“Good location-renovations needed”

Dusit Thani Pattaya
Ranked #21 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Great location. Shops only a ten baht ride away. Great breakfast good Italian restaurant.

The rooms are very tired. Cleanliness is ok. You can hear everything they say in the next room. Very noisy if you stay next to the road. If you come here to rest expect loud music until late at night but it might come from across the road. Poor choice of tv channels but free wifi.

The pools are great, good destination with kids. Gym is good.

Staff friendly very few speak acceptable English.

When the hotel gets busy it's hard to get a seat by the pool.

Stayed: December 2013
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Carolina,

Thank you for posting your comments on our page. As I do not have your full name and stay dates, I cannot verify if you had informed us of your displeasure with our room during your stay as we would have done our utmost best to accord you a room change and make sure you had a pleasurable stay. I do regret that we were not given this opportunity to make it right during the time of your stay with us. As for poor choice of TV channels, there are a total of 32 channels in our room and we try our very best to accommodate all preferences of different nationality guests that we have. It would help very much if we know your preferred channel.

We take all comments seriously and will always look into appropriate corrective action for improvement wherever possible.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

There are newer reviews for Dusit Thani Pattaya

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

In comparison to the Dusit in Hua Hin this hotel is a clear 2nd. We stayed in the club room which has snack food, coffee and tea all day as well as happy hour in the evening with an open bar, which is obviously great. However, the 2 pool areas are a little run down and while there are very basic kid's pools, there are no activities for the kids except an ordinarily kid's club.
The hotel is located away from all the standard Pattaya riff raff so you can go or a walk without being harassed by men in frocks for the most part.
Best thing about the hotel is the club access for sure

Stayed: December 2013
Chatchawal S, General Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Nick

Many thanks for your posting your comments on our page. I am sad to read that our Lagoon Pool was not up to your expectation. We have just renovated our Chaba pool this year and Lagoon Pool renovation will be in the next phase. I have taken note of all the points highlighted and would like to sincerely apologise for our shortcomings. I do regret that we did not get the opportunity to make it right during the time of your stay with us. Appropriate corrective action for improvement wherever possible will be taken and I look forward to welcoming you back again and to make up for some of the unfavourable impressions you have experienced.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Had a great 2 weeks in Pattaya in October 2013 staying in the Dusit Thani. Perfect location to explore the area, lovely clean hotel
Fruit in the room each day, bed and towels changed daily. Polite helpful staff
Lovely clean pool area
Will be back

Room Tip: Spacious rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Jayne,

Thank you so much for visiting our page and posting your comments regarding your recent stay here at Dusit Thani Pattaya. We greatly appreciate your comments and want you to know how much we appreciate your visit to the resort, and how much we value you as our guest.

We look forward to your next visit. Wishing you & family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Dusit has been the best established Pattaya hotel for a long time, with extensive grounds, and positioned at the end of the main beach, but bridging to the rapidly developing Naclua/Wong Amot area north. They have two pool complexes, 5-6 tennis courts, a gym, and a spa.
There is now a lot of competition, of course in Pattaya, with the Amari, Holiday Inn, Hilton and many others springing up. However, with a refresh, the Dusit is still grand, has good customer service, and is a very pleasant place to stay. (After a day experiencing Pattaya; the diversity of humanity, the crowded roads, the odours (good and bad), the hustle and bustle...it is nice to retreat back into the sanctuary of the Dusit and enjoy a beer on the balcony, overlooking the bay). Thanks to Khun Chain for looking after us.

Room Tip: The higher, the better the view.
1  Thank APMuchTravelled
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dearr Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, comments and recommendation. It is very much appreciated ! We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will defintely convey your message to Khun Chain who will surely be delighted with your compliment.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have always loved it there, this time we were a little disappointed.; Its the little things that count isn't it. after a long trip there was always a drink waiting while the check in was sorted, not this time! we were put in a room on the third floor and the room stunk of previous smokers! the bedding, carpets etc the girl said as she showed us the room we will move you if you don't like it! she must have known it wasn't up to scratch? they moved us next day but that took most of the day. We felt the welcome and the service was just ok and not great as it always had been in the past .I would say the hotel is tired.

Room Tip: non smokers need to be on the fifth floor as the rest are smoke smelling
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chatchawal S, General Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your posting your review regarding your stay on our page. I would like to apologise for our shortcomings during your arrival and room not up to your expectation. I regret that we did not get the opportunity to make it all right during the time of your stay with us. I have taken note of all the points highlighted and would like to assure you that appropriate corrective action for improvement will be taken immediately. Again my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused and I look forward to welcoming you back again to a more positive stay experience during your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was our 5th time at the Dusit, and just as good as the last. We stayed from the 14th March for 10 nights, as usual the variety of the breakfast was fab, the location is the best in Pattaya, the pool attendants are very attentive, as are all the staff, our house maid May, was excellent and so friendly, we met so many repeated guests from last year, and from the year before ( that tells you something ) and we were invited to the meet and mingle, which is a very nice gesture, we ate at the bay restaurant which was excellent. All I can say it was another fabulous trip, and we are hopeing to return in March.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chatchawal S, General Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Bella,

Thank you so much for your continuous support and review. We are all very delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us again in March this year.
I will surely convey your compliments to the Team who will be definitely be motivated to perform even better.
I look forward to welcoming you back again next March.

Take care and with kind regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This review covers our holiday in October I couldn’t post it earlier due to a recent entry about the Dusit. We’ve enjoyed another brilliant holiday at the Dusit Pattaya out favourite hotel worldwide where we’ve been staying more years that I care to remember in fact my first visit to this hotel was before it became part of the Dusit group. I’d been very surprised at a few of the negative remarks that have been posted as they didn’t sound like the Dusit we know and love thankfully we didn’t find anything different from our numerous previous visits. The hotel is as good if not better than ever due to the addition of DVD players and free Wi-Fi in all rooms neither is that important to me but they are to the children.

Many people have asked why do we keep returning to the Dusit time after time and to be honest its difficult to give them a simple answer as there are so many things about this hotel that make it special so were do we start. The staff I suppose, many who been working there for years, the position in Pattaya which has got to be the best in the whole town being one of the few hotels that can truly claim to directly on the sea, the wonderful gardens I think many of us tend to overlook the work that the gardeners put in to maintain the lawns, hedges, flowers and shrubs. The management is superb I travel a lot on business and as the company travel department tend to book people into the same hotels over the years I become very familiar with reception, restaurant and housekeeping staff all over the world but its very really that I meet anybody at the higher level of management however at the Dusit I know all the management from the general manager Chatchwal Supachayanont, Neoh Kean Boon and my old friend the splendid Pramot Sothana and of the new staff members the wonderful Imee and her staff at the Dusit club and the lady in charge of the Peak restaurant who always remembers our children’s names I’m sorry I can’t remember hers. The whole Bell captains team who in addition to booking taxis are a wonderful source of information and a special mention for the young lady who cleared our room she was brilliant our son is the most untidy person in the world, nothing is ever hung up or put away just dropped on the floor, his younger sister is the opposite she folds her brother clothes and tidies up after him but with Master Slob in the room that’s a full time job.

There are three excellent restaurants the Peak must be the best Chinese I’ve ever eaten in with a great view of Pattaya bay at night, the breakfast in the Cascades is wonderful but let’s have the creamed spinach everyday not just a few days each week. We enjoyed again the Saturday night BBQ at the Bay all you can eat, the only things our children didn’t put in the chocolate fountain were the chicken drumsticks. I should also mention the young ladies at the Dusit Gourmet who are always so cheerful and friendly.

We would not think of staying anywhere else in Pattaya and we are already looking at dates for our next visit to the Dusit.

Room Tip: Although I like the Garden view rooms its worth paying a little extra for the sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tom

It is very heartening to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us again and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

My team and I appreciate your kind comments about our hotel facilities, location, food, staff and service. Your words of appreciation mean a lot to us and it is always a delight to know that we have exceeded our guests’ expectations.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to write and I look forward to welcoming you back to your “second home”.

Best regards,