“Very good 20 years ago, not now” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dusit Thani Pattaya

Dusit Thani Pattaya
Ranked #18 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very good 20 years ago, not now”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stay for one night as weekend break from Bangkok.

Dusit Thani is one of the best and most extensive Thai hotel chain, but this hotel is too old and not worth the money. The first room we got is standard room which seems did not use for a long time. The small window was blocked b other building. It was dusty and had bad smell even the reception guy admit that he also cannot stay here, so we ask for change into room without carpet. Fortunately, they upgraded us to pool front room on the ground floor. This room has no carpet, but very low ceiling. Anyway, it is a lot better than the first one. Bed is comfortable and bathroom is big, but shower did not work well.

Having try the Saturday night seafood buffet which is very good. Overall service is also good as Dusit Thani standard. I never try breakfast. Due to it was built long time ago, most of the area contains only steps, so it is not convenient for baby stroller or handicap.

In conclusion, the hotel is old, but the service is very good as Thai standard. There are many better choices in Pattaya.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Dusit Thani for your one day visit to Pattaya, and for taking the time to leave your comprehensive review of your stay on tripadvisor.
I am sorry to read that the room you were assigned for your stay was below your expectations, and I do hope that you will accept my sincerest apologies for this. I"m searching for your details in our system, and will investigate the points you raised once I am aware of the exact room.

However, I'm glad that our team accorded you an alternative room once you raised your displeasure on the first room. Our superior rooms are the last category of rooms going through refurbishement execise in phases at the present moment. I do regret that we did not get the opportunity to put all this right during the time of your stay but I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the services from our team.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back in the future

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Well, I have stayed in a few hotels in Pattaya over the past few years and will say that the Dusit Thani was probably the best value yet,We stayed there for 19 days and have very few negative things to say about it. All the staff were pleasant and courteous at all times.
When we checked in we informed the receptionist that it was our anniversary during our stay and on the date a bottle of Champagne and cake with flowers was delivered to our room courtesy of the hotel.
The breakfast was mostly good,A very large selection to cater for different nationalities only bad thing was that when the hotel was full it became a bit of a cattle market, to be honest the staff did a great job but would have benefited from having a few more helpers as they were run ragged at times,
The rooms were a bit dated and would benefit from refurbishment,but were large and spotlessly clean,water and fruit was delivered to the room daily at no charge.
We were invited to a BBQ in the hotel at no charge and to be honest it is the best one I have ever been to,vast selection of seafood and meats.
I will be back in the future and will certainly consider returning to this hotel.
The one real let down was the cost of eating or drinking in the hotel was expensive relative to
the prices outside the hotel,

Room Tip: If you want a sea view then you need to be on at least floor 4 or above
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave a review of your stay on our page, which we appreciate very much.
I am delighted to read that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us except for the service during breakfast when it is busy. I apologise for that and will personally look into it for an immediate improvement. Also as mentioned, our superior rooms are the last category at present going through the refurbishment execise in phases.

With regarding to prices of the food & beverages, our prices are reasonable when compared with other hotels and their restaurants/outlets in Pattaya. Hotel to hotel comparison.

Again, thank you very much for your review and we look forward to welcome you back
again soon.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed at the Dusit in October fot the first time in Thailand,When we arrived checkin was very fast and very friendly we thought this is a great start when we were shown to our room we were disappointed as we had PAID for a sea view room but you would of had to stand on a chair to see the sea room 672 we are not one to complain but did just say that the view was not very good but were told the hotel was full so we accepted this then we asked about the bbq only to be told we had to pay so I did mention we had already paid for a room that was not up to standard but no we would still have to pay if we wanted to attend but whilst we were at the pool we got chatting to people who had been many times to the Dusit only to be told they had free room upgrades to seaview and above this did anger me abit it's not their fault at all they were all very lovely people and gave us some really good advise ie. restaurants, trips, bhat buses ect. but I do feel the hotel managment team should treat guests fairly.
Do use the lobby bar the ladies who serve you are really lovely and friendly it was so quiet in the bar every evening we felt sorry for them.The pool attendents are very good always there with your towles as soon as you get to the sunbed never had a problem getting a bed as you do in some hotel.
Overall we had a great stay at the Dusit and made some great friends x

1 Thank sallywEngland
Dear Sally,

Thank you very much for your feedback & comments. I sincerely apologise for the room view which was not up to your expectation. For your future stay, please contact us directly as we would like to propose to you our other room categories on the higher floors. Room upgrade is based on room availability and the occupancy. Your comments will definitely be reviewed with our team on how we can improve further. We are so glad that you have overall enjoyed the services by the team during your stay

Looking forward to welcome you back to Dusit Thani Pattaya soon

Merseyside, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

First of all I’ll be totally honest and admit that I’m completely biased when it comes to the Dusit Thani Pattaya having been a regular visitor for more years than I care to remember I think this is the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in anywhere in the world and as I travel a lot on business that’s quite an achievement. I can’t comment on hotels we’ve not stayed in but I’m amazed that the Dusit is only ranked No 30 are there really 29 better hotel in Pattaya.

We’ve just returned from another wonderful holiday at the hotel and despite a number of staff changes the Dusit is as good as ever. This year we had a club sea view room (big thank you to the excellent Imee) with an upgraded bathroom, separate bath and shower cubical with a rain shower which our son loved he must have been the cleanest 12 year old in Pattaya DVD player in the bedroom and a Lavazza coffee machine, usual Dusit comfortable beds with a fine view of Pattaya bay from the balcony. I’m surprised by some comments in recent reviews regarding WiFi, furnishings and service levels not being what they were. We hade free WiFi in the room, you get your user name and password either when you are escorted to the room on arrival or from reception, all public area have also have WiFi just look at the number of people using laptops in reception and lobby areas. Our room was superb and was keep immaculate by the housekeeping staff on the sixth floor quite a task given that our 2 children are the most untidy pair anywhere, we received the usual cakes in the room every few days and if your want ice you just call housekeeping and they’ll bring it to the room. I will agree however that breakfast in becoming a problem, the sheer number of people seems to be overwhelming the staff who are working hard each morning to cope its as difficult to get a table a number of time and on a few occasions the catering staff were struggling to refill the trays of food which were often empty, bacon especially. The situation isn’t helped however by guest hogging the 2 toast machines, do they really need to load a dozen or more pieces of bread at one go or by those who once they’ve finished breakfast sit there stopping the table being cleared for other people I realise many of them very checking out but it doesn’t help resolve the overcrowding. However despite the problem its still one of the best breakfast spreads and the staff remain brilliant despite the pressure they are under.

The Peak restaurant is magnificent I don’t know why more people don’t eat there on the 3 occasions we dined there only once were there other guests, the food is first class the staff brilliant they remembered us from previous visits and knew what I was likely to order, being on the top floor you have a fine view of Pattaya at night. We enjoyed the usual Saturday night BBQ at the Bay wonderful food in a fine setting although we should apologises to other guests for our 2 children trying their best to eat every cake or flavour of ice cream on the buffet.

As soon as we got back home we started planning our next visit the Pattaya of course we’ll go going to the Dusit again, we’d never consider another hotel its not just that we this the hotel has the best position in Pattaya with the nicest gardens for us it’s the wonder friendly staff most who we’ve know for many years immediately on arrival you’ll be greeted by members of the Bell Captains team, reception staff who’ll remember you and the family form many previous visits.

Room Tip: Any room from the 4th floor upwards in fine.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Dear Tom,
On behalf of a very grateful team, thank you so much for your continuous support and for taking the time to leave a kind review of your stay on our page. It is very much appreciated !
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities and services from our team during your stay. But most of all, I am especially pleased and humbled to read that we are number one to you. I will definitely share your kind comments at our next meeting, which I am sure will be very gratefully received. I've taken note of your comment on service during breakfast and will look into it immediately for improvement.
Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to see you again next year.
Wth kind regards,

scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

Just returned from our 5th visit to Dusit Thani Pattaya, for the first time I noticed the changes from our last visit. The on going renovations were very noticable with the strong smell of glue or laquer, lots of hammering that you could hear from the pool. The hotel seems more gearing now to Corporate Events and the staff seemed stretched . This was evident mostly at breakfast time and I did feel housekeeping standards has fallen from previous visits. It is still a lovely hotel and well worth a visit,with a great location. The management need to look at putting the special touches back, such as filling the ice buckets , and the little occassional cake treats as this is what set it apart from all the others.
The duvet covers have been the same for the last seven years as with the bathroom, needs to be moderinised very dated.
Having made the above comments the staff all work very hard, and I can't wait to go back again next year, and hope to see improvements. I have made a lot of lovely friends over the last few years, and it is lovely to return and stay longer .The staff look lovely in the new uniforms and are very proffessional. We had a lovely greeting and made to feel most welcolme, just like old friends.
The Saturday night barbecue is very special , with great food choices.

Room Tip: ask for 5th floor room sea view , its worth paying extra for.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review which is very much appreciated. I would like to offer my sincere apologies on some of the shortcomings you had encountered during your recent visit stay with us.

We are concerned to hear that the service you had received did not meet up to your expectation this year. I will personally look into all the points highlgihted and will discuss with all members of my team concerned for immediate corrective action to ensure that it does not occur again. All our guests are to be treated with utmost importance and will be given the highest level of service and product quality expected out of us.

We view all comments seriously as it serves to be part of our permanent effort to improve further and constantly provide excellent albeit efficient service to all our valued guests.

Thank you so much for your support and understanding and we look forward to welcome you back again soon, and to make up for some of the unfavourable impressions you have experienced.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Booked a Club Floor Room and with the brand's exposure in the Thai Market was expecting a lot having paid almost $300 USD for the room.

The check in process was at the lounge and the lounge while ample and spacious lacks the warmth you expect from being on the club floor.

A simple request to post a letter was met with a surprised look and she was giving me directions to the shop on the 4th Floor. Only when I asked a second time was it evident that she would be delivering the wow to a club floor guest by owning the problem.

The room was spacious and well accommodated in all needs except the biggest bugbear of modern day travel ...NO WIFI ?????? in the room. That was the oddest thing ever as even budget hotels in Thailand has that wired up properly and having paid USD$300 not to have wifi in the room was a major inconvience and certainly not set up for business traveler in mind.

The breakfast was a good selection.

Overall, the business amenities is a major disappointment, the lounge not warm and lack of initiative and for the money paid, I would stick to the HIlton the next time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback which will enable us to take direct steps for improvement in the areas highlighted, to ensure the delivery of our best services to meet guest expectation. I will also immediately work with our internet service provider to improve the wifi signal and efficiency. I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings and hope for another opportunity to restore your confidence in the future.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

amazing and ideal location for family holidays in pattaya..... amazing rooms and interiors....
good hotel suites...amazing amenities like jacuzzi, gym...swimming pool.....etc...love the suites of dusit....only this missing is cleanliness of beach....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Urmikshah,

Thank you so much for your appreciative words which make all of us extremely happy that you had enjoyed all our facilities during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important in our continuous effort to meet guest expectation and create a memorable stay for them. I've taken note of the cleanliness of the beach and will definitely look into it. Looking forward to many more visits from you in the future.