“Kabkoon ka! ☺️”

Ranked #32 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
Worcestershire
“Kabkoon ka! ☺️”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I had a two week Bed & Breakfast stay at the Centara Pattaya Hotel from 21st June to 5th July. Upon our arrival we were greeted by smiling and friendly reception staff who made us feel very welcome at their hotel.
Once booked in we were taken to our room by the porter, the room was perfect! Very spacious and immaculately cleaned with a very good sized and stylish bathroom, the room had a nice balcony overlooking the beautiful swimming pool, the air conditioning was great too! No complaints at all! ☺️
Breakfast was very good with plenty to choose from, again, we were greeted by smiling staff who showed us to our table, I opted for an omelette each morning which was cooked fresh in front of us, the chefs were always very friendly and smiling.
When we go away on holiday we like to sample the various local restaurants around us, but the food at the Centara Pattaya was that good we spent most evenings eating there! Not only was it very reasonably priced, it was also to a VERY high standard!
Especially the Phad Thai!
We also travelled around Thailand for a few nights, stopping at Bangkok, Krabi, and Phuket, we wanted to see as much as possible during our two week stay, each time we returned back to the Centara Pattaya Hotel it felt like we'd arrived home after a few days away.
Even though we had a great time touring Thailand and felt ready to come home, we felt very sad saying goodbye the the hotel and staff that we grew to like so much. We hope that Centara realises what a great team they have working in this hotel, we've stayed in various Five Star hotels around the world whilst on our holidays (including our two week stay in Thailand) and they didn't offer ANYWHERE near the same level as service that we received at The Centara Pattaya Hotel.
Thank you all so much for making us feel so welcome, especially Nit, who we had lots of fun with, trying to teach us to say "Thank you!" In Thai..

Kabkoon ka! Xx

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RionaWorcestershire
Jonas S, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Riona,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! I am very happy and pleased to see that you were so extremely satisfied with your stay and our services, this will surely make all of us feeling extra proud over our job at Centara Pattaya Hotel! I have shared the comments with our teams and specially to our Front Office and Kitchen-Restaurant team. We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the nearby future, and I remain,
Jonas Sjostedt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for a day and checked out the next as it did not meet my expectations. I stayed in the 2 bedroom and heard that the rooms were very good however i found them smaller than usual. The bathroom was great though, but not these are not most hygienic rooms you will come across. I found a cockroach strolling in the bathtub, 4 - 5 spiders in my room, one in the bathroom, and one on the bed! How can i sleep knowing that there insects crawling on the bed. And btw, this all happened before i opened any windows so these insects were in the room before i checked in. I also asked room service to send up a couple of plates and bowls and it took them over 15 mins to get it. I don't think using a "we are very busy" excuse as ive stayed in hotels with 40 floors and fast room service, unless you guys have a staff shortage. Now whats good about this hotel is that the TV has around 60 channels so a good selection of both English and Thai channels. Free wifi, so thats a plus, good food from room service, and location is fairly good. However, not really worth the money in my opinion

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rayaan A
Jonas S, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Rayaan A.
Thank you very much for giving us your comments on this review. It will certainly help us to improve much faster. We are very sorry to hear we could not met your expectations this time. I have checked with all our departments concerned and their log books. We have not record over any comments from you during your stay regarding any cockroaches or spiders. Also our room maid and the supervisor have no record over this reported either by you or by them. Rest assure that we take this comments very serious as we certainly not want to have any kind of bugs or animals in our rooms. We have a contract with a Pest Control company that comes regular and spray all our outlets and rooms. In our record you already on the arrival and check in informed our Guest Service Agent, Khun Mod, that you only wanted to stay one night. This we accepted and arranged without any cancellation charge. After you entered the room, you came back to the reception and asked for room higher up as you did not prefer the ground floor. The record from your phone call and to it was delivered was 14 minutes according to our security cameras. We have discussed internally how we must do to speed this up and also how to inform our guests already how long time it will take to come to the room, to avoid any miss communication. Thank you again for your comments, we will address the areas we can improve, and I remain,
Sincerely Yours
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location is very good - close to the convenience stores and restaurants. The staff was very efficient and had our key cards ready before we checked in.

The rooms were really good - neat and clean. The only problem I had with mine was towards the beginning of the stay - the room smelled funny. There might be a little language problem with the housekeeping staff during the stay.

Room Tip: Try looking for rooms on higher floors (6th floor and higher). Avoid the ones on the 1st floor as th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Neha10012014,
Thank you for your review and comments. I am really pleased to see that you were very satisfied with your stay with us. Regarding the smell, after you checked out, our room maid reported that there was some smell from the drainage which was fixed directly by our Engineer. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back as our guests in the nearby future, and I remain,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel, as many have noted, is not by the beach, but it is oinly a few metres from Second Road, and just a five-minute walk to Beach Road. Baht buses drop you virtually at the door. My room was on the top floor and had views over rooftops to the sea as well as a less appeaking view over some building works and scrubby old buildings to the north.

The room was extremely comfortable and featured one of the best beds I have slept in. Everything was clean and housekeeping refreshed the room in a timely manner. Wifi worked well.

Breakfast was ok, although the room was a bit shambolic and not particularly well kept. Certain groups of people were making a lot of noise and being very demanding of the staff, who seemed quite harrassed. This was less the fault of the staff than that of the guests, who were extremely rude and offensive, but it meant the room was less clean than it should have been.

I didn't use the pool, but the area was nice and spacious. I did use the spa at the sister Nove property and this was absolutely outstanding.

Overally a very good property and a fine choice for anyone visiting Pattaya.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Young_Gazza
Dear Young_Gazza,
Thank you very much for the great review and feed back, I have shared it on our staff board and it will certainly make every staff concerned smile even extra! I am happy to see the comment about our WIFI as we have upgraded the speed just some weeks ago. Same is with our beds, as this was high priority for us when the hotel was built. Our mattresses are bought from Slumberland, which has given us very good feed back. I can see that we had some conference group during your stay and we did contact their group leader about that some was very loud and impolite to our staff, thank you for noticing this. The Mix, our restaurant for breakfast have been deep cleaned and touch up, so I believe it is up for a good standard again. We have also scheduled extra house keeping staff in the mornings when we now there is big groups, in order to keep it fresh and cleaned all morning long. Our Signature Spa in our sister hotel, a few minutes away, have now been awarded for its excellent performance and guest satisfaction. I will gladly share your great feed back to them. Thank you again for all comments. We hope to see you back soon with us, and I remain,
Sincerely Yours
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The pool was beyond our expectations, the gym was fabulous, the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was stocked with every breakfast selection one could wish for, right down to the cooked to order eggs and selection of local fresh fruits.
Rooms were a good size and clean and cool.
Was within walking distance to Tops Supermarket and Beach Road Bars, Restaurants and fantastic markets stocking everything anyone could possible want.
We visited in May this year and had a wonderful time and would certainly recommend and return.
Our only issue was the staffing of the Lobby Bar who had little English and less understanding of the commodity they were selling. Proved frustrating at times.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool and was peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don H
Jonas S, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Don H,
Thank You very much for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate all comments highly and will share it will all staff concerned. I am very pleased to see that you were so happy with our service and food. We have some new staff in our Food&beverage team and English training for them are scheduled from June. We have a hotel HR trainer who has this as priority on the list. We have increased the breakfast buffet with several items and i am very happy that this has been so well received among our guests. Thank you again, and I remain,
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 times in the last few months. Great staff, rooms, best food I have had in Thailand. Nice pool but gets covered in shadow after about 14:30.
Location is good but not great.
Would I stay here again? Definitely
Overall this hotel is fantastic value and I can highly recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear KTMRC8,
Thank you very much for this great review and comments. Specially happy to see that our new menu is getting so good comments. Thank you again and we hope to see you here soon with us. Best regards,
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hi visited in May this year my second visit here. Breakfast very good although they could do with more variety of fresh fruit. only saw bananas once.. the sausages were a bit sus... more like cheap frankfurters from a tin. nice fresh eggs.. fresh milk and juice... lovely cup of tea with hot milk.

the rooms .. my room very roomy very well cleaned all facilities.. absolute discretion from management.. they even phone you in room to make sure all ok.. staff excellent esp on reception.

didn't try any other food but looked ok. had some trousers laundered but they came back with double creases .... this is a no no for me..

great location very central 2 minutes to beach road by foot. would i stay again... yes..but please how about some english sausages and more fresh fruit.....

but would recommend.

Room Tip: any as they have a very efficient lift ... two in fact.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Jonas S, General Manager at Centara Pattaya Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Hunkedunk,
Thank your for your review and comments!
I have looked into the breakfast items with our you mentioned and we will consider another supplier. For our outside laundry, I have been in contact with them about this issue, and we must check all guest laundry better ones we receive it before returning it back to the guest room. Please accept my apology for this incident. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention, and I remain,