“Treated like a Rock Star the entire stay”

AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Officially my first ever review of a hotel and the fact that I was so happy with this property that I was compelled to write a review should say it all. First off, you will not be treated any better by any hotel staff in Thailand (or anywhere else in the world). I cannot say enough about the level of service I received and all were so genuinely warm and accommodating that it blew me away. I have logged many nights in Marriotts around the world and this one was by far the best experience EVER. I have also stayed in many hotels in Pattaya and this was hands down the best experience I have ever had. The Rooms were spotless and spacious, the breakfast was just top notch with what seems like a 1:1 ratio of guests to employees. Fresh Juice Bar, any food you can imagine from Western to Thai to Indian to you name it. Swimming Pool and the grounds were the grand prize. If you are traveling with your family, this is ideal especially with kids as it has a small water slide and all the kids there seemed to be having the time of their lives. Location was just perfect, you can access beach road from the back exit and be on walking street in a 5 min. walk. I think it is the best location for me because it is so close to so much. If you like to work out during your stay, they give access to the best Hotel Gym I have ever seen. You are given access to a full gym with all the free weights, benches, dumbells, nautilus, eliptical, cycling bikes you could ask for and more. Special Thank You's to the staff Pui (Guest Relations) KAT (speaks better english than 99% of the Americans I know), and Mark (from England). The 3 of them made my stay even more memorable and comfortable than I could have ever imagined. Dont know what else to say but I truly felt like a Rock Star for a week. If you are traveling with family, alone for work or just for pleasure, I would highly reccommend this hotel in Pattaya.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Had a lovely time at this hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, offering me good advice.
Even when I checked in they escorted me into the business office, offered me tea or coffee and made me feel very welcome.
The room itself had a nice adventerous safari look with a cool wooden feel to it. A see through bath and shower facing the bedroom and some nice sculptures using my bath towels made a nice impact.
The center pool is very nice, fully equiped with a childrens slide and a bar in the swimming pool. A nice massage area also. I spent much of my time relaxing on the sun loungers chatting with other tourists and staff whilst enjoying a nice mix of cocktails.
Breakfast was wonderful and I was given a tour of all the varied types of world cuisine they had on offer, which included so much that even after a week I couldn't get through all of it.
The hotel itself is in an ideal location which joins into the main Royal Shopping Plaza and is a stone throw from the beach and from the bars.
You can also enter this hotel from various areas.., from the beach side, the shopping plaza, the main reception and through other areas also ( for discretion ).
Overally, I would definately rate this hotel and will always choose when in Pattaya again.

Room Tip: Facing the swimming pool is rather nice
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Spent one night on a brief mini vacation from hectic Bangkok. While I really don't like Pattaya itself, I loved the Marriott. An oasis of peace and quiet in Pattaya. The staff were great. Room was nice. Will return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdnhawk2016
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Well, we arrived at 10PM, and the lobby was rather dated looking to us. Maybe some will say it's the "resort look", but as constant travelers, we were not amused. Checkin was slow, and they forgot that I was a platinum member...

Rooms are older, with furniture straight out of an Austin Powers movie baby.

Pool was OK, the surrounding 3 blocks should be avoided, even by the sex tourists!

I was here for work BTW...

Room Tip: Get a high floor, they look over the ocean
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank WorldTraveller550
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Service was outstanding! Staff are all excellent and very attentive.
Check in and out was painless and prompt. I was here on business and the staff looked after me very well. You can take your wife and children here with no worries about some of the less attractive side of what is to be seen in Pattaya. You can walk out the door to markets, shops, bars, a mall and all the sites of Pattaya. You are also on the doorstep to "walking Street" a famous street you have to visit in Pattaya.

Room Tip: Great hotel and family friendly - not typical for hotels on the strip in Pattaya. Good choice of Ho...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mikemurray2009
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and my son really loved the pool and surrounding area. There were also two parrots which kept the kids amused. Everything was as it should be and what one would expect from a Marriott hotel.

My only gripe was with my check in experience. I was told on checking in that my rate included breakfast, which surprised me because I didn't think I had booked a rate with breakfast. I asked the receptionist if he was sure and he assured me that it did. It was therefore rather irritating and a little embarrassing when I was presented with a 2000 baht bill (£40) as we were finishing breakfast. To be fair, the front office manager took the charge off my account. Secondly I agreed during check in to become a member of Marriott's Rewards program but this was not followed up on.

However, everybody is entitled to a bad day at work and it would not put me off staying here again as it is such a nice place

Room Tip: Lower floors provide a nicer view of the swimming pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Alboy1975
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed just 24hours as we were on a cruise, the room was large well equiped but the bed mattress was so hard it was like sleeping on a plank but the staff tried their best by padding it out bless them. The pool area and garden is fantastic double sun beds with better mattress than my bed upstairs, two huge white cotton towles per bed sun shade, a short while after we had settled down a young man pushing a trolly appeared and handed us a very cold face cloth this was very wellcome as it was so hot, we had lunch by the pool cooked freshly in the kitchen by the pool the smells coming from it were so good. After lunch I had a walk around the garden it was fab, a short walk down through the garden and it took you on to the sea front which was thick with people, on my rtn we both had a massage in the spa it was so good, we eat out that night and on our return we had a drink in the bar with the piano playing in the background very nice. Next morning we had breakfast in the resturant fresh fruit and everything else you could ever wish for. We had a fab stay for 24hours if I ever go back we would stay again.

Room Tip: get a room up high at the back overlooking the pool it is very quiet do check the bed you may like a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple