“when it comes to HONESTY & CARE….let’s say “CENTARA PATTAYA HOTEL”.”

Centara Pattaya Hotel
Ranked #36 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“when it comes to HONESTY & CARE….let’s say “CENTARA PATTAYA HOTEL”.”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I want to say a BIG thank you to CENTARA Pattaya HOTEL. I lost a very valuable Gold jewelry at Centara Pattaya HOTEL. I was in BKK when I realized that jewelry is not with me. With help of my friends, we called Centara Pattaya Hotel and inquired about the lost jewel. They gave us the BEST news that they have kept my jewel safe with them and they agreed to DELIVER it to me to BKK right away. I don’t know who found that jewel and handed it over to the “Lost & Found” department…but all what I want to say is THANK YOU VERY MUCH CENTARA PATTAYA HOTEL and its’ very honest, caring and kind staff and the management. The way you all coordinated and the way you understood the importance of what we’re saying…that was WOWWW..!!! We're very impressed and soooooo thankful to you all. I think when it comes to HONESTY & CARE….let’s say “CENTARA PATTAYA HOTEL”. Thank You guys..!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shakie1987
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear valued guest,
I am glad you enjoyed the trustworthy staff we have here at Centara Pattaya Hotel.
The individuals concerned with finding your lost property have been recognized by myself and the management team here.
I do hope to see you again in the future.
Best regards,
Austin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
england
Reviewed 9 November 2013

we are staying in this hotel for 3 weeks, we have been here a week and cannot find anything wrong, all the staff are vey helpful and friendly. We have been coming to pattaya for many years and have stopped in a lot of the top hotels from the Amari Orhid to the Montien, but I have to say I much prefer the Centara, our room is fantastic we are in room 821 over looking the pool, it has a very spacious balcony and we are in a family studio which is a lovely big room. The breakfast buffet is excellent, with a chef cooking fresh omelettes and fried eggs and plenty of other choice, you would be hard pressed not to find something you liked, even when it was raining there was umbrellas for you to use. The room service is excellent and the cost of drinks and food by the pool is very reasonably priced, I have enjoyed many cocktails by the pool. my husband also enjoying his bottle of chang beer. Hope this review has been helpful.

Room Tip: definitely ask for a room over looking pool
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nellie1england
Dear Valued guest,
Thanks for taking the time to rate us and thanks so much for your positive comments.
I will pass them on to the team here.
Best regards,
Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Plan was to get a bus from the airport to Pattaya direct and then a local taxi. All good plans go astray!!! Our baggage took longer to receive so we missed the bus and had a two hour wait for the next bus so grab a taxi, two of us with another to fill a seat seemed ok.
Problem came about because the taxi driver not being local, did not know where to go and despite asking locals he was directed to every other Centara hotel except the one we wanted so two hours later after driving all over Pattaya, seemed like half of Thailand, we arrived. No local phone no on our booking sheet, the number went to a call centre who were not all that helpful. A local phone no the problem would have been solved quite quickly. That was the first and last black mark.
The hotel position was good, about the middle of the Pattaya area, a very good 4 star, buildings appear to be not all that old, well maintained in a quieter side street, the room was good size, the staff were great and ready for a laugh at any time, the food was good, the cooking class my wife attended was fantastic. Free wifi and fast. Good size pool. Easy walking to the beach, plenty of close action of a night time and shopping if that way inclined. The public transport was easy and cheap, just wave them down and jump on. Open utes and pay when you get off at 10 baht a time. This was B section of the building, we assume A section is similar. The travel desk, not hotel staff, had a couple of very helpful girls for any information required. Will be back at some stage.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher the better for a view from your balcony but not essential. Lifts are quite fast...
1 Thank oldie_9
Dear valued guest,
We are very happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope to see you again in the future.
Best Regards
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Centara Pattaya Hotel is located at a quite place in the center of Pattaya. It’s quite decent and have all amenities like LCD, DVD, Shower bath, Tub bath, Safety locker etc. A beautiful swimming pool with nice landscape around, is the center of attraction. Hotel staff are courteous and co-operative. They have allotted us two rooms for early check-in without any extra charges. Morning buffet break-fast is superb. Even Indian menu like Fried Rice, Nan and Kurma, Semia Upma is made available besides a number of veg and non-veg items fruits and fruit juices. Live omelet preparation is fresh, hot and delicious. Mini Bar in the room is costly. The hotel is very customer friendly. If any guest wants, they will also allow local lady companions. We stayed for two days on 26th and 27th of Oct 2013 in the Hotel. Its quite cozy and comfortable.. Best bet for your smart purse. No issues... all enjoyable. Thank you management...

Room Tip: Ask for Swimming pool view rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dasari
Dear valued guest,
thank you for taking the time to give us the positive comments.
I am glad to see you found as to be good value for your baht.
Hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Friendly staffs, great location, affordable price range. Would definitely recommended! (Y) wouldn't recommend this location for family holiday! Also great range of breakfast buffet. Anyone who come to Pattaya would highly recommend Koh lann island worth visited :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Austin R, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thanks so much for your feedback and positive comments. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel when you are next in Pattaya.
Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

just came back from Centara pattaya, since my last stay last year the service has gone down, do not expect any help from management /reception one male reception staff seems to be the key to the problems, some issues from last year clearly still not addressed, despite Austin,s comment (dear valued guest seems his motto) i would seriously contemplate the negative comments and can agree with most of them, the showers suffer badly from mold/ bacteria for a recent place its really bad, the air con has no user instructions still, housekeeping did not bother to clean room for 2 days even though i had a sign on display and when it was done, it was a bad job i had to clean the shower and floor myself!
no toilet roll, and had to wait 1 hour after asking for new towels, its a lie not all rooms have pool view, and if you request something they will answer rudely and LIE which is the worst thing, and very true too many noisy, rude Indian tourists, and other nationalities as well, and guest allowed bringing local girls/ partners in for sex presents other problems that management allows . seems they are commercially biased at first hand seems well but guest relations and expectation is zero, i will write to you Austin and my tour operators are aware so no surprise, please don't patronize me with a response

wifi is pathetic getting stronger signals from other hotels nearby!!

on my last day i moved to the Tune hotel up the road and have to say despite the size of room the service was far more superior for short stay, however things in
Pattaya have changed a lot and this place is a good example

1 Thank nevrosl
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Valued guest,
What a shame you didn't enjoy our hotel. Sorry to hear of your experience. We have never met and yet you mention me twice in your rating. Some of your comments are quite personal and that's strange given you we have not spoken or even been introduced.
Believe me, I respect your opinion and be assured I will investigate the issues you mention. As you can see there are many guests who enjoy the experience here and they have rated us accordingly. We don't charge fees for joiners so your comment regarding us putting commercial interests first is completely wrong.
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. It helps us to be the best we can be!!!
Bloemfontein SA
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed for 8 nights and what a pleasure ! Rooms great . Staff goes out of their way to assist . The assistant manager Mr Touch even assisted me activated an International simcard . Wow , how is that for service ? I will recommend this hotel any time ! Like said in previous reviews, walking distance to beach . The Hotel provides maps and a pocket guide of Pattaya which makes it very easy to get to places of interest. Will for sure go back there .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Valued guest,
I am really happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I am particularly happy to see that's our service was suitable to your needs. Your comments are very motivational for the team here and thank you for taking the time to rate us.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Best Regards,