“Fantastic Service!”

Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #19 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Hard Rock for 5 nights during our stay in Pattaya and I must say that I cannot recommend this property highly enough. We stayed in the King Suite and were treated like real royalty, from an immaculate room to fruit platters and access to the King Club which boasts amazing complimentary cocktails, food platters and sweets.

The staff are so lovely and friendly, always smiling and saying hello and telling us to have a "rocking day". The highlight of our trip was meeting "Pop", who works in the pool area. He was a tonne of fun and my partner and him would play pool basketball every afternoon. He was wonderful, always recommending great places for us to visit and enjoy.
I cannot rate the Hard Rock highly enough, worth every penny!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole G
HardRock_Pattaya, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Nicole G,

Thanks for the cool comments and excellent review. I'll pass on your comments to Pop over at our Beach Club. He'll definitely be pleased to know you had a great time. We'll be relaunching our foam party as the Hard Rock Pattaya Pool Party soon with a bunch of fun games and basketball is included! Come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I live just over an hour away. I saw a good price on Booking (probably because of the coup) so I thought I would try out the Hard Rock Hotel.

The room was fine. Nice balcony, comfortable bed, good aircon and a modern design. On the balcony I see the outside of the hotel could do with a coat of paint.

Check in was fine, bags delivered to room. After having a quick shower we went exploring to find nobody at the pool. It was like a ghost town. We decided to go for a walk along the beach front and to a few bars in soi 7 and 8. To my surprise there were lots of people in Pattaya.

After some drinking we went back to the hotel for a meal. Again the restaraunt very quiet. The food and service was good. Band OK. Heading back to our room it was still like a ghost town.

Check out fine with no problems. Not sure if I would come here again. It was OK. I have no complaints. Probably not.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TP1888,

Thanks for your review of our hotel. We usually have great deals available throughout the year but only on our own website if you book directly.

Unfortunately we can't do anything about the political situation and the curfew that was imposed around town recently. It definitely did affect the number of guests staying with us during your visit but we hope you had a pleasant enough stay. Every Saturday night we have the Hard Rock Pattaya Pool Party and plenty of beach club activities each and every day. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon as things are now back to normal and the vibe in our hotel is something that can't be beat!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

As a regular visitor from Bangkok I've enjoyed going to this hotel on weekend trips for many years.
Food is excellent and service flawless. As much as I love travelling in Thailand, I found out that consistency is hard to come by over the years in most places here.
It's always a pleasure to go back to Hard Rock and see familiar staff welcoming you by your first name, which is a reminder that a happy staff makes a happy customer, props to the management for that.
I usually don't eat in the hotel I stay in but for Hard Rock, it's a different story. Form their breakfast, to seafood buffet, to pizzas or burgers you can tell F&B is another key element that makes for the popularity of the place, great value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RonnyBKK,

Your review is greatly appreciated and your comments definitely make our day. We strive to have the consistency that you speak of in all aspects of our service and take great pride in going above and beyond for all of our guests.

Thank you for you being a loyal customer. We hope you'll keep coming back to enjoy our food, vibe, and facilities again and again. Do not hesitate to let us know if you ever need anything.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've never stayed there before but I'm happy to say that the 2 nights I spent there were worth it. The city view room is comfortable, nothing grand but then again you hardly spend much time in a room in Pattaya. The hotel pool however is exceptional, great size, activities, bar and overall the unique beach side area within the pool with private cabanas were amazing. The staff at the hotel were quite friendly, some more than others. In particular, one of the restaurant staff (not the cafe) known to us as 'Flo Rider' as per her badge was very kind and welcoming, thank you for that.

The food at the hotel, especially the Tom Yum Khum soup was the best I've ever had in Thailand, Its perfect in my books. Other than the hotel itself, its located at Pattaya beach and not far from the popular walking street so over all its a good locality.

Being a musician, I think the hotel really feels like the right place, you can also take on loan some guitars from the lobby that belonged to famous artists to practice in your room, huge plus for musicians! so overall it was a pretty good stay.

Was there with my wife in June 2014.

Room Tip: Any rooms with the sea view (higher floor) are generally a better choice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mr K

Dear Mr. K,

Thanks for all the great comments about our hotel! We're so happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We'll pass your comments on to our chef. He'll be very pleased that you loved his Tom Yum!

Hope you also enjoyed our PICKS program and had fun choosing a guitar to play in your room.
Come back soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We headed to Pattaya from scratch, no fixed plan or booking made ahead. So if you're about to do the same, please don't hesitate to check into Hard Rock Hotel. Price is reasonable for around 3500 bhatt per night, wifi and buffet breakfast included. Has huge and fun swimming pool which is a good option if you dont feel like going to the nearby beach. Its also a 15 mins walk to the famous red light district, Walking Street, where local shops and malls can be passed by. They have designated floors for smokers and non smokers which I think is great. Live bands every night at Hard Rock cafe for you to really have a Rocking Stay. :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rony V,

Awesome that you enjoyed your stay with us! Just a tip, if you plan ahead next time, check out our promo page on our website and book with us directly. We've got the best deals there. Guaranteed!

See you on your next visit!

Rockin' regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I decided to try Hard Rock Pattaya. travelling is Asia for over 20 years i had never stayed in a Hard Rock hotel, so i decided to give it a try in Pattaya. Mistake...... Although all facilities at the hotel are real nice, good rooms, good pool, actually most facilities are real good but in the hospitality business the most important factor is to make guests FEEL AT HOME and that is totally missing here. The bottom line is that they do not really care about hotel guests because if not you there will be someone else coming for the brand name and stay there. Plenty of potential visitors. They welcome the tourists that visit the hotel for a meal or drink, that's the goldmine.
It started with a 20 minutes wait for the luggage which arrived after 2 phone calls.
Pool : as a hotelguest you have to pay extra to stay at the pool gazebo (ridiculous), the towels are a mile from the pool and there is no sign so you can pick them up before you go to the pool and the poolboy just says the towels are over there in a tone like 'go get them yourself'
Elevator : there was a guard who was asking something in Thai and wouldn't let me in the lift at 11pm. A Thai couple helped me out and it appeared he wanted to see my room card. Isn't it possible that he would learn 1 single word englsih being "room card' or a word close to it....
Breakfast : it is quite handy to put someone at the 'eggstation' who has no idea what a fried egg sunny side up is (sarcasm)

I have run large factories with 800+ employees all over Asia and i always taught my staff some very basic English or at least some important words. Taking into account that many. many hotel guests do not speak Thai, i find it an ommission of hotel management that not even 1 word of Englsih is spoken/understood even more surprising if one takes into account the percentage tourism represents in the GDP of Thailand.
I heard from friends that the Hard Rock in Bali is a few classes better then the one in Pattaya, more hotel guests oriented but for me once is enough since i am old fashioned, i like if an attempt is made to make me feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KeesSby
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A with/without kids hotel. Full of rock and roll memrobilia. Great cafés. Bands. Come see the decor
Entertainment club in the day for kids. We didn't have any kids with us and never saw any
Pool is half swimming and half sand, rock and water. Fab. With large rings or bananas to hire
Fun fun fun. Saturday night was a children followed later with a Saturday night adult foam party.
If this isn't enough your right on the beach. just cross a small road with your pool towels. Sea/sand Devine,
As you can tell this was a great central hotel and we very much enjoyed our stay
Staff are very helpful and nothing is too much. A must if going to Pattaya. We certainly will go back. Hopefully again soon. LOVED IT ALL!

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean, comfy and perfect. Only comment was no mirror at the desk for doing my mak...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian L

Dear Gillian L,

Thanks for the excellent review! We believe we've got one of the best pools in town but we're going to make it even better with a few renovations and relaunch of our Hard Rock Pattaya Pool Party. (It's no longer just a foam party!)

Hope you'll visit us again soon.