“First Trip, Good Trip”

Ranked #34 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Hamburg, Germany
“First Trip, Good Trip”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was my First Trip to Pattaya. I realy enjoyed it. The hotelstaff had been very Professional and friendly and always had a smile on their faces.
The room was nice, big and always clean. The breakfast was good and i also tried some good dishes in the Mix Bistro. If i could say anything Bad then that the bed was a little bit to hard for me, but i slept very good in it. so it is not a decisive Point.

I will come back to Pattaya, and back to this Hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jan T
Jonas S, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great feed back and comments! I will share them with our staff. On your next visit please contact us before on cpy@chr.co.th and we can arrange an extra top mattress on your bed if you prefer to get it more soft, and I remain,

Jonas Sjostedt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

3rd time of visiting and the hotel never disappoints. We had a family studio this time and the extra space was great, although a mirror in the main room would have been nice. Its the staff that make this hotel so enjoyable. Everyone of them are friendly and genuinely pleased to help. Looking forward to our 4th visit!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice review. I will share it on our staff board so everyone can see how satisfied with your stay. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon again as our guests, and I remain,

London
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

On arrival at this hotel I knew things were not gonna be great.

If you travel like I do your aware all the time, you have expectations; not high ones just the simplest things one appreciates when holidaying.
"Cleanliness, comfort, patience and understanding!"

The staff at this hotel are very helpful, attentive and compliant so no complaints there.

The initial room I was allocated had an ant problem, my second and final offer was riddled with bugs and small black flies, flies that would be left in the same place after the maid had cleaned my room.
I spent a lot of baht on bug spray for my room. Even after asking the maid to spray my room daily I also had to spray as these bad boys just kept on coming; some of them just refused to die.
I stayed out of my room as much as possible because of this.

Cause the maids weren't great at cleaning there'd be dead ones throughout the hotel room/bathroom.
The bath would only be cleaned if I summonds the maid to return and clean it.

There was a leak in the bathroom which had a real bad smell (sewer) travelling throughout the hotel room; this was masked over by a bathroom mat that was soaked through daily.

No amount of calls to reception could get it sorted. Their handy man changed the shower spray next to the toilet on 3 separate occasions believing this was the source of the leak (no avail)

Instead of changing my sweaty dirty sheets the maids would make up the bed and puff the pillows. I realised this only because of certain stains.

In room dining menu was a let down: pizza, burgers, chips, sandwiches and noodles.
The meats are not worth mentioning.

If the menu says grilled be very careful it's more likely your meal is fried; fried in a lot of oil.

I would not go back to Centara I deserve better, anyone on holiday deserves better.

I go to Thailand every year this was the my first disappointing stay.You don't get what you pay for at that hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 999Lorna
Jonas S, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us these comments. I have investigated your points and have the following information. As mentioned both in the Guest Service Direction in your room and also on the sticker attached on the balcony door, we strongly recommend to keep the balcony door closed in order to prevent for mosquito or bugs to come in to the rooms. I believe we also informed you this after you informed our reception about the Mosquito issue. As per your request, our Room maid sprayed your room every afternoon. We apologize for the inconvenient with the leaking water hose next to the toilet, we thought we could repair it but could not and had to replace it. Both our Engineer and Room maids have been informed as well about the comments so we can improve our service and standard. Regarding our In Room Dining menu and records, we can not find any order from you during your stay. We offer 53 dishes 24 hours a day from it and we find the options enough. Our imported steaks are from Australia and New Zeeland, but we have also offer Thai beef in several Thai dishes. We are sorry to hear that you were so disappointed, but hope you can give us another chance and then show you are improvements. If you do please mail me before on gmcpy@chr.co.th so I can prepare accordingly, and I remain,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed last month - hotel seems like always busy.
Room: Good Clean
Staff: check in - ok but for the lady who cooked eggs for me was excellent
Beakfast: More than Good.
Location: Near to beach and food, convenience store.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jonas S, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give these comments. Our Kitchen staff and Food & Beverage staff are informed about your good experience with us and we hope to have the chance soon again to welcome you as our guests, and I remain,

Sincerely Yours
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from 17th -29th of March. It's a good location close to transport & a short walk to the beach. We had a 1 bedroom suite which was very comfortable. Breakfast was the highlight of the day staff & food was awesome. We also ate at the Mix bistro often meals were always good ( and service thanks Golf ). We will stay again when in Pattaya.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank robnjodie
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this review. Khun Golf are informed about the good comment and feedback. We hope to see you soon as our guests, and I remain,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 March 2014

It was my second visit to pattaya, stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. very closeby to beach, central mall & big c shopping mall and much more things to enjoy near by. Hotel Rooms are very contemperory along with small balcony with smoking and no smoking room options. Clean and spacious bathrooms. Hotel staff was also very friendly, quick responding. Swimming pool with restaurant next to it. Morning breakfast buffet was served there. Food quality was also good. Enjoyed staying in this hotel. Good value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JNK800
Jonas S, Management Team at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you really enjoyed staying at Centara Pattaya Hotel and it is our pleasure to serve you. Your valued comment will be very helpful for our staffs in order to remain our standard services. We hope that our hotel will be one of your choice for your next visiting.

May we take this opportunity to thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again for a more pleasurable experience.

Sincerely Always,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was my first time at Centara and I had read most reviews before hand so I took a leap of faith. The staff are very good as other reviews say, and nothing is too much trouble. It is close to everything and the cost of the tours are very reasonable at the front desk.
Let them look after you -- we will be back again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel and. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed staying your first time at Centara Pattaya Hotel and it went well. It is our pleasure to serve you and to receive compliments on our staff. They were all very pleased to learn about your comment.

Your valued feedback will help us to improve our performance and remain our standard services in order to delight all the guests.

Sincerely Always,