“Good location and hotel”

AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 465 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Not really the best hotels in the luxury category but it certainly has a lot to offer. Service is decent but what I love most about it is the location. Next to the mall, beach and walking street!

Also has a fantastic gym that I always use, just too bad it's quite far from the rooms we get generally.

I would say value for money describes Marriott Pattaya the best.

Room Tip: Try to get the pool/garden view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shayan N
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Shayan N,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and are very happy your expectations were met during your stay. We are glad our resort, location, service and our fitness center were to your liking. Much appreciated!

We are always at your service and very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future!

Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,620)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here with my wife for 1 week in May.
Rooms were clean, good air conditioning kept things cool and the beds comfortable.
The pool area and gardens were really nice and quiet. A good place to relax.
The buffet breakfast was excellent with good selection.
Hotel location was great within walking distance of shops and most places to visit on beach road.
Staff were always friendly, helpful and spoke good english.

Room Tip: Free wifi for those who are marriot hotel rewards card holders (you can join at reception wen you ch...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Willie D,

Thank you very kindly for your wonderful 5 star review, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa. We were also happy to read that you found our hotel, facilities, excellent buffet breakfast and our professional service staff all met or exceeded your expectations. Our staff prides themselves on friendliness, so we were thrilled too that you gave them a mention for this, as well as their helpfulness and English skills. Thank you.

We are always at your service and very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here with my partner for a little weekend getaway, but it was absolutely lovely. As I live in Bangkok this is a very convenient place to come to, though unfortunately the traffic was horrendous on the way, but that's another story.

Check in was really great, everything had been prepared for us already and by the time we finally got there it was time for a rest. I actually have no idea what room type I stayed in, since I completely forgot to ask, but it was very nice, spotless clean (yes, I'm one of those people that takes clean appearances way too serious), with a beautiful balcony facing the garden, absolutely wonderful to sit and just relax.

I wanted to walk around the beach road a bit, and on the way out I stopped by reception to sign up for their membership program so that I can get some extra privileges, and through the Royal Garden Plaza. It's absolutely great when you have that much convenience all together. I went for a stroll down the road to check out Central Festival and some other things, and then returned for dinner.

The breakfast was really great, and they actually provide real orange juice, something which I'm very particular about. The crepes and waffles were overproduced though, and usually by the time you got one, it was already cold and stale. But otherwise it was delicious.

The staff were also wonderful at check out, especially because I had some special tickets for the adjacent Ripley's Museum with some special conditions. The people at the museum didn't know what to do with me, but the ladies at the hotel called up the right people and got everything sorted for me.

Pattaya is not everybody's cup of tea, especially if you've been there and you know that it has some "interesting" things going on, but staying at the Marriott, you can withdraw from that world and stay in your little paradise. Great job guys, I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Ask to become a member and get free wifi
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Vincent89BKK,

Thank you very much for your outstanding, detailed, 5 star review and for sharing your kind words regarding: our professional service staff, accommodation, facilities and wonderful breakfast buffet. Very much appreciated indeed. We are thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself and that you were able to relax in our tranquil setting. We try really hard to ensure our guests have a fabulous time, so whenever we receive feedback such as yours, as it shows our efforts are being rewarded by your recognition.

Our resort team and I are always at your service and very much looking forward to your return soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Whilst I only stayed 2 nights in this hotel I found the rooms to be nice and well kept.
The hotel seemed to be popular with tour groups and this did cause a bit of a delay at check-in due to a large number of arrivals.
The hotel staff were friendly and spoke pretty good English, I'd recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marty D,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled to read that your experience during your recent stay met or exceeded your expectations, in particular our friendly, eloquent staff; it’s a privilege and an honor for us to have had the opportunity to serve you.

Thank you too, for recommending our hotel to other readers and travelers; your enthusiasm is very much appreciated.

We are always at your service and very much look forward to your return in the near future!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Pattaya Marriot is probably the most affordable luxurious hotel in the world. It has everything I wanted. Great location within a short walking distance from any place of interest in Pattaya. Inside the hotel territory you have the most beautiful tropical garden in the best of Siamese traditions. Inside the garden you have a large swimming pool, with ping-pong tables and a inside pool bar, that makes mean Mojito. The restaurant in the hotel is top notch and among the varied menu, it serves what I think is the best Thai food in Pattaya. The room service also comes from the same kitchen and is top notch. Elephant Cafe in the lobby is also a very classy establishment with very sophisticated and friendly staff. And most importantly the rooms are full of light, spacious comfortable and very clean. I had a room with the ocean view and I loved each and every day I spent in this hotel. The staff at the reception and the shift managers are very friendly and are always on your side. This is by far the best hotel I have ever staid and I do travel quite a bit in Europe.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend higher floors with ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Naritkorn S, Manager at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear George K,

Thank you very much for your outstanding 5 star review and especially your praise for: our resort’s great location, professional staff service and food quality. We are thrilled too that our proximity to: local attractions, facilities and surrounding amenities added to the pleasure of your stay. Your expectations were met, or indeed, exceeded during your stay, which is what every staff member, in every department strives for; it is a privilege and an honor for us to have had the opportunity to serve you.

We are always at your service and very much look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had a wonderful stay and hope to return again. As a platinum member, I was made to feel especially welcome and I appreciated the kind and truly professional staff members who went above and beyond. I would like to give a special thank you to Kat (one of the managers) who was waiting for us on arrival and made sure everything about our stay was perfect. Thank you!

Room Tip: High floors have an ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear David B,

Thank you so very kindly for your excellent 5 star review. We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and are glad your expectations were met or indeed, exceeded during your stay. You mentioned Kat in particular, our Assistant Guest Relations Manager. Yes. She is one of our star performers and a highly valued role model for those that work with or around her. Your kind words and recognition were very much appreciated, and have been passed on. In return, she’s asked me to express her thanks and gratitude to you.

Our resort team and I are always at your service and very much look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel before & my experience each time has been similar. A comfortable room although the smell from the balcony put me off using it. Pattaya is notorious for bad smells which I believe emanate from an inadequate sewage system. I give full marks to the staff: reception & room cleaners. The gardens & swimming pool are to my liking. The restaurant during my recent stay was mobbed & the food over-priced and of variable quality. Should I return to Pattaya I would consider staying here again. However, Pattaya for me is not the nice seaside resort I remember from yesteryear. I much preferred it in the late 1980's & '90's. Sadly the bars & restaurants I enjoyed back then have either changed hands or no longer exist. In my opinion Pattaya has grown too big & bigger does not mean better!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear ColinGalletly,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for choosing to stay with us again. We greatly appreciated your comments and are delighted to read that our gardens and swimming pool were, and are to your liking. Also, for your kind recognition of our cleaning and reception staff.

We appreciated too, your shared feedback relating to the smell and other experiences you encountered during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced; we have already reported these issues to the relevant departments, so that they can look into, and attempt to rectify them.

However, we are happy to read that you would consider staying with us again when returning to Pattaya; we thank you very kindly once again.

Very much looking forward to warmly welcoming you back soon!