“excellent pool and staff”

AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 465 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Great staff and pool, safe hotel in a seedy area.
Excellent Marriott bed and facilities, we looked over the pool to the sea beyond.
Massive pool and area with a bar on the side with afternoon happy hour.
Marriott exec member so no idea of the cost.

Room Tip: Upper floors overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear DavidP6207,

Many, many thanks for your positive review. We are very pleased that your stay with us was a safe, enjoyable experience. Our pool area has received many accolades up to present and we thank you for adding to them. We’re glad our team took good care of you; this is an area of high concentration for us, so we’re pleased that it was reflected in your stay.

Very much looking forward to warmly welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards

Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,620)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

the people are friendly and take care of all ur needs ,the food is the out of this world.just try the buffets emm good and the swimming pool and pool bar to get a lunch after swimming or just a drink in the pool awesome place..the rooms are just perfect ,from the elephant towel they place on ur bed to the little extra s u get after leaving the hotel u couldn't ask for more the best spa in the world..

Room Tip: undated rooms and sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Keith C,

Sunny greetings from Pattaya Marriott.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we are delighted to see that you have enjoyed our Thai hospitality and the resorts facilities to their fullest.

We look forward in welcoming you back to Pattaya Marriott in the very near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is my 3rd visit thus year and once again the place and staff are wonderful.
Firstly the staff remembered me and sell said hello which is a sweet gesture.
The day I checked in the very lovely cleaner presented to me a pair of shorts I gad accidentally left on my last visit in August. Thus is great customer service.
The hotel us ideally situated for the fun busy area if Pattaya but itself is a haven of peace and quiet. The rear entrance onto Beach Road is ideal and great to pop out as McDonalds KFC Burger King are there for a late snack and cold drink 24 hours.

And finally the best fir me us once again meeting a lady on reception Miss Jantinna who once again is the sweetest and nicest lady I have met and she is still stunningly beautiful and remembered and greeted me.

I cannot recommend thus hotel more highly.

Stayed December 2013 in a Terrace Suite.

Room Tip: Terrace Suites are very quiet and convenient for the Beach Road entrance.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Dave Cogdon,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review, peppered with compliments regarding our team. Thank you too for your three visits already this year; we look forward to creating an abundance of new memories for you very soon.
We are so pleased that your hosts remembered your name, and the shorts you misplaced, four months prior!

Your kind words for Jantima have been echoed many a time, she is a host of the highest quality and integrity, we’re extremely fortunate to have her here with us. For these we thank you once again.

Please let us know, if you think there is any way in which we might make improvements to our accommodation or services, for the future enjoyment of our guests.

Thanks for staying with us! Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is an older hotel but the grounds are kept in very good shape and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

I have had two weekend breaks from business trips to Bangkok. The first (in October) I stayed in a deluxe premier room, although a little smaller than I'm use too it was clean and functional but old and and a little tired. The over bath shower is a dated feature that I though was only offered American motels. The air conditioning although working seemed inefficient and even following adjustment the room temperature or humidity didn't seem to change. This was further compounded later that evening when the power went off and the back generator only seemed to run emergency lights. The TV a/c and most of the lights didn't operate until the power was restored some time later. While I fully understand power outage is a common occurrence in Thailand and that backup generators are regularly used, it is unfortunate that this particular one didn't seem to run the facility.

For my second stay (in December) I had a terrace room, it was terrific, the oversized bath with separate shower couldn't have been better.... I would recommend getting the up grade. The executive club reception staff of Kat and Nam were very helpful, and they helped me with my every need. I didn't use the lounge evening snacks and drinks but the sandwiches offered during afternoon tea were very welcome.

The main breakfast buffet caters for virtually every choice and was as good as I've had anywhere in the world however, at 9:30 am on a Sunday morning it was very busy and some people had to wait a while to be seated. (Recommend to get there a little earlier as weekend occupancy was high).

The pool area is good with very refreshing (cool) water, plenty of shade and a cool breeze mid afternoon.

Overall I would return again, the property is reasonable, but the staff make it fantastic. I would also recommend upgrading to the higher standard room.

Room Tip: Up grade to the terrace room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith S
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review. It was wonderful that you took the time to write such a detailed article; we sincerely appreciate that.

We thank you too for your positive observations with regard to our world-class buffet, and, our magnificent pool, and especially the ones regarding our “fantastic staff”. When we read a comment like that, it is so satisfying to know that the unique, distinctive atmosphere that our amazing hosts create, is thoroughly appreciated by our discerning guests. It was our privilege, to have been given by you, the opportunity for us to demonstrate true Thai hospitality. We hope our hosts created fond, ever-lasting memories of your stay with us.

Please let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for our guests.

The entire team and I look forward to warmly welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 14 nights from 16th December 2014 and from start to finish the whole experience was wonderful. On arrival we were given cold drinks and towels by friendly helpful staff. As our room was not ready (we arrived at 8.45am) we were asked if we wished to sit by the pool and wait for our room. After an hour or 2 our room was ready and it was worth the wait. We had room 544 which I think was a deluxe premier and was beautiful with a balcony overlooking the pool. The room was spacious with a large comfy bed and newly refurbished bathroom.

The location of the hotel is excellent and only a few minutes walk to the beach and all the shops, bars and restaurants.

The swimming pool is amazing with plenty of sunbeds (although not many are in the sun all day). The drinks at the swim up bar are great with many fruit smoothies made to order. We both said the pizza's we had at lunchtime by the pool were the best we had ever tasted. 4-5pm is happy hour (buy one drink, get one free) and this was very popular and the staff run around taking orders and bringing drinks to your bed. My husband ordered singha beer and as you got 2 for 1 they brought them over in a ice bucket full of ice and an ice cold glass from the fridge - perfect. The cocktails were superb, especially the bloody mary and the strawberry daquari.

On our last evening it was Thanksgiving and the 11th floor (roof) was set up with chairs and a small bar area so that guests could go up on the roof and watch the fireworks display being held at the beach. This was a brilliant idea and a great experience as the fireworks were magical.

The main thing we noticed about this hotel was the friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. In my honest opinion I cannot see that you can fault this hotel and I can honestly say it is probably the nicest hotel I have visited and would give it a 10/10.

A big thank you to the Marriott management & hotel staff who make this hotel so great and who made our trip an absolute pleasure

If we return again I would not consider staying anywhere else but this hotel.

Lisa & Austen

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Lisa & Austen,

What an absolutely wonderful review! Thank you very kindly for your enthusiastic, enthralling comments with regard to our hotel. What made us happiest, were the comments about our wonderful staff. We believe it’s the staff that make this hotel, and for us here at the Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa it’s an easy task for us, as our staff are friendly because they want to be, not because they are asked. We are blessed to have the best people in the world here. There is friendliness, and then there is us: an oversupply of friendliness; all genuine, all sincere. So thank you for noticing our staffs’ efforts. We sincerely appreciate your kind words.

Thank you too for mentioning our superior pool area. Which we try hard to maintain as Pattaya‘s finest pool. More tangy cocktails and ice-cold beer will await you on your return!

So on that note we’d like to thank you once again, and very much look forward to your return, when our prodigious staff will be waiting for you.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and located in the heart of activity. The mall next door offers a great food court. Spend the day at the pool or walk out to the beach. This is located on Pattaya beach but for the best beaches only a 10 baht truck ride (soltel) away go to Jomtien. Large buffet breakfast offering Thai, Indian, English and American dishes.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your recent, positive feedback. Yes, we certainly are privileged to have the foremost hotel location in Pattaya. Many of our highly-valued guests adore the fact that we are also connected to one of the finest malls in Pattaya; with countless shops and restaurants and with 10 amazing rides, for both adults and children, on the top floor. You never actually have to leave the hotel unless the wish to do so! Thank you too for your comments regarding our breakfast buffet. Our conscientious kitchen staff always endeavor to put on a spread full of variety and enticement, in an effort to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Very much looking forward to your return in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Marriot Pattaya Resort & Spa is located on the Beach Road, next to the Garden Park Royal shopping center Plaza mall. Ripley's Believe It or Not! is located in this mall, which make very convenient if you have kids that want to go there. My kids love it.
We were 3 adults and 2 kids (family of 4 plus Grandma) and we were able to get to connecting room exactly as requested. People were extra friendly, which is common to find in Thailand, and room were clean and well set. Water and WIFI was included in the price plus I got the Bed & breakfast rate, which I think is a good deal. Breakfast is a good buffet with Thai, Indian, American, and Japanese food. For sure you will find something to eat!
Walking at night on the beach road was really good and easy access from the hotel which has a direct entrance to the mall and to the mall to the Beach road...much food to try and things to see.
We were lucky that there was the International Firework night on 29/30 November (?), just during our stay at Marriot. Marriot opened access to the roof of the hotel and put seat and a bar to enjoy the firework were nice.
The pool was nice but water is cool due to the fact that in surrounded by big trees and I don’t think that the water can get much direct sun light during the day. Anyway I enjoy the pool with my kids. I did not go into the beach, it was crowded and I believe it is not really clean...I prefer to go further south to go into the sea.
I was on the Spa and Gym, just the last day and they look really nice with good nice equipment. I don’t exercise to much but I went there to take a look, I did a lot of exercise walking and drinking on the street!
I have a great time and the hotel cover all my expectation. I will come again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the "Sea view". You barely see any ocean! Anyway, I make this c...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Octaviosky
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much indeed for your superb review.

We are extremely pleased that you found a plethora of friendliness from our staff. This area is of utmost importance to us. It was great that the timing of your holiday coincided with the annual firework display. Fabulous! We are also thrilled that our hotel exceeded your expectations. Yes, we’re very lucky to be directly attached to a vast, modern mall, with unlimited attractions within. Thank you also for your kind comments with regard to our Breakfast Buffet and the service that you received there. We pride ourselves on the spread that we lay on; and as you relayed in your comments, we try to include many countries’ favourite dishes. It was a privilege having you and your family as our guests and we look forward to creating more wonderful memories for you in the near future.

Thanks for staying with us! Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!