“Excellent Service”

Amari Garden Pattaya
Ranked #25 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

This was my N times staying at this hotel. This time I have tried their Garden Wing, I used to stay at Ocean Tower. As usual, I love the whole pool area, in fact this pool is the best in Pattaya, my own opinion. For the room, it seems Ocean Tower is better. But for the service staff, Garden Wing is the best. Especially Sutinum (May be wrong spelling), he is from the concierge, he is so professional, polite, helpful and speaking very fluent English. He have shown us the right directions to many places we wanted to visit, and of course some good recommendations. I and my family would like to thank so much for his warm hospitality. The management should treasure this kind of staff.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lovetotravelxnotwork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
cardiff
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Well this trip didn't get off to a great start. On checking in the receptionist took my debit card and swiped it like they do in every hotel I have ever stayed in, fine.
Imagine my surprise several hours later when checking my on line banking the Amari orchid had taken 20.000 baht (£387) off my card. When I protested they said don't worry I will get it back when I check out! I said I want to spend the money on holiday not when I go home. And it was very bad business to take money without telling me! Eventually they cancelled the transaction but the money didn't reach my account for a week. They then asked for the money in cash which I refused a compromise was reached when they took away my facility to use my key card for transactions and stripped my mini bar.
I had originally planned giving the Amari Orchid a rating of 2 but was one over by the place in the end. The staff were very friendly, the place spotless, facilities marvellous and on the occasional times I ate there food first class.
Highly recommended but be careful checking in.

Room Tip: I stayed in Garden wing, was great
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Nick A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were won over by the staff, facilities and service, however I do apologise that the start of your stay was marred by lack of clear communication.

It is standard Hotel practice to take credit card information on check in and whilst no amount is charged to the card, we do place a hold on an amount of money to be used against any goods and services that may be received during the stay period. As you were staying for 12 nights and using the card to cover 2 rooms a larger amount was held. We should have clearly explain this at the time of check in to ensure there was clear understanding. I have shared your comments with the Front Office Manager and we will reiterate this important step with the entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Brendan Daly
Faro, Portugal
Reviewed 28 January 2014

its orsum experience best ever in the prices every thing is so organised from start to bottom location is too good everything is on walking distence i definetly come and stay again my best wises to the staff services are excellent

Room Tip: ocean view rooms are excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was mostly amazed as for my last three nights in this magnificent country to see how the service in the hospitality industry has gone down. Not only was I disappointed with the Mandarin Oriental in BKK, but also the Amari Ocean Tower was quite " has been…" service is not that good, staff nearly speak english, and concierge makes a pride and a laugh in offering everything three to four times more expensive (such as Limos and Taxis…)
This said I was in a good mood thanks to the fantastic therapist of the SPA, but even that was not enough to appreciate the hotels amenities and service.
Last but not least , the serviced Limos of Emirates Airlines called me to confirm pick up and the pathetic arrogance of the person on the phone gave a final score to my stay.
Does Thailand really needs to act this way ? the streets are empty, restaurants and taverns too. People were afraid of traveling and now, they treat you like this??? They should review their policies and manners…
I love this country, and hope this is a momentary bad experience and things will soon change, I would love to go back son and rediscover the smile and REAL atmosphere of the Siam Hospitality
The GAstronomist

Room Tip: Horizon Club at 19th and 20th Floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear The Gastronomist,

I was disappointed to read your review and discover your impression of the Hotel, and that of Thailand, was not the same as your previous visits.

We do have regular English language classes for all staff to ensure that their level of English is always improving. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I also apologise if you felt the Concierge were offering you transport options that were more expensive. Our limousine transfer prices are more expensive than you can find on the street, however we ensure that all the vehicles are serviced regularly and roadworthy, all insurances are in place, all drivers have current and valid licenses as well as properly trained and knowledgeable of the roads and area. Regrettably, this cannot be assured with other transport options.

I am delighted you enjoyed your Spa treatment at Breeze Spa. I will pass on your feedback to the Breeze Spa Manager.

I encourage you to contact and provide feedback to Emirates directly in relation to the caller you spoke with as we have no connection or influence with this company or service. It is a shame that this interaction influenced your rating of your Hotel experience.

Brendan Daly
Astana, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one week in 2012 Nov.

The most useful thing about this hotel is 100% location. Location, location, location. It is right on the beach road which goes right into the Walking street. So when you need to go anywhere you just walk out of the hotel wave your hand and nearest tuk-tuk is yours. By the way tuk-tuks work little differently in Pattaya rather than in Phuket. You share it with other people at daytime, so ask if it goes the right way before you take it.

Everything is near. Seven eleven is 2 min away. Lot of nice restaurants and bars are on the way to Walking street. So is big shopping mall. Massage salons are around the corner. Night market is across the street from massage.

Hotel has nice pool, nothing special though. Some rooms have ocean view option. Ours had Holiday Inn view.

Pattaya itself is not quite right for family vacation. It's more like wild style vacation. Neither is the hotel. So if you come to Pattaya with bunch of friends who are ready to party whole night long, then get some quality rest in hotel and go on partying then you might consider this hotel.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We Did Indian Wedding at Amari orchid between 17 - 20 Jan 2014, We had amazing experience.
Quality of Food, Service, detailing and hospitality is unmatchable with any other hotel.

Hotel staff was smiling and ready to serve you at any hour of the day.

One of the most Indian Wedding friendly Hotel in Thailand.

All the Best Team Amari Orchid Pattaya, You all Rock.

Cheers

Jignesh Shah
Vice - President
Horizon Wie.

Room Tip: Horizon Club Rooms are amazing
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Jignesh,

How kind of you to take the time to share the experience of the wedding with the Tripadvisor community. We loved having your wedding group at the Hotel and we are delighted that the bride and groom, their families and wedding guests enjoyed the festivities.

Weddings are meant to be enjoyed without a concern for the logistics and delivery throughout. We pride ourselves on our service and preparation to ensure the focus is on celebrating the happy occasion.

Thanks for all of the support from Horizon and we look forward to working with you again.

Brendan
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have stayed in property from10th january to 13th January 2014 location is very good close to Alcazar and Tiffiny show Infront of beach road pool is good

recommended for families with kids

Food quality is excellent i will come back with my family soon !!!!

Room Tip: New tower is good with ocean view rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family