“Improvements Required”

Royal Cliff Beach Hotel
Ranked #24 of 465 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We are actually here for three weeks and this review is only after one week.. We have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels in Thailand including the Dusit and Marriott here in Pattaya and it's difficult not to compare. The location here is awesome, the grounds extensive and well kept, the pools are clean and never overcrowded, sunbeds are everywhere and it's easy to pick a spot each day.. There are however a few minor but easily fixed niggles that for us we've found other hotels beat this hands down on.. Breakfast, great food and what a choice, never yet had to wait for a table but when we are shown to a table not once have we been offered tea or coffee.. Each day it's been the same, we have to ask.. That's assuming you can distract the younger staffs attention, maybe we're getting old and times have changed but as said just something we've never encountered before in Thailand.. The staff in general are lovely, friendly and helpful so we don't like to make a fuss... The mini suite we have is good, not the best we've had but again more than adequate.. Clean and the room service is fabulous. If there was a niggle it would be the fact the noise from doors closing late in the night, early hours travels well echoes even.. The corridors are immaculate white floored but maybe something to dampen the noise levels would help.. Now for my biggest grip so far regarding this hotel and it's annoying.. To get to the small friendly town right next door to the hotel you either have to walk along the beach 10 or 15 minutes then up a steep set of steps (unlit and pitch black at night and a little intimidating even difficult for anyone even a little infirm maybe as there are often youths sitting around in the shadows, we all hear the stories after all) or take a taxi for a few hundred baht each way, not a lot but over the course of a few weeks, soon adds up!.. There is a gate separating the hotel from the road literally next door but only the staff can use it! Now that just smacks of "your staying here to spend your money" to me! Again an easily fixed and never mentioned issue in all the advertising.. Such a shame because if these issues we're sorted this hotel could have the best of all worlds to me and have us booking time and time over.. So to sum it up, fantastic hotel but maybe not suited for everyone!..

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the noise of people coming and going in the early hours!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mdr2000
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff.
Thank you for your compliments on the property, the pools, the large grounds and the location.
We appreciate your feedback on the areas which you feel we need to work on.

We are pleased to let you know that all the points you mentioned I have spoken to all the departments head concerned. I can ensure you that the service level at Breakfast will be dramatically improve. Our staff will be more attentive and be more efficient in service.

For getting to downtown area we provide a shuttle service for a small fee. This takes you to the centre of the city and they shuttle bus will also pick you up to take you back to the hotel.

Thank you very much for the feedback as we are always striving to continually improve and offer the best holiday experience to all our guests.

Warm regards,

Antonello Passa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have just returned home after a wonderful 3 week holiday in the Royal cliff Beach Hotel. We have stayed here 3 times and the standard of care has not changed. the staff are really helpful and friendly. The food at the Buffet breakfast is really something else, I counted 9 fresh fruits to choose from, there must be something wrong with anyone who would complain about the wonderful choice of food, we always liked to eat outside and the manager facilitated us every morning of our stay, on days we did not play golf we spent beside the beautiful pool, where Somnuek ensured that we had our sunbeds and umbrellas,he is so good at his job, I witnessed him covering up a man who fell asleep in the sun, Somnuek covered him with a towel and also an
umbrella, I thought this was so good of him, not many hotels would have staff so attentive..Our room was a lovely modern room overlooking the pools and sea, it was a lovely room and well serviced, although just a little complaint that there was not enough drawer space for 2 of us for three weeks, as we were playing golf we had extra clothes. Although most nights we went outside the complex we did enjoy eating in The Grill Room, and Breezeo's, where the standard of food was excellent. We would like to see a "happy Hour" at Beach Hotel , there is one in the Grand which we went to a few nights, but maybe management would think about one in the Beach...we should have mentioned it to the Food and beverages manager who does his rounds,
greeting guests nearly every day, he is such a pleasant man, and has a great sense or houmer. overall we had a very pleasant stay and will be back next year.

Room Tip: I would recommend a sea view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent visits to The Royal Cliff Beach Hotel.

We were delighted to read that we were able to look after you very well. I am thrilled that you experienced first class food and service. Our teams thrive on ensuring that all of our guests are truly cared for and it is always lovely to see this being recognised. We will award Somnuek on his superior service to the guests. Thank you for letting us know.

We have taken note about your comments regarding the drawer space and happy hour at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year to The Royal Cliff Hotels Group and thank you so much for recommending ‘The State of Exclusivity and Fascination’ to your friends and family.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

With warmest wishes,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed in the a section of the Regency suite in the Grand Hotel due to a booking error (was originally booked in a mini suite plus in the Beach Hotel but these were fully booked so was moved to the Grand Hotel). Despite a double booking error, staff were efficient and friendly and let me check into my new room at 10am (check in is usually not until 2pm!).

A brilliant experience all round.....excellent service, very clean and beautiful, spacious rooms with lovely balconies and views (go for the sea view!) .... Staff friendly, hard working and efficient and kept my room spotless. Slept like a baby all 3 nights on the gorgeous and very comfortable beds......

Lovely flat screen TV, coffee-tea making facilities, free coffee in absolutely gorgeous café on the 9th floor with breath taking sea view all round.....top of the range but overpriced spa......lovely gym

Excellent restaurants in the hotel and over ten lovely pools to choose from (although hands down go for the infinity pool at the Beach Hotel)...

Absolutely no complaints......would stay here again without a moment's delay!

Room Tip: All rooms lovely but sea view and balcony a must!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank zehraraza73
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post such a glowing review and for highlighting your experiences.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took great care of you! Your kind words are an inspiration for all of us to maintain our high quality service.

I have already shared your review and compliment with my entire team. They were very happy to know that they were able to offer you an excellent customer service and they feel motivated to continually maintain the high standard. The entire staff is one of the hallmarks of the service we strive to provide for every guest and they are the backbone of our resort.

We at Royal Cliff Hotels strive to make every moment, a moment of WOW for our esteemed guests

There is certainly nothing more motivating to a service provider than to be acknowledged for a job well done and it's also my pleasure to share your comments as well as my thanks with all team members.

We apologise for the booking error.

Once again, thank you for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity & Fascination and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The breakfast buffet is amazing. The food is tasty and there are so many options. I really enjoyed the crepe station with a wide variety of pancakes, flapjacks, waffles, etc. The hotel feels particularly safe as it one of 3 hotels housed on a large enclosed area with ocean on two sides. The ocean view rooms (especially the ones facing the swimming pools) have a really good view. We found our balcony on the top (9) floor to be a little windy at times but it’s a completely different story downstairs at the pools. The infini pool right on the edge of the premises is a great way to relax as you stare out onto the ocean and islands. The main pool has a swim-up bar where you can drink your cocktails (they are a bit pricey, but good). Food is served poolside too – I’d recommend the cheese burger (a really decent burger for 240 Baht). It would appear that the hotel is in a period of revamp. Even our suite had evidence of ‘old and broken’ furnishing although it was for the most part new and modern. The staff are friendly but we did encounter 2 or 3 staff members with attitude one would not expect of a 5 star hotel. The hotel offers many activities but most of it cost extra. You’re told that the putting green is free of charge but they don’t tell you that you need to pay for the balls and clubs. Dinning seems to be at a high standard at any of the hotel’s 9 restaurants. There’s also an ice cream stall conveniently placed by the pools which has a limited number of flavours but they are of a good quality. They also made my birthday a bit more special by delivering a small complimentary birthday cake complete with candles, fruit basket, and card to our mini suite by 4 staff members singing ‘happy birthday’. There’s a business centre on the ground floor where you can get 30 minutes free access per day. It’s good for Skype. You need to pay 10 Baht per minutes if you stay longer than 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a high room. Very nice views but anything from the 6th floor and up should do it...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GWJ40
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post such a glowing review of Royal Cliff Beach Hotel!

From your review, we can tell it was a lovely vacation and you made the most of each day! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took good care of you!

It is really a beautiful property and we are glad to know how much you have enjoyed it! The intimacy of this resort does foster the spirit of long lasting friendships and a sense of family! Thank you so much for your compliments.

About the staff that were rude to you can you please give me more details on that. At your convenience please write me an email. Please use this email address: bualan@royalcliff.com. Your feedback in this area will allow me to work on the area that needs improvement and attention.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I would like to express my appreciation to 2 of your staff, concierge
and security folks ( Sitisak-head of security or supervisor and I can't
recall the concierge folk's name ).
I was not staying at Royal Cliff but I was the guest who came for the
Breezeo dinner on ( 14/Feb/14 ) for my pattaya holiday and I'm the
Malaysian.

I came by a cab and arrived Hotel at 5:30pm on 14/Feb. When I was about
to walked to the restaurant I realized my phone was left in the cab. And
not able to contact the cab driver.
We spoke to a concierge guy and check whether he can trace the cab
number plate. He quickly contacted the security guy name Mr.Sitisat for
help. They have some discussion just like detective movie :) .
After an hour they managed to find the cab number plate and by 8:20pm
Sitisak called me and tell me the cab driver will return me the phone .
Thank God and I cannot tell you how much I appreciated their help.

The cab driver returned the phone after I left royal cliff about
11:30pm.
I didn't have a chance to tell them I've gotten my phone back.

Thanks . Appreciate if you help me to convey this message.

• Stayed: February 2014
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting Royal Cliff and taking the time to share your story with other travelers.

I truly appreciate your comment regarding our Royal Cliff Team Members Customer Service, they always display the most professional and positive attitude and we are so thankful to have them be a part of our team! We are fortunate to have many good team members.

I have already shared your review and compliment with Mr. Chava, our Bell Captain & Mr.Sitisat Security Supervisor and my entire team. They were very happy to know that they were able to help you retrieve your phone and they feel motivated to continually maintain outstanding service. We always try to go beyond what is expected of us in order to fully assist every guest. Your kind words are an inspiration for all of us to maintain our high quality service.

We hope in the future we can welcome you as a hotel guest. Thank you for choosing to dine at Breezeo, Pattaya's most popular beach side restaurant.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Book elsewhere. We booked the junior suite as per photos on their website, however when we arrived we were shown to a room which looked very different, when we mentioned this we were told this was the new style and our room was old style. The room smelt like mold, the bathroom was not clean and towels and bed covers were stained. Our disappointment did not end there. Staff at breakfast were not attentive and frankly quite rude. Breakfast seating was dependent on which part of the hotel you booked, we were made to feel like 2nd class citizens. Breakfast itself was actually pretty horrible, it looked dirty, sloppy and half the trays were nearly empty it was like left over slops. The pools are like you have entered a bad James Bond movie, although there is a bar in the pool there is no pool side service, something you need after a bad night sleep on a very hard bed. After sticking it out by staying 4 days out of the 7 we booked we eventually moved to the Centara Grand Hotel which was amazing amazing at the same price.. If you are considering royal beach.. DON'T!!!!! book the Centara or anywhere else, unless you like bad service, mold smell & a hotel that takes advantage of you every step of the way (taxis aren't allowed in the hotel, you have to get taken to the street to wait on the
corner for a taxi)

Shame on you whoever runs this place

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Nicsadviser
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review.

We want to thank you for your patronage and for bringing these concerns to our attention. We certainly do not wish to lose you as a valued customer.

The Royal Cliff Beach Hotel – Casual Luxury Pattaya is a 5 star hotel and all the rooms have balconies so you enjoy the spectacular view. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay, so it was regrettably to read your feedback about your experience.

I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the room standards and the cleanliness.

We are sorry that our junior suite photo was not clearly advertised for you. Thanks also for your view on our breakfast variety and service.

We are confused regarding your comments about a smell in your room. Several members of our management team visited your room and could not identify a smell. We would have liked to have discussed the above with you personally while you were here.

I would like to inform you that we have strict quality control standards. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided. However we will keep improving our performance and attain our objective which is thoroughly delight all our guests.

Let me ensure you that what your experienced is not the actual level of service provided at Royal Cliff Hotels Group. We can ensure you that on your future visit you will experience the true Royal Cliff service. We are renowned for our excellent Thai hospitality towards our customers.

Once again, thank you for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity & Fascination..

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We reached the royal cliff in the afternoon & it was like bliss. the place is not far from the city centre, yet, located over a cliff (really) & away from the busy roads
the beach, the main city centre, the go kart facilities are all just a few minutes drive.
the property is huge & has 3 or 4 hotels of various categories.
it was almost fully booked, but you don't even feel it is so occupied till you reach the breakfast time.
the rooms were well sorted & largish. overlooking the bay & was fantastic, to say the least.
everything in the room & the hotel seemed like so well planned & taken care of.
for our 3 days' stay, we did not use the dining facilities per se, though the breakfast was quite a range & being vegans, did not feel pinched.
we did use the banquets & theme rooms, they were also quite well arranged & clearly the winners
did not have to interact with the staff often, but whatever was needed, was taken care of
would recommend this place for all the good reasons

Room Tip: prefer the sea facing rooms, with balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post a wonderful review.

Thank you so much for your compliments about the entire hotels' facilities, the size and the decoration of your room, as well as your kind words about our staff! I am very pleased to read everything was to your satisfaction.

Your compliments on our rooms having a fantastic view over the bay are highly appreciated. It is a great pleasure to read your recommendation about our hotels to other travelers. Your praise is an inspiration for all of us to maintain our high quality service.

We are glad to know that you have wonderful memories of your time with us. We are truly committed to consistently providing high standards of service and facilities. It is our aim to create memorable experiences for our guests and happy that it has been achieved on this occasion.