“Small and relaxing, 5 star quality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baan Souy Resort

and 1 more site!
Baan Souy Resort
Albufeira
“Small and relaxing, 5 star quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

When I first entered this property my feelings were, wow! Quality! Everything about the place is top quality - room fittings, pool loungers, restaurant, service. I cannot find anything to fault (difficult for me!).

Baan Souy is located about 100 metres off the main road between Pattaya and Jomtien, approximately half way between them. Going either way is no problem as numerous 'baht buses' to hail. During the 6 days here I didn't find the need to go off to the beach, or into town (except once to attend a piano recital), as being around the hotel itself was so relaxing. I had a poolside room - excellent value, with breakfast included (cooked fresh, not a luke warm buffet). There is no traffic noise noise in the rooms. Plenty of TV channels if you don't want to go out. Very good restaurant on site (also a very upmarket restaurant on the corner of the main road - 100 metres away). Large swimming pool and garden area, with a garden bar open all day and evening (food available here also).

Hotel has its own transport service which I used to collect me from Bangkok, and return me to the airport - a good service.

Expect to see lots of gay couples here (the property is gay owned), but everybody is welcomed.

At last, a place in Pattaya that I will look forward to returning to.

Room Tip: All are good, but I did love the room opening directly onto the garden/pool area.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Milford on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

No faults
Fantastic
I spent three months which says it all.
I had a bedroom and sitting room on 4 floor with view over the city which completely different to the more intimate area around the pool with coloured lights at night.

Room Tip: see web site
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ian t
Northumberland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Myself and my wife really enjoyed our stay for 8 nights, rooms are very clean, comfortable & spacious, pool area quiet with enough sun beds for all. Food was good and plentiful, staff were really friendly. If you want a really peaceful/quiet holiday this is the place to stay in Pattaya/Jomtien area.

Room Tip: Poolside balcony rooms are larger
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gillybean16
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was lucky to enjoy the extreem hospitality of of Baan Souy. It's an absolute joy to stay in this little paradise and would suggest a 6 star rating. My room was 2 meters from the pool what made me feel like I had my private pool there. The rooms are very comfortable and even the last days (stayed 12 nights) I found a Dutch channel on the tv. But you don't use the tv since the calme enjoyment of the poolarea never bores you.
To be honoust, Pattaya itself was a rather choque to me. But the distance to the center is about 6 kilomters and was just enough for me to stay the full lenght at Baan Souy. I made a trip to Bangkok and Ko Samet, which was delightfull. In the neighburhood I really had a nice time at the Pattaya Floatingmarket and the Crocodilefarm.
Thank you, Jim, Carlos and all the other staff!
Bart

Room Tip: The poolrooms are real fun if you like to swim :)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Seayob
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed at Baan Souy for three nights and were very pleased with the hotel. Everything was good and definetily worth the money: the room, pool area, gym, breakfast, friendly staff etc. If you are looking for a beautiful and relaxing resort from Pattaya or Jomtien area, this hotel should be your number one option!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ThomF84
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed for 5 nights at Baan Souy resort.
Everything was superb, as good as many 5star hotels in Thailand. Great pool area with friendly staff, food was of good quality and good value could not ask for more.
Will return for sure :)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Irishgaycouple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

We spent one week at this fabolous place and where so satisfied. Nice clean rooms, nice pool area, breakfast very good and served wherever you want it. Staff always smiling and helping you anyway you need. The management was visible and actively connecting with customers which I found very nice.
Our room was cleaned while we had the breakfast at pool side - really nice.
The cleaning staff never touched our things. If we left it in a certain position it was still there when we came back. Both me and my partner like that very much.
We wished to give Baan Souy a FIVE, but beacuse of internet problems we took away one...

Unfortunately the internet handling was poor. The speed was very good when we where logged in. BUT we had to login constantly. Example: surf on the phone, put down the telephone, talk with your friends for a couple of minutes, continue with the telephone: LOGGED OUT! And you need to re-enter password all day long. Really annoying.
It is sad because this stupid way of handling the internet connections makes it impossible to use the internet efficiently. At least for me it is vital to have a internet working without any problems. It is actually 2013...

After complaning to the management they really tried to fix the problem but never succeeded during our stay. Even on the beach I could return the next day and my internet connection pops up immediately on arrival, both on my phone and the iPad.

When I come back to Pattaya this autumn I would love to stay at Baan Souy again: IF the internet is fixed and I DON´T need to login more than on arrival...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gelGoE
Jim L, Owner at Baan Souy Resort, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your wonderful review. I appreciate your comments about the internet and can assure you that it is being dealt with. We are currently installing a system whereby the guest can login and stays logged in even after they have left the resort for long periods.
It has been difficult be we are sure that the service will be appreciated once the installation is completed.
Best Regards