desk were really helpful I had an issue and had to return home early the girls done everything booked flights etc so thanks to the girls again. Always lots of sunbeds and the pool bar guys were always on had for drinks. This hotel suits couples,singles and family groups. One tip please tip the staff they work really hard to make sure you have a great stay they never expect to be tipped but they do work hard and pay in Thailand is not that great so a little tip now and then does help. Will always use this hotel when I visit Pattaya.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank danny j
Dear Valued guest,
Fantastic to see that you enjoyed your stay here. We appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip advisor.
The team here do aim to please and its great to see them recognized by our customers.
I do hope you can stay with us again in the future.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had a terrible experience with the staff at The Centara Pattaya hotel. Stayed here with my wife and two kids for 2 nights. The room was excellent and much beyond our expectations, however, the attitude of some of the staff was terrible.

When my son asked the Housekeeping attendant for an extra bottle of shampoo, he got a response of "Tell your mother to give tip"

Additionally, in order to save time at check out, I went down alone to pay and they refused to settle the bill till the entire family had come down.

Even the attendant at the travel counter was extremely rude. I understand that this is outsourced to another company.

However, I must point out that Mr. Johnny at the pool side bar was very friendly and gave us excellent service and we enjoyed the breakfast as well. I left a letter addressed to the GM, but am not sure if he got it or not as I did not hear from him.

I may not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RaghavBhasin
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for leaving a letter for me on check out. I have responded to your concerns so surprised to see that you said otherwise on this web site.
I have conducted an investigation into your comments and unfortunately it seems that there are some inconsistencies in the information given to me from you.
It seems during your stay you asked for extra amenities on 3 occasions. We charge extra for such amenities, especially given our low room rates. When our housekeeping informed you of this it seems the extra amenities were declined by either your wife or son. That’s fine for us……user pays is our SOP here due to low rates. So my point is that no one asked you or your family for a tip. You were asked to pay for extra amenities. It seems there was some kind of miss communication on this point.
Just to clarify, it is also SOP here that we will only check mini bar once the room is vacated. There is then no question that the bill for mini bar is not correct, or customers feel that the charges don’t properly reflect what was consumed. Believe me this situation happens often.
I hope this clarifies your concerns.
Best Regards
Brisbane, Australia

thoroughly recommend...
we stayed there with friends from 5 July to 13 July
first of all the staff gave there all 100% friendly,
the rooms clean shower big hot. and the breakfast just so much..
and i would like to thank Austin Robinson for the way he menages this hotel.
(also tell Jonney .the bar man to keep them DOC cocktails going) perfection, thank you

Room Tip: any rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued guest,
thank you for your kind review. Its great that you took the time to let us know of your experience here.I appreciate the positive comments and will pass them on to the team here.
I hope you are able to visit us again soon.
Kind regards,
Glasgow
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at this hotel from 28 May to 10 June. Previous reports praising the staff are 100% accurate as they went out of their way to be friendly, helpful and courteous.
Rooms were very comfortable and bathroom was excellent with a great walk in shower.
Food in restaurant was excellent and not too expensive.
Great value hotel in the low season.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank davyloyal127
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear valued guest,
Your positive comments are appreciated! Thank you sincerely for taking the time to rate us. In particular I am happy to see that you found our prices to be reasonable. This is an area we try our hardest. I will post your comments at our staff canteen and this will be highly appreciated by our team her.
Hope to see you again.
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My 2 friends and I stayed at Centara Pattaya for 10 nights 28th May-7th June.

Firstly thank you to every single individual that has anything to do with Centara Pattaya, every tiny think everyone has done made my holiday magical.

This was my first trip to Thailand and I could not have dreamed it to be better.

I would like to personally thank a few employees:
Bow, pol, joss, johnny thank you for keeping the cocktails and room service coming all hours of the day and night, I was never once left hungry or thirsty :)!!!

A very special thank you to Susi the tour desk manager. She catered for all our individual and group needs, she has an excellent way of reading people and knowing what they want.

The hotel manager ( forgive me I cannot remember his name) he welcomed us will open arms on the very first night we met him.

The assistant manager Ja made sure our stay was the best it could be.

All of the above people mentioned have become dear friends and I miss you all!! I cannot wait to see you all again!
Keep a room available, I will be back!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank KCG3389
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay and also happy to see you valued the spirit of our team here. This is the "point of difference" we try to have in the Pattaya market place.
We would love to see you again at Centara Pattaya Hotel in the future.
Esperance, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We have just returned from our stay at Centara Pattaya Hotel where we stayed for 16 days. The manager Austin and Executive Assistant Ja were very helpful. Ja even showed us around on her day off. The hotel staff, cleaners and chef were all great and very polite. The travel agents Susi and Pat were very helpful with taxis and advice. The rooms at the hotel were very comfortable and clean and the aircon was great. The hotel also had easy access to money exchanges, 4 7eleven stores, doctor's surgery across the lane and great foot massages. The gym and pool area have toilets and showers and it was always sparkling clean. The breakfast was good and catered for all nationalities. We found our stay was great and having an Aussie manager with a wealth of experience made our day. He even had breakfast with the guests. It was well priced and we will be staying at Centara Pattaya Hotel on our next holiday. Thanks for making our stay great! Regards Geoff, Mary and Corrina.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your positive comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time here. The team here do go "out of their way" to be welcoming and I am very happy to see this is what we achieved.
Do stay with us again in the future. We would love to welcome you back.
Kind regards,