“Wonderful stay”
Review of Baan Souy

Baan Souy
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed at Baan Souy for three nights and were very pleased with the hotel. Everything was good and definetily worth the money: the room, pool area, gym, breakfast, friendly staff etc. If you are looking for a beautiful and relaxing resort from Pattaya or Jomtien area, this hotel should be your number one option!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThomF84

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed for 5 nights at Baan Souy resort.
Everything was superb, as good as many 5star hotels in Thailand. Great pool area with friendly staff, food was of good quality and good value could not ask for more.
Will return for sure :)

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Irishgaycouple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We spent one week at this fabolous place and where so satisfied. Nice clean rooms, nice pool area, breakfast very good and served wherever you want it. Staff always smiling and helping you anyway you need. The management was visible and actively connecting with customers which I found very nice.
Our room was cleaned while we had the breakfast at pool side - really nice.
The cleaning staff never touched our things. If we left it in a certain position it was still there when we came back. Both me and my partner like that very much.
We wished to give Baan Souy a FIVE, but beacuse of internet problems we took away one...

Unfortunately the internet handling was poor. The speed was very good when we where logged in. BUT we had to login constantly. Example: surf on the phone, put down the telephone, talk with your friends for a couple of minutes, continue with the telephone: LOGGED OUT! And you need to re-enter password all day long. Really annoying.
It is sad because this stupid way of handling the internet connections makes it impossible to use the internet efficiently. At least for me it is vital to have a internet working without any problems. It is actually 2013...

After complaning to the management they really tried to fix the problem but never succeeded during our stay. Even on the beach I could return the next day and my internet connection pops up immediately on arrival, both on my phone and the iPad.

When I come back to Pattaya this autumn I would love to stay at Baan Souy again: IF the internet is fixed and I DON´T need to login more than on arrival...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gelGoE
Jim L, Owner at Baan Souy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your wonderful review. I appreciate your comments about the internet and can assure you that it is being dealt with. We are currently installing a system whereby the guest can login and stays logged in even after they have left the resort for long periods.
It has been difficult be we are sure that the service will be appreciated once the installation is completed.
Best Regards
Jim Lumsden

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Been to Thailand yearly for the past 10 years. Baan Souy is best hotel by a mile! Studio rooms very well appointed to an excellent standard. Stunning views of pool area. pool-side bar and restaurant.
Staff charming and most helpful. Jimmy (owner) couldn't have been more helpful or welcoming. Loved it! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Studio rooms big enough for couples. Good deals via Agoda.com.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This is my third time I stayed at this hotel since the opening. The resort has a very friendly atmosphere and is spotlessly clean. I have stayed in the one bedroom apartment on the second floor. For me It is well worth the extra money to have a separate bedroom. Rooms are big and cleaned at your convenient time. Breakfast can be served at the restaurant, at the pool or at your room. The owners and staff are doing their utmost to make you stay as comfortable as possible. Especially due to their efforts everything around the hotel is kept clean and is upgraded all the time. The Ice breaking party on friday evening at the pool bar is famous and creates a family kind of atmosphere during the day at the pool as everyone staying at the hotel has been introduced. As soon as I can get myself away from my busy work I will book this hotel again. So maybe not so good idea to write this positive review and recommend this hotel. The bigger the change will be that this hotel will be fully booked in the future.

Room Tip: choose an one bedroom room when travel together. Located on the first or second floor. studios are l...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erik w
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I had reservations about the location of this hotel.. as it turned out it was no problem, ideally located between Jomtien & Pattaya. I would certainly return again. Fabulous showers though sometimes too hot. I really enjoyed a great relaxing vacation.... and no kids around!!

The pool location and setting really is perfect, especially lit up at night

Room Tip: A pool studio is a great room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JordaanUk
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I was lucky enought to spend 11 nights at this wonderful resort, a peice of heaven in the madness of pattaya!
Throughout my stay the owners and management team were always around if needed, you often found them chatting to customers around the pool, at the pool bar or in the resturant and reception.
Lots of well mannered staff always on hand 24/7, the service from the moment my transfer picked me up form the airport was second to none.

The cleaners (swat team) were quick and thorough and never once asked or knocked to clean the room, just waited for customers to be out and cleaned then. Which I thought was a great.

The room was lovely, I had a poolside studio, which was a very large bedroom with kitchen facilities and sofa area, with separate wet room and walk in closet.

Overall Baan Souy is a wonderful place, and with the quality of service, facilities and management. I will be back. Hopefully very soon.

Mr R Ellick