“An Oasis in Pattaya”
Review of Baan Souy

Baan Souy
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Arriving at Baan Souy Resort tired, hot and emotional- to be greeted by fabulous Madam Jim who arranged immediate check in for our group of 8 and our welcome drinks (mine was a fabulous margarita cocktail- one of many over the next few days)We were here for our friends 50th birthday- which was completely organised by Madam Jim- OMG - what a spectacular night it was!!! Cocktails around the pool- Dinner on the penthouse roof top-50 lanterns released form the 3rd floor- then on with the glamorius stage show extavaganza !!!! The whole time we were here - we were looked after by Jim and his amazing staff - like we were part of one big family- nothing was a problem !!!!!This is a true boutique hotel- home away from home- actaully I wish this was my home!!!My poolside room was large and comfy -the food was amazing-we were all very sad to leave Madam Jim and his beautiful resort- Sha Sha will return to Baan Souy- hopefully very soon!!!!

4  Thank Sha Sha B

Reviewed 26 June 2012

What can I say, simply amazing!! We had never heard of Baan Souy. We had booked in for a week for our good friends 50th Birthday. We wondered, what will it be like? Upon arrival we were greeted by the wonderful staff and owners Jim and Gordon. The words " nothing's a problem, just ask and it will be done for you " were mentioned. How many times had we heard that before? True to those words, nothing was a problem as Jim and his staff went out of their way to make our stay one to remember. The rooms are oversize and comfortable, equipped with everything one could want, the pool and grounds stunning and the staff and service first class. We do not usually eat in at resorts and hotels but the food was so good and the prices so reasonable we ate in almost every day. The Baan Souy is conveniently located between the hustle and bustle of the bars in Pataya and Jontiem beach. A 10 to 20 baht ride on a baht bus gets you to either in minutes.
On the night of the party which hosted some 60 guests, most which had flown in from all corners of the globe, the Baan Souy was transformed into an amazing venue. Drinks by the pool, followed by a 5th floor rooftop dinner, 50 lanterns being released from the 3rd floor deck to mark the birthday and all the loved ones who had passed, and an amazing stage show around the pool. As you can see nothing was a problem.
We felt so welcome that we imagined we were living in our own home surrounded by friends and family. Jim is now like family, and he was sad to see us go as much as we were sad to go. We will certainly return to see Jim and enjoy Baan Souy Resort again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank EmmanouelGaganis
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This Resort is truly worth 5 star category - the rooms so spacious and clean, hotel staff very helpful - the Manager Jim was the best hotel host I have met in a long time. The pool is clean and the bar makes the best mokitos I have tasted!!! food delicious - will certainly stay at Baan Souy Resort, Pattaya again - great atmosphere for holding private parties - wild place - loved it!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are spacious and clean - my only tip is to stay longer if you can!!
4  Thank thelma h
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After a very quick and friendly check-in we were warmly greeted by the owner who said
Hi I'm Jim I am the owner of this hotel welcome, you don't get that type of personal service from a owner of a hotel and to think of it, I don’t think I have ever seen or heard of it
And from there on in the very personal service did not stop, Jim says it’s a extension of his home, all I can say is we all loved staying at your home Jim
The Resort wraps around the pool and all the room open on to the pool or a balcony overlooking the pool and bar with separate arrears for sunbathing you don't feel like you climbing over each other
The rooms are very clean stylish adorned with Thai art great beds and pillows easy to use safes in each bedroom the minibar and room services was very well priced and the staff have taken on Jims management style of being professional but very relaxed and warm and attentive and nothing was ever a problem
The Baan Souy Resort Pattaya Is just a 10 Bart 5 min taxi ride to the beach and all the hustle and bustle of Walking street and Pattaya and once your walk through the doors of the Resort it all disappears and you feel at home again thats stunning and gay friendly
Well done Jim and thank you for your hospitality

Reinga

5  Thank Reihawk
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Our own Tuk Tuk arrives very soon which will save you time waiting for a baht bus or taxi

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I love this place! Jim is a wonderful host and makes you always feel at home. The rooms are gorgeous, spacious and comfortable, the pool is divine and the atmosphere wonderful. Jim organised the most fabulous birthday party, transforming the place into a multilevel venue of feasting, celebration of loved ones and stunning cabaret show! And then the next day, relaxing by the pool, heaven! The food is yummy as are the cocktails, the staff are lovely. I have now been to Baan Souy, with my partners parents, by ourselves and for a big party, every time it has been perfect, what more could you ask for!n Thank you Jim and Gordon for your gorgeous resort!

2  Thank soiselee
Reviewed 23 June 2012

A huge thank you to Jim Lumsden and the fantastic staff of the Baan Souy Resort, Pattaya, Thailand, for making our stay so marvellous. They went to extraordinary lengths to make me and my friends, approximately 60 of us, feel safe, comfortable and right at at home in the glorious surroundings of the resort. Nothing was too much. The rooms, the pool, the food and service were all exceptional. They created an ambiance that made my stay one of the most memorable in all of Thailand and I can not wait to come back again. Thank you Jim for creating the most magical party to celebrate the 50th birthday of my dear friend George Ermis. Your tireless efforts to prepare and execute the party, on Saturday night, and at the cocktail after-party, on Sunday afternoon/night, was hugely appreciated. The food Jim arranged catered to both Thai and Australian/Euro pallets, beautifully presented. The drinks were very reasonably priced and to our taste. Jim even arranged my limo to the airport after I had spend a few days at another resort on Koh Samed. If you are planning to visit Pattaya, please stay with Jim and his friendly staff, at Baan Souy. You will be treated like royalty. Jim will suggest the best places to see and is happy to arrange things for you. If you are planning a party, then Jim at Baan Souy is the man to see.

Room Tip: I suggest the delux rooms. They are spacious, clean and offer all you need.
4  Thank isisdaughterof
Reviewed 18 June 2012

What an event...a private party for over 60 people which included a cocktail party, buffet dinner, Thai lanterns and live entertainment. Most enjoyable party for a long time!
I have no hesitation recommending this resort as a corporate or private venue.

• Stayed: June 2012