“Fabulous Stay in the Ocean Tower.”

and 1 more site!
Amari Garden Pattaya
Ranked #25 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Fabulous Stay in the Ocean Tower.”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed in the Ocean View Junior Suite of the Ocean Tower last month. The suite was modern , clean and well maintained (credit goes to their Housekeeping and Engineer Team). I and my partner was blown away by the honeymoon setup which was set during evening turn down. We loved the cake and those rose petals in the bathtub! And I'd like to thank to K.Keng (K.Suebsak Front Office) for the arrangement he did for us. We could not wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ocean Tower
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear Bhudis S,

Congratulations on your recent marriage. We are thrilled you chose to spend your honeymoon with us and enjoyed the special turn down set up.

I will be sure to pass on your thanks to Khun Suebsak and to the Housekeeping and Engineering teams.

We wish you great happiness in your marriage and look forward to seeing you again.

Brendan Daly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pattaya
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed there at the beginning of this month for a week. Because the condominium that my company provides for me doesn't complete process yet, so I had to stay at Amari no limits. I'm in Pattaya first time for work and knowing nobody in here.
The staff at lobby are very friendly and helpful.Prompts services and thoughtful. They alway smile and friendly. Making me feel like staying ay home
The lady in the pink dress her name Indhira was very kind and helpful. She provided me very helpful information, map and written down in Thai on paper how to get here , how go there. She always smile to every body. She assisted until last minute when I'm checking out.
I'd to thanks to her for making my first time in Pattaya very warm and impressed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear ARNM777,

Thank you for the review. I am delighted to read that you were able to feel at home during your first week after relocating to Pattaya. This is always our goal and the type of service we pride ourselves on.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the "lady in the pink dress" Khun Indhira. We have recently introduced the role of Amari Host specifically to take care of our guests in exactly the way you have described, helping to assist with any type of question or inquiry.

We hope you will enjoy your work in Pattaya and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Disappointed from 5-star accomodations. Actually, this is my 5th visit to stay in this property. We booked family package (ocean tower) which include room upgrading to Family Room. It was disclosed that the room was located in Cityview side but near Construction area of another property. I have been told that noisy would be ended at 9 pm. Surely, there is no privacy once we sit at the terrace.

We did ask reception to relocate our room but receptionist said that we had only one family room per floor. Once we did ask for charge if we would like to leave the hotel. Receptionist ask for full price!!!!!!!!!!! ( check-in at 3 pm and check out around 7.30 pm). Howver, we have been offered to relocate to seaview Junior Suite....seems ok but........

At check out, our food and beverages were not discounted at 10% upon pacakage. After 20-minute waiting for checking and re issue new receipt, I did give up.. I paid at full (small bill but..it showed low efficiency of hotel officer)

Normally, our kids always ask for revisiting properties with having kid's club. Surprisingly, our kids did not not ask for it.

My 6th visit seemed so questionnable. If Amari not ready for Family Package (for what any readon), please stop it

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pratya S
Dear Hatyaiman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I apologise your 5th stay did not live up to the standard of your previous visits. It is true that we only have one family room per floor due to the configuration of the building that allows the additional bunk beds to be installed. I also can appreciate your concerns regarding the construction currently being undertaken next door. We would certainly prefer if this was not the case yet unfortunately this is beyond our control. Similarly, the 9pm work completion time is dictated by local government regulation and although we have lobbied for an earlier time, we have been unable to influence it.

I also wish to apologise for the delay on check out in processing the discounts that you were entitled to. These discounts should have been applied at the time of your dining and the delay and inconvenience you experienced is unacceptable. As a result, we have fully revised our current procedures and implemented standards to ensure this type of delay cannot be repeated.

We do hope you decide to return to the Hotel for a future visit so that we can demonstrate the level of service you have previously enjoyed.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

An average hotel with good location, very beautiful lobby but outdated rooms that are typical for a 3 star hotel.

I spend 3 nights there while on a business trip. The Hotel staff is very friendly and eager to help. I found the rooms very outdated, with lots of signs of time, basis cleaning and totally unimpressive.

For the price I paid I consider it a very low quality/value option and I can not recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Trip_Datum
Dear Trip_Datum,

Thank you for your feedback and I am disappointed your stay in our Garden Wing did not live up to your expectations. I was pleased to read that you found the staff friendly and eager to help, however I do apologise you felt your stay did not represent value for money.

If you do return for a future business trip, I recommend you book our Ocean Tower which is more contemporary than the Garden Wing building.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We've been staying in this hotel 10 times in the last 7 years and we have always been very satisfied with with our room, breakfast, staff and surroundings.
This time on our arrival to Bangkok we realised that our cards have been lost/stolen and we asked reception after arrival to hotel for help in stopping the cards and guiding us, how to translate police report made in Thai into English.
They were so helpful that we simply could not believe how far and above their normal duties they could go. They helped us in finding right numbers for Visa and MasterCard and one of the staff even arranged English language translation of our original report in her free time.
We were simply left speechless by their natural approach so hardly seen in other hotels.

i strongly recommend you this hotel mainly to appreciate and enjoy their kindness in every gesture and word. It is natural, as Thailand is LoS, but this simpy moved us deeply.

Rooms are very good, breakfasts are OK and 2 big swimming pools and jacuzzi are more than enough even for a demanding guest.

They will see us once again soon for the 11th time.

Room Tip: There are good rooms with balconies facing West in the Garden Wing (what we normally take) and rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janusz711
Dear Janusz711,

I was so pleased to read your review and to know you were so well looked after by the staff during such an anxious period of time when you realised your credit cards were missing. To know we have team members who will work in their own time to assist in this way is wonderful.

As you correctly noted, Thailand is known as the Land of Smiles and these types of acts and gestures only add to this characteristic.

I am also pleased you enjoy the Hotel and facilities and we certainly look forward to seeing you for your 11th visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We were with our family and our room was on the second floor but in this modern world we were shocked to hear that there r no lifts which is the worst part of our tour.Rooms were very small and kids were very annoyed.The lobby was open without any ac's which was very humid and irritating.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Sumeetjyoti
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear Sumeetjyoti,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I do apologise that you and your family did not enjoy the experience at the Hotel due to the absence of elevators and our open air lobby area. Our Garden Wing was opened in 1972 and although renovated throughout its 41 year history, elevators have not been able to be added. I do understand that the open air lobby can be humid during the hotter days and also apologise that this caused you and your family discomfort.

We hope you may consider staying with us again and I would recommend you choose our Ocean Tower for a future occasion which opened in 2007 and has guest elevators and a fully enclosed and air conditioned lobby area.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The room was really perfect. However there are to things that should be improve.
First the atmosphere for having breakfast. It was so crowded loud and the food was not really good and not so much varieties. Second the swimming pool was toooo much chlorine in it. My eyes, hair and body was totally smell of chlorine. If they could adjust these 2 points, it would be perfect

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Claudia R,

Thanks for your review and I am glad that the room was perfect for your needs.

Due to the large number of pool users of all ages, we do ensure that the pools are chlorinated to a required standard. We have checked the PH levels after reading your review, and they are steady at the recommended level of 1.5. I do apologise you were left with a chlorine smell on your body.

I have also forwarded you comments to the Executive Chef regarding breakfast. The restaurants to become crowded at some specific times when the Hotel is running high occupancies, however the food variety should always be maintained to our normal presentation standards.

We do hope to see you again.