“a must stay place!”

Cucumber Inn Suites
Ranked #2 of 575 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Firstly, it only has eight rooms so book early or risk being disappointed.
The position is superb, a few minutes to Walking Street and Second Road
where you can catch a baht bus (10 baht, don't pay more!) to many bar areas.
I spent many happy hours on the terrace watching the world go by and smoking
as all rooms are smoke free. The food is very good, they serve wine by the glass and the service is excellent.Opposite I would thoroughly recommend
the (straight) massage place.
Manicure, pedicure and one hour oil massage for a staggering 550 baht,
that's two hours of pampering for £11!!!
The best thing going for the Cucumber Inn is it's delightful staff who really make you feel welcome, if I return to Pattaya I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else,
it really is that good!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank stephen j

Reviewed 2 November 2013

After staying for a few days in bkk & chiangrain at top of the line upmarket hotels, we chose this place for our Pattaya stay purely based on location and the trip advisor reviews.We were not sure what we were gonna get frankly

Boy oh boy were we in for a surprise! well furnished large rooms, silent AC, spacious toilet, this place is an absolute gem. Reception and restaurant staff were incredibly friendly and helpful in true Thai style.

When I checked in the receptionist asked me to sign a "Do and Donts" list which was mainly aimed at sex tourist, that was a bit bewildering and amusing at the same time. The guest house is non smoking, run with strict policies yet makes you feel comfortable. We asked for smoking room and were given rooms with balcony where one could smoke.

Overall a great place to stay without breaking your bank and yet have a good time. Close to shops, beach and everything you may need.

Next time in pattaya sure to stay at this place,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great guest house just 1/2 mile from walking street and 1/2 from sensations bar in action street the home of Scott and Paeng from the tv show lady boys.
This was our first trip to Thailand and our first stop...Thanks to trip adviser we choose this guest house.
Service was fantastic and so was the location, food wasn't bad either but we ate street food most of the time.
Large room with TV, tea and coffee. really clean. Reception staff really helpful with directions.
We needed help, a bit of an eye opener is walking street lol.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After the first shock fueled by the contact with the “incredible” Pattaya, I kind of chilled out when I entered at Cucumber. The lobby is nice and clean and, astonishingly, the receptionist knows English (but calm down, only Kae knows, the others don’t know a word). She put in my face a long list of do and don`t`s in the room, most of them related with breaking things and presumed sex-guests!!!!(Maybe she didn’t look well enough at me...). I got a room at the 4th floor, huge, clean and very nicely furnished!! An incredible surprise, really. The noise from the street is audible, but not at a high level. Unfortunately, there is also a bell at the elevator, so even throughout night you acknowledge every time when one of the other guests leave or come. The bathroom has some drawbacks (see pictures); I stumbled at the shower’s sill and hit several times the balk from the WC. On the other hand, hot water is properly furnished, TV has numberless channels, AC is silent and functional and the wi fi works (more or less).The room is incredibly and totally cleaned every day and when I say “incredibly”, it means it is thoroughly cleaned, a thing rarely encountered in hotels. Don`t know anything about the food in the restaurant, I only ate at the conference. If I had this room in any other place of the world, I should have give five stars. But giving the smelly and dirty surroundings, I give just 4. Anyway, if you come in Pattaya and don’t have money for a luxury hotel, The Cucumber is a more than decent choice..

Room Tip: 402 was very good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I had a wonderful 12 day stay at the Cucumber Inn recently. I did my usual pre-trip due diligence by reviewing Pattaya hotels on the internet and selected the Cucumber Inn based on it's high ratings. The high ratings are well deserved. I have stayed in many hotels over the years in Pattaya and for the money the Cucumber Inn cannot be beat. It is a small hotel on South Pattaya Road in close proximity to the Walking Street where all the Pattaya nightlife is. It has huge rooms with large beds, clean bathrooms, very good AC, a 32" LCD flat screen TV, and there is an easy to operate safe in each room. The Wi-Fi is free, reliable and surprisingly fast. The staff is very friendly and the food in the restaurant was very good. There is a 7/11 right across the street that is open 24 hours and there is also a Starbucks Coffee directly across the street. Although the Cucumber Inn is on a busy street it is surprisingly quite at night and good for sleeping. I am already planning my next trip and for sure I will be staying at the Cucumber Inn. I want to especially thank Kae for putting up with me for 12 days! See you guys again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank awhitershadeofpale
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Room is good and it's near the beach and walking street. Very friendly service, any question the hostess will help you patiently. Pattaya is amazing and cucumber is a good choice to live, hope I can stay here longer

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The cozy but nice hotel is on the Pattaya South Road, five to ten minutes to Walking street. Near the IT center, Tukcom. The reception desk is on the first floor in a restaurant attached. The restaurant close at late at night but the security guard is on duty 24 hours. The restaurant have various kinds of food including Western and Thai food. They also serve cocktails. At night there are many street stalls near the hotel so it was convenient to get light meals after drinking around. The staffs are all kind and caring.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo